Free & Reduced Lunch
Instructions for Completing Online Free/Reduced Application through Freedom Cafe
All students returning to Roger Bacon will have the same meal
status (Free, Reduced, Full Pay) as the previous school year for thirty
(30) days or
until a new Free and Reduced Lunch application is completed. Please
follow these directions EXACTLY to fill out an electronic application.
is not completed, your child’s status will automatically be set to
full pay after the thirty days has expired.
You will need the following:
- Your standard household income currently.
- You will enter each household member that earns income that contributes to the household and their income amount and frequency.
- Each student at Roger Bacon should be selected and added to the
application, if your student(s) is not found when you search, please
contact the school
- Each additional student/household member should be added, with no
income if applicable (even if enrolled at another school where another
have been completed, add the student’s name).
- The last 4 digits of your social security number (of the signer only).
- If you receive Ohio Works First (OWF) or SNAP (formerly known as
Food Stamps) Benefits, you will need your 7 digit case number (NOT your
- If your student is homeless, foster or meets other criteria, please
mark the appropriate box when available (this cannot be changed later on
Once you are ready, please follow these instructions:
- Click on this LINK .
- Click on the “Sign Up” link to create an account. PLEASE SAVE THIS LOGIN FOR FUTURE USE.
- Fill out all sections of the registration form and click the
“Register” button to create your account. Remember to add any new
students to the account.
- Upon creating your account, you will receive a screen prompting
you to check your e-mail for an activation link. Please be aware that
email may be sent to your junk email, so please check to see if the
email is sent there. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE FREE/REDUCED LUNCH PARENT PORTAL UNTIL YOU HAVE CLICKED ON THE ACTIVATION LINK.
- Once you have clicked the activation link, return to this LINK that you were previously
and login using the login and password you created.
- Click the “Add Student” link. Enter all information from students
enrolled at Roger Bacon, noting the following critical items.YOUR CHILD’S NAME MUST MATCH THE SPELLING AS REGISTERED AT THE SCHOOL or
the system will be unable to locate him or her. The exact spelling on your child’s birth certificate must be used.
- Begin the process of submitting a Free and Reduced Lunch
Application by pressing the “Submit Application” option. You will
receive step-by-step instructions
on how to submit an application from that point forward. Please make
sure when you begin the application process that all your students show
- Determination letters will be sent home with your child once school begins.
If you have any technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.If you have further questions
or the issue is not resolved please contact email@example.com.
For current meal balances, the school will be handling those
separately from this online program, which will be your one-stop shop
for meal applications,
student meal balances and transaction history!