- No School
- AP Test: Statistics (12:00 pm in room 41)
- Varsity Softball vs Alter @ Ernst Park #1
- Ultimate Frisbee vs Lebanon
- Regular Schedule
- Assisi Scholars Meeting (Seniors) (7:00 pm in ITC)
- Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Badin
- Varsity Track @ New Richmond (Districts)
- Club Girls Lacrosse @ Dixie Heights
- Regular Schedule
- Spring Concert (7:30 pm in ITC)
- Varsity Baseball vs TBD @ Ross Park (State Tournament)
- Mass Schedule - All School Closing Mass
- Senior T-Shirt Day
- Senior Lock-In (9:00 pm)
- Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Alter
- Varsity Track @ New Richmond (Districts)
- Senior Send-Off Schedule
- Seniors' Last Day (Seniors are dismissed at 9:00 am)
- Spring Signing Ceremony (during Senior Assembly)
- Ultimate Frisbee @ Lebanon
- Tuition and fees need to be paid by Thursday, May 20thto ensure that grades and report cards can be viewed and accessed. If there are any questions, please contact our Business Office at 641-1300.
- There is no school on Monday, May 17th so our students, faculty and staff can attend services for Ed Tempel. Services are at St. Clement Church - Visitation from 10:00 - 11:00 am and Mass at 11:00 am. Burial services are private. If you attend, please wear RB spirit wear in tribute to Mr. Tempel.
- Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage. The Franciscan Pilgrimage Group who plans the details of the pilgrimage have also shared our optimism that the pilgrimage will take place from July 29 - August 6, 2021. Parents of Assisi Scholars going on the pilgrimage are invited to attend an information session on Tuesday, May 18th in the ITC (Information Technology Center) at 7:00 pm. Please park in the back parking lot off of Leonard Ave. The purpose of our gathering is to answer any questions that you have about the trip.
- Attention Seniors! If you applied to college and were awarded scholarships, please enter the scholarships on Naviance (see directions in email sent on Friday). These go into the graduation program. You must have this completed by Wednesday, May 19th to ensure scholarships are in the graduation program. If you have any questions, contact your counselor.
- Juniors: Please watch a video for information on your senior service experience – selection and registration. This must be completed by Wednesday, May 19th. The video and comprehensive resource packet have been provided in an email from Fr. Roger. The video, and answers to frequently asked questions, can also be found here: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4.
- Kona Ice is coming to Roger Bacon on Wednesday, May 19th in the front circle from the beginning of Flex period to 3:00 pm.
- Cafeteria balances need to be closed out before the end of the school year. If you have questions concerning outstanding balances, please direct them to Mr. Daniel Ehler, Director of Operations Cincinnati Division at either (937) 416-2878 or email@example.com.
- Shaheen’s Uniform Store. Shop early for school uniforms at their annual summer sale to get the best prices of the year! From June 1st
to July 3rd, save 10% on all uniform purchases in-store or on-line. Visit the stores in person or go to www.shaheens.com. Use code SAVE10 at checkout. No rainchecks.
One of our seniors (Marjoni Tate) lost everything in a house fire. Thankfully, all the members of his family are safe, but the house was a total loss and the family need is great. There are a number of ways you can assist the family.
- Roger Bacon has established an account to accept monetary donations. Funds will be utilized to obtain gift cards to purchase clothes, necessities, food, etc. Donations can be made in the following manner:
- Money or checks (made payable to Roger Bacon High School) can be brought or mailed to the Business Office.
- Funds can be donated via Venmo @RogerBacon. Put “Marjoni” in the comment section.
- A GoFundMe account has been setup by a relative of the family. Donations can be made at the following link: https://gofund.me/f4492759.
Please keep Marjoni and his entire family in your prayers.
Senior Exam Schedule
- Students taking the first exam of the day should report to that location at 7:45 am.
- Monday, May 24th
7:55 – 9:20...Math
9:25 – 10:50...English
- Tuesday, May 25th
7:55 – 9:20...Social Studies
9:25 – 10:50...Science
Underclass Exam Schedule
- Students should report to the location of the first exam at 7:45 am.
