- NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Day
- Regular Schedule
- Varsity Wrestling vs Dayton Christian/Walnut Hills
- Regular Schedule
- Community Service Opportunity: Chemo Pax (Flex in ITC)
- Celebration of Success (7:00 pm in FAC)
- Spirit Shop Open 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Cincinnati Country Day
- Varsity Boys Bowling vs Ross @ Northwest Lanes
- Regular Schedule
- Coffee with Christ (Room 20 at 7:20 am)
- Celebration of Success (7:00 pm in FAC)
- Spirit Shop Open 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Varsity Bowling vs Badin @ Northwest Lanes
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Loveland
- Regular Schedule
- RB Spirit Dress Down Day: Junior Morality Class Project
- Varsity Boys Basketball @ Badin
- Varsity Girls Basketball vs Chaminade Julienne
- Varsity Swimming vs McNicholas @ St. Bernard
- Varsity Diving (GCL Dive Meet Championship) @ NKU
- No Activities Scheduled
- Varsity Bowling (GCL Tournament) @ Stones Lanes
- We do not have school on Monday, January 18th in celebration of Martin Luther King Day. Enjoy the 3-day weekend!
- There will be "open field" for girls lacrosse this Thursday, January 21st on the practice field from 3:30 - 4:30 pm. Any girls interested in playing should plan on coming on Thursday - bring a stick and goggles if you have them.
- Please see the Community Outreach Section below for important information regarding changes to service requirements for this year.
- Please keep track of all of the scholarship offers you receive. There is a tab in your Naviance account where you can list them. We will be including all of the scholarships you were offered in the program at graduation.
- It's time for “RB’s Got Talent!” – our annual school-wide talent show. This is a multi-round event that all starts with Round 1: Auditions. The application link was emailed to all students and is now open for submissions. The first round of auditions is by video. Your video can be of any talent. Our 4 coaches will select acts from each grade level to move on to Round 2. Group talents are allowed – no more than 4 in a group and all members must be in the same grade level – as the classes will go head-to-head in our “Battle of the Classes.” Record your talent; click the link in the email announcement; complete the form and upload your video. Audition videos are due on Friday, January 29th. See Mr. Montgomery’s email for the link or talk to him for more details.
- Students - if you are interested in helping LIVE stream home basketball games this winter, please contact Mr. Spaeth. This is a great way to see games and also be part of a student-ran club - RBSN. Service hours can be earned as well!
- We are looking for an assistant softball coach and an assistant boys volleyball coach for this spring. If you have any experience as a player and/or coach and are interested or know of someone who may be interested, please contact our Athletic Director, Mr. Steve Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are a few spots available on the March Kairos Retreat
(March 2-4, 2021). Seniors who are interested in attending should email Mrs. Romolo at email@example.com.
ACT Prep Class
Juniors: ACT Prep Class is in progress and takes place during Flex.
Students are grouped alphabetically:
Group A – Isabel Accurso through Alaina Finan
Group B – Kellen Finan through Anthony LaMarca
Group C – Jakob Lawwill through Jimmy Wu
If you are remote, you will log in to Zoom for your group’s day.
Here are reminders about a few expectations:
- ACT Prep Class is academic, and it takes priority over any other flex. If you are involved with peer tutoring, please talk to Mrs. Stevens if there are days that you will be missing tutoring due to ACT Prep Class.
- You will need to bring your red ACT book to every class.
- There will be homework assigned. Coming to class prepared (with your book and your homework complete) ensures you will get the most out of this opportunity.
Make sure you are checking the Guidance webpage for available scholarships. We are adding them every week! Under the “Academics” tab on the Roger Bacon site, click on “Guidance and Counseling” then the Scholarship link on the right. Many scholarships are available online, and others are available in the Guidance Office.
Please keep track of all of the scholarship offers you receive. There is a tab in your Naviance account where you can list them. We will be including all of the scholarships you were offered in the program at graduation.
We have a bulletin board at the bottom of the Guidance ramp near the FAC to highlight the class of 2021. Seniors can add their names as they submit college applications! See your counselor to add your name!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
- The freshman and sophomore service days have been cancelled due to safety concerns and availability of service sites. We are currently exploring alternatives.
