- Regular Schedule
- Community Service Opportunity: Writing Hope (ITC during Flex)
- Varsity Baseball vs Badin @ Joyce Park
- Varsity Softball vs Badin @ Joyce Park
- Regular Schedule
- Community Service Opportunity: St. Anthony Center
- Varsity Baseball vs Carroll @ Ross Park
- Varsity Softball vs Carroll @ Vine St. Park
- Varsity Track (New Richmond Invitational) @ New Richmond
- PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in the ITC)
- Regular Schedule
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in room 20)
- Varsity Baseball vs Milford @ Ross Park
- Varsity Softball vs Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy @ Vine St. Park
- Club Girls Lacrosse vs Seven Hills
- Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
- Regular Schedule
- Varsity Baseball @ Carroll
- Varsity Softball @ Carroll
- Varsity Baseball vs Summit Country Day @ Ross Park
- Varsity Softball vs Finneytown @ Vine St. Park
- Spring Musical: Once On This Island (7:30 pm)
- Community Service Opportunity: Trash OTR
- Spring Musical: Once On This Island (2:00 pm)
- Please ensure you are registered for next school year. Scheduling begins when we return from Easter break and students who are not registered cannot be scheduled.
- Driver education classes start on April 12th. The classes will be on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 weeks. This will be the last class offered this school year. Information packets are in the main office.
- Several applications for scholarships are due on Wednesday, April 14th. Please see the Guidance Department section below for more details.
- There is a PTO meeting at 7:00 pm in the ITC on Wednesday, April 14th.
- There is an Alumni Association meeting at 6:30 pm in the ITC on Thursday, April 15th.
- Registrations for our LIVE Evening for Excellence event on Saturday, April 24th must be received by Friday, April 16th. Guests will be seated at tables of four, six, or eight – on a first come, first served basis. Please note – the number of attendees will be limited. Questions? Please contact Wanda Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Roger Bacon Drama Guild proudly presents Once On This Island, a musical! A young girl named Ti Moune is sent on a journey to find her meaning in life while guided by the gods of water, earth, death and love! The show will be presented through showtix4u.com on Saturday, April 17th at 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 18th at 2:00 pm! Streaming the show will be FREE to all with a streaming pass, available starting Sunday, April 11th. Head to our Fine Arts website for directions on how to get a pass (CLICK HERE!). These are the only two dates and times that the show will be available so mark your calendar now! Run-time is about 90 minutes with no intermission so grab a snack and settle in to watch the Roger Bacon Drama Guild from the comfort of your own home!
- The Alumni Association has arranged for a coffee truck from Grounded Coffee Transit to visit the campus of Roger Bacon on the mornings of Thursday, April 22nd and Wednesday, May 5th. The coffee truck will be parked on the plaza in front of the school until 7:45 am. Students are permitted to bring their drinks with them to first bell. Click here for a menu and prices.
- Volunteers are needed during the Evening for Excellence to help with the games and raffles. If you are interested in helping that night (Saturday, April 24th), please contact Wanda Hill at 641-1313 or email her at email@example.com.
2021/22 School Year Calendar
The calendar for the 2021/22 schoolyear has been approved. Several key dates are provided below for your planning purposes.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021: 1st Day of School
- Monday, September 6, 2021: No School (Labor Day)
- Friday, September 24, 2021: Homecoming
- Monday, September 27, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Sunday, October 24, 2021: Open House
- Monday, October 25, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Thursday, November 11, 2021: No School (Veterans’ Day)
- Friday, November 12, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- November 24 – 29, 2021: Thanksgiving Break
- December 20 – 21, 2021: 1st Semester Exams
- December 22, 2021 – January 2, 2022: Christmas Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Friday, January 21, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 7, 2022: No School
- Friday, February 18, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 21, 2022: No School (Presidents’ Day)
- Monday, March 14, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- April 14 – 24, 2022: Easter Break
- April 18 – 26, 2022: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage
- Friday, April 29, 2022: No School (Prom)
- Saturday, April 30, 2022: Evening for Excellence
- May 23 – 24, 2022: Senior Exams
- May 26 – 27, 2022: Underclass Exams
- Monday, May 30, 2022: No School (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, June 2, 2022: Graduation
Seniors: As you are making your post-graduation decisions – don’t forget to fill in your spot on the “I Decided” board! If you have received any scholarships, make sure you are listing them under the “scholarship” tab on your Naviance account. We will include this information in the graduation program.
- Contact your guidance counselor if you would like to schedule a conference (with your parents or guardians) to discuss the college application process. These can be done in-person or using Zoom if that is more convenient. We will be meeting with each of you to schedule your classes for next year when we return from Easter break, so make sure your Core Course Selection sheet and electives form have been submitted.
- The counselors will be going into your English classes later in 4th
quarter to begin working on your college essay. Now that you have used your Naviance account for the career program last week, check out all of the other resources it offers for college and career information!
- The Patrick Wolterman Memorial Scholarship is for a current junior. Applicants should submit an essay, no more than one page, addressing the following prompt: The mission statement of Roger Bacon High School reads: “Rooted in the Franciscan values of holiness and learning, self-discipline and compassion, Roger Bacon is a Catholic high school which develops the hearts, minds, and bodies of its young men and women in a caring and challenging environment.” Describe a time when you have showed compassion for others. A resume of activities should also be included with your essay. No letters of recommendation or grades are required. Please submit essay and resume to the Guidance Office by April 14, 2021.
- The RB Class of 1965 Scholarship is now open for current freshmen, sophomore and junior students. Awards for this scholarship will be based on academic achievement, school and community involvement, and financial need. A letter of recommendation is required. Applications can be downloaded from our website or found in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2021.
