The Academic Team is a vibrant group of students from
all grade levels who compete on a weekly basis against most of the other
GCL schools in matches designed to test both knowledge of fact as well as trivia.
The matches have three distinct components:
- Alphabet Round: Twenty questions each beginning with the same letter of the alphabet
- Team Round: Broad variety of questions such as American government, English literature, physical science, math, fine arts,
English literature, life science, and world history.
- Lightning Round: Thirty rapid-fire questions up for grabs by either team.
- The matches are held each Tuesday during the season at
Cincinnati State. Matches begin at 3:30 p.m. and usually conclude by
5:00 or 5:30
- Each match has a varsity and a reserve team from each school.
- Practices are held Tuesdays during the season in room 15.
- The season begins in early November and concludes in the middle of February.
- New members are always welcome. Stop by room 15 for more information. We would love to have you join the team!
Mr. Steven Smith