- Thursday, May 27th
7:45 - 7:55...Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
8:00 - 9:30...English Exam
9:45 - 11:15...Math Exam
11:30 – 1:00...English Exam – remote students
1:05 - 2:35...Math Exam – remote students
- Friday, May 28th
7:45 - 7:55...Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
8:00 - 9:30...Science Exam
9:45 - 11:15...Social Studies Exam
11:30 - 1:00...Make-up/Conflict Exams
11:30 - 1:00...Science Exam – remote students
1:05 - 2:35...Social Studies Exam – remote students
- Tuesday, June 1st
8:00 - 9:30...Make-up exams
Roger Bacon 2021 Summer School Information
Students who fail a core course for the year will be required to make up that credit in summer school. Roger Bacon is providing online summer school for students.
- Summer school begins June 14th. Students must attend an on campus orientation session on June 14th at 9:00 am. All other work is done online.
- The cost is $200 per course. The registration fee should be brought to the Main Office. Checks may be made out to "Roger Bacon High School." Please write “Summer School” on the purpose line.
- Theology recovery credit will be offered through Schoology, taught by a Roger Bacon Theology Department member. Students must work each day, and the course must be finished by June 25th.
- All other courses will be offered through Apex, taught by online teachers. Course work must be finished before the start of the 2021-22 school year.
- A Roger Bacon Math Department member will be available for Zoom office hours each day June 14 – July 9 to assist students pursuing recovery credit in math.
- Students who need to retain their iPads over the summer in order to complete summer school must request this by contacting Mr. Zlatic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As you are making your post-graduation decisions – don’t forget to fill in your spot on the “I Decided” board! If you have received any scholarships, make sure you are listing them under the “scholarship” tab on your Naviance account. We will include this information in the graduation program.
- Continue to check the guidance website for scholarship updates, and list all scholarships you are offered in your Naviance account. Scholarships are being added every week so don’t miss out!
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
This has been a challenging year dealing with the pandemic and all it entails – thank you for your support and assistance navigating the myriad of challenges. As we close out the year, there may be events and activities which differ from the past due to restrictions and our efforts to make them as safe as possible. Again, thank you for your understanding.
Several key dates to remember:
- Senior Lock-in: Thursday, May 20th
- Last Day for Seniors: Friday, May 21
- Senior Exams: Monday/Tuesday, May 24 - 25th
- Graduation Practice: Tuesday, June 1st
- Graduation Mass / Senior Awards: Wednesday, June 2nd
- Graduation: Thursday, June 3rd
The End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet contains accompanying information as well as procedures and expectations at different events. Click here for the End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet.
We are very proud of our seniors and look forward to sharing these important events with them in the upcoming month. Thank you for your continued support of Roger Bacon, and we sincerely appreciate your help and assistance navigating these exciting times prior to graduation.
Fine Arts Department
Follow Us - rogerbaconfinearts.com
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
YouTube Channel – CLICK HERE!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, June 4th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Thursday, June 10th, at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos
Aug 12-13: Freshmen Orientation Days
Aug 13: Koinonia (Freshmen Faith & Service Day)
Aug 16-17: Faculty/Staff Professional Development
Aug 18: 1st Day of School
Sep 01: Meet the Teacher Night (Virtual)
Sep 06: No School (Labor Day)
Sep 24: Homecoming
Sep 25: Homecoming Dance
Sep 27: No School (Professional Development)
Sep 28: Financial Aid Night
Oct 04: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 06-08: Kairos
Oct 08: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 13: PSAT - Sophomore Assisi Scholars and Juniors Only
Oct 15: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 20: Student/Athlete College Information Night
Oct 22: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 24: Open House
Oct 25: No School (Professional Development)
Oct 26: Early Dismissal - Pre-ACT/Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Nov 01: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 04: Fall Band Concert
Nov 05: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov10: Veterans' Day Assembly
Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
Nov 12: No School - Professional Development
Nov 19: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov 19-21: Fall Play
Nov 20: 8th Grade HSPT
Nov 24-29: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 08: Feast of the Immaculate Conception Mass
Dec 09-10: Junior "J.O.Y." Retreat
Dec 17: Christmas Assembly / Christmas Concert
Dec 20-21: 1st Semester Exams
Dec 22 - Jan 02: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 07: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Jan 17: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
Jan 20-23: March for Life
Jan 20: Early Dismissal - Sports Stag
Jan 21: No School - Professional Development
Feb 07: No School
Feb 18: No School (Professional Development)
Feb 21: No School (Presidents' Day)
Feb 22: Early Dismissal - ACT (Juniors) IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 21: No School (Professional Development)
Apr 14-24: No School - Easter Break
Apr 18-26: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 29: No School - Prom
Apr 30: Evening for Excellence
May 23-24: Senior Exams
May 26-27: Underclass Exams
May 30: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 02: Graduation