- The RB Class of 1952 Scholarship is now open for current freshmen and sophomore students. Awards for this scholarship will be based on academic achievement, school and community involvement, and financial need. Applications can be downloaded from our website or found in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2021.
- The RB Class of 1969 Scholarship is now open for current junior students. Award for this scholarship will be based on academic achievement, school and community involvement, and financial need. A letter of recommendation is required. Applications can be downloaded from our website or found in the guidance office. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2021.
AP Test Information
- Students will test in person May 3 - 17. These are the traditional pencil/paper tests.
- The AP Statistics test date has moved from May 13th to May 17th at 12 (noon). All other AP test dates/times remain the same
- Due to changes in AP test ordering and registration, there will be no Pre Administration. All Pre Administration items were completed in the AP Classroom. Students should double check that their name, address, contact information, etc., are all correct in AP Classroom.
- Please contact Ms. Smith with any questions!
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
Seniors: Continue to check the guidance website for scholarship updates, and list all scholarships you are offered in your Naviance account. Scholarships are being added every week so don’t miss out!
This has been a challenging year dealing with the pandemic and all it entails – thank you for your support and assistance navigating the myriad of challenges. As we close out the year, there may be events and activities which differ from the past due to restrictions and our efforts to make them as safe as possible. Again, thank you for your understanding.
Several key dates to remember:
- Service Requirements due to Outreach Office Tuesday, March 23rd
- Academic Awards Ceremony (Honors Week): Week of April 26th
- Service/Awards Ceremony (Honors Week): Week of April 26th
- Prom: Saturday, May 1st
- Senior Showcase: Sunday, May 16th
- Senior Lock-in: Thursday, May 20th
- Last Day for Seniors: Friday, May 21
- Senior Exams: Monday/Tuesday, May 24 - 25th
- Graduation Practice: Tuesday, June 1st
- Graduation Mass / Senior Awards: Wednesday, June 2nd
- Graduation: Thursday, June 3rd
The End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet contains accompanying information as well as procedures and expectations at different events. Click here for the End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet.
We are very proud of our seniors and look forward to sharing these important events with them in the upcoming month. Thank you for your continued support of Roger Bacon, and we sincerely appreciate your help and assistance navigating these exciting times prior to graduation.
Evening for Excellence
The 33rd Annual Evening for Excellence is back and in-person! Updated guidelines from the State of Ohio allow us to have a LIVE EVENT while abiding by the necessary safety protocols. Masks will be worn except while dining and we will ask patrons to respect social distancing requirements.
In order to accommodate space needed for our guests, the Silent Auction will be held online. Bidding on these items will begin at 10:00 am on Wednesday, April 22nd and will end at 4:00 pm on Saturday, April 24th. Check back for the online auction link to preview and bid on items.
Invitations are in the mail. To properly plan for a LIVE event, registrations must be received by Friday, April 16th. Guests will be seated at tables of four, six, or eight – on a first come, first served basis. Please note – the number of attendees will be limited.
Grand Raffle - $10,000 CASH PRIZE
The 2021 Grand Raffle tickets are available now. Chances are 1 for $50 or 5 for $200. All proceeds benefit the students of Roger Bacon High School. Click here to purchase tickets.
The Roger Bacon Drama Guild proudly presents Once On This Island, a musical! A young girl named Ti Moune is sent on a journey to find her meaning in life while guided by the gods of water, earth, death and love! The show will be presented through showtix4u.com on Saturday, April 17th
at 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 18th
at 2:00 pm! Streaming the show will be FREE to all with a streaming pass, available starting Sunday, April 11th. Head to our Fine Arts website for directions on how to get a pass (CLICK HERE!). These are the only two dates and times that the show will be available so mark your calendar now! Run-time is about 90 minutes with no intermission so grab a snack and settle in to watch the Roger Bacon Drama Guild from the comfort of your own home!
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Fine Arts Website – CLICK HERE!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
- The freshman and sophomore service days have been cancelled due to safety concerns and availability of service sites. We are currently exploring alternatives.
- Juniors are participating in the Tuesdays with Vincent project, connected with the Freestore Food Bank.
- Seniors: Please note see the following changes effective for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Seniors need to serve at least ten (10) hours at a non-profit organization.
- Seniors can still change their service site until March 1, 2021.
- If seniors need to change their site due to pandemics precautions, hours from the previous service site will count toward the total of the ten hours.
- Any changes in a service still require the completion of a “Change of Site Form” located on Spartanlink/Groups/Community Outreach/Topics/Seniors.
- Service hours were due by March 23, 2021.
- MobileServe must be used to log and track hours.
- Any questions may be director to Community Outreach via our email at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
Immunization Requirement for Senior Year. Senior students, if you have not received your meningococcal vaccine yet, please make an appointment with your physician. These can also be given at Kroger’s or Walgreens’ clinics. Proof of this vaccine or an updated immunization record should be turned in to the nurse’s office by the end of September. Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact our
school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, May 7th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Thursday, April 15th at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
Apr 19: Sophomore Retreat Day (Female)
Apr 20: Sophomore Retreat Day (Male)
Apr 21: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 22: Band and Choir Concert
Apr 24: Evening for Excellence
Apr 30: No School - Staff Religious In-Service
May 01: Prom
May 03-17: AP Testing
May 07: Fine Arts Festival
May 14: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football / Spring Homecoming Dance
May 16: Senior Showcase
May 19: Spring Concert
May 21: Seniors Last Day of School
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos