- No Classes
- Underclass Make-up Exams
- Graduation Practice
- No Classes
- Graduation Mass and Awards Ceremony
- No School - Summer Break
- First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
- Varsity Track (State Finals)
- Varsity Track (State Finals)
- There is no school on Monday, May 31st for Memorial Day. Enjoy the 3-day weekend!
- Kairos paperwork for the June Retreat is due by June 4th. All forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SVDP is collecting clean, gently used RB spirit wear, polos, and skirts to be sold at the annual Thrift Store. Donations may be brought to the Main Office. Clean out your closet, keep clothes out of the landfill, and help your fellow Spartans save money! Money raised from the 2020 Thrift Store was used to provide rent and utility assistance to two families and assemble 40 “Birthday Party Bags” for kids. Stay tuned for more details about the 2021 Pop-up SVDP Thrift Store. For questions or additional information, contact SVDP Faculty Advisor Julie Vehorn at email@example.com.
- Shaheen’s Uniform Store. Shop early for school uniforms at their annual summer sale to get the best prices of the year! From June 1st
to July 3rd, save 10% on all uniform purchases in-store or on-line. Visit the stores in person or go to www.shaheens.com. Use code SAVE10 at checkout. No rainchecks.
We are rapidly approaching graduation and all the activities associated with this final event of your high school career. There are several activities next week – what follows is updated information on each.
Please remember that effective June 2nd, all COVID-related State of Ohio health orders will be removed. Accordingly, face coverings and social distancing are not required for our graduation mass/awards ceremony or graduation. Participants and guests can voluntarily wear face coverings if desired.
- Practice will take place on Tuesday, June 1st at 8:30 am in the cafeteria. Practice will conclude by approximately 10:30 am.
- The normal dress code must be observed this day.
- In addition to practicing for the actual graduation ceremony, seniors will be signing the Class of 2021 mural in the cafeteria.
- Failure to attend practice may result in your senior not being able to participate in commencement.
- Tickets for graduation will be passed out at the conclusion of practice.
- As we will still be operating under current State of Ohio health orders, face coverings are required.
GRADUATION MASS AND AWARDS CEREMONY
- Mass and awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 2nd at 8:30 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center.
- Each senior is allowed to bring two guests. Due to space limitations, no more than 2 guests per graduate are permitted.
- Guests should arrive at Roger Bacon no later than 8:20 am.
- Graduates will meet in the cafeteria no later than 8:10 am and will process into the Fine Arts Center.
- Caps and gowns are to be worn for mass.
- Gentlemen must wear a dress shirt, tie, long trousers, socks and dress shoes under the graduation gown. They must be clean shaven with regulation haircuts and no earrings.
- Ladies must wear dresses, skirts, or dress pants and shoes. Colors should be pale pastels or soft colors. Non-dress code piercings are not permitted.
- This attire is also required for the graduation ceremony. Students not in compliance will not be permitted to participate.
- A light continental breakfast will be served in the cafeteria after the awards ceremony.
- The graduation ceremony will be on Thursday, June 3rd
at 7:00 pm in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Students should report to the cafeteria no later than 6:30 pm and commencement exercises will begin promptly at 7:00 pm.
- Each senior has seven (7) tickets – 2 tickets will be for seats on the floor and 5 are for seats in the bleachers. Guest attendance at graduation will be by ticket only. If you will not be using all 7 tickets, please return any extra tickets to Amy Wilson in the main office. If you are requesting additional tickets, please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list. We will do our best to accommodate requests for extra tickets within the seating limitations of the gymnasium.
- The graduation ceremony is a formal occasion and appropriate behavior of the graduates and guests is expected. In order to allow each student to have his/her moment of glory, and in keeping with the solemnity of the occasion, we ask that all guests refrain from cheering, shouting, or any other kinds of verbal displays until invited to do so.
Roger Bacon 2021 Summer School Information
Students who fail a core course for the year will be required to make up that credit in summer school. Roger Bacon is providing online summer school for students.
- Summer school begins June 14th. Students must attend an on campus orientation session on June 14th at 9:00 am. All other work is done online.
- The cost is $200 per course. The registration fee should be brought to the Main Office. Checks may be made out to "Roger Bacon High School." Please write “Summer School” on the purpose line.
- Theology recovery credit will be offered through Schoology, taught by a Roger Bacon Theology Department member. Students must work each day, and the course must be finished by June 25th.
- All other courses will be offered through Apex, taught by online teachers. Course work must be finished before the start of the 2021-22 school year.
- A Roger Bacon Math Department member will be available for Zoom office hours each day June 14 – July 9 to assist students pursuing recovery credit in math.
- Students who need to retain their iPads over the summer in order to complete summer school must request this by contacting Mr. Zlatic at email@example.com.
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
Fine Arts Department
The Drama Guild is proud to present the shows for the 2021-2022 school year!
- Fall 2021: Alice in Wonderland
- Spring 2022: Disney's Newsies
Whether you want to be involved or just want to be in the audience, we look forward to seeing you at the theater!
Follow Us - rogerbaconfinearts.com
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Fine Arts
Instagram – @RBFineArts; @RBDramaGuild
Twitter – @RBFineArts; @RBDramaGuild; @rb3official
YouTube Channel – CLICK HERE!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, June 4th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Thursday, June 10th, at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
Jun 08-10: Kairos
Aug 12-13: Freshmen Orientation Days
Aug 13: Koinonia (Freshmen Faith & Service Day)
Aug 16-17: Faculty/Staff Professional Development
Aug 18: 1st Day of School
Sep 01: Meet the Teacher Night (Virtual)
Sep 06: No School (Labor Day)
Sep 24: Homecoming
Sep 25: Homecoming Dance
Sep 27: No School (Professional Development)
Sep 28: Financial Aid Night
Oct 04: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 06-08: Kairos
Oct 08: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 13: PSAT - Sophomore Assisi Scholars and Juniors Only
Oct 15: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 20: Student/Athlete College Information Night
Oct 22: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 24: Open House
Oct 25: No School (Professional Development)
Oct 26: Early Dismissal - Pre-ACT/Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Nov 01: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 04: Fall Band Concert
Nov 05: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov10: Veterans' Day Assembly
Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
Nov 12: No School - Professional Development
Nov 19: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov 19-21: Fall Play
Nov 20: 8th Grade HSPT
Nov 24-29: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 08: Feast of the Immaculate Conception Mass
Dec 09-10: Junior "J.O.Y." Retreat
Dec 17: Christmas Assembly / Christmas Concert
Dec 20-21: 1st Semester Exams
Dec 22 - Jan 02: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 07: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Jan 17: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
Jan 20-23: March for Life
Jan 20: Early Dismissal - Sports Stag
Jan 21: No School - Professional Development
Feb 07: No School
Feb 18: No School (Professional Development)
Feb 21: No School (Presidents' Day)
Feb 22: Early Dismissal - ACT (Juniors) IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 21: No School (Professional Development)
Apr 14-24: No School - Easter Break
Apr 18-26: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 29: No School - Prom
Apr 30: Evening for Excellence
May 23-24: Senior Exams
May 26-27: Underclass Exams
May 30: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 02: Graduation