- Juniors are participating in the Tuesdays with Vincent project, connected with the Freestore Food Bank.
- Seniors: Please note see the following changes effective for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Seniors need to serve at least ten (10) hours at a non-profit organization.
- Seniors can still change their service site until March 1, 2021.
- If seniors need to change their site due to pandemics precautions, hours from the previous service site will count toward the total of the ten hours.
- Any changes in a service still require the completion of a “Change of Site Form” located on Spartanlink/Groups/Community Outreach/Topics/Seniors.
- Service hours are still due by March 23, 2021.
- MobileServe must be used to log and track hours.
- Any questions may be director to Community Outreach via our email at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
Thanks to the 40+ students who applied or auditioned to be a part of the spring production of Once On This Island. The final Cast and Crew list has been posted on the Fine Arts website (link below). We look forward to producing this show and making it available for streaming in the spring!
Rehearsal Schedule – Week of January 18th:
Tuesday, January 19th: 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, January 21st: 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Fine Arts website – CLICK HERE!
The following are upcoming Senior Nights:
- Monday, January 25th: Girls Basketball vs McNicholas / Swimming vs Harrison
- Friday, February 5th: Boys Basketball and Cheer vs Purcell / Bowling v Alter
- Friday, February 12th: Wrestling
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
Immunization Requirement for Senior Year. Senior students, if you have not received your meningococcal vaccine yet, please make an appointment with your physician. These can also be given at Kroger’s or Walgreens’ clinics. Proof of this vaccine or an updated immunization record should be turned in to the nurse’s office by the end of September. Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact our
school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next Friday Friday Mass will be on Friday, February 5th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next scheduled meeting is Thursday, February 11th at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Inclement Weather Information
As we approach winter and our first winter storm, a review of our inclement weather notifications is in order.
When inclement weather strikes, Roger Bacon will either cancel school or institute a 2-hour delay (school starts at 9:45 am).
Roger Bacon uses the Springmyer Communications Network to notify local news TV stations of the decision to either cancel school or have a 2-hour delay. The following stations are notified:
- WLWT/TV, Channel 5
- WCPO/TV, Channel 9
- WKRC/TV, Channel 12
- WXIX/TV, Channel 19
- WSTR/TV, Channel 64
Additionally, students will receive an email from the Principal and our phone notification system (School Messenger) will be used to make a phone call home.
The decision to either cancel or delay will be made as early as possible. In case of a delay, the school cafeteria will be open at 7:00 am for those students who need to be dropped off early.
Students eligible to attend classes remotely are as follows:
- Students who have elected to be remote for the entire quarter. At the end of each quarter, these students will have the option to either return to in-person classes or remain remote.
- Students who are in quarantine. These students include those who tested positive; came in close contact with a person who tested positive, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test. These students will remain remote until the required quarantine period has been completed.
- Students with documented medical reasons. Students who have documented medical reasons (i.e., surgeries, etc.) will remain remote as long as required.
A few key details about our remote learning model for this year includes the following:
- Classes will be broadcast via Zoom so that students not able to be in the classroom can participate in the educational experience.
- Students will follow their normal class schedule and connect with the class via Zoom during normal class times. Students will not be able to set their own schedule or just complete their assignments without attending Zoom classes.
- Students will be considered present for attendance purposes if they are either physically or electronically present in class. All attendance policies, including the excessive and chronic absenteeism policy according to state guidelines, remain in effect.
- Work expectations remain the same for students participating either in-person or remotely.
- Students requiring help/assistance are responsible for initiating meetings with their teachers or other students (i.e., peer tutoring). The preferred time for this is during the daily Flex period. Students attending remotely can request meetings via Zoom during this time.
- Families need to ensure that internet connections are robust enough to handle the daily Zoom requirements and a suitable learning environment can be established and maintained at home. A suitable learning environment is one free from distractions and with a designated work station for the student. Students should not be in bed for their Zoom sessions.
In addition, please review the following expectations for student conduct during Zoom sessions:
- Students must have their full correct name as Zoom participant.
- Students must have their video on at all times.
- RB dress code must be observed from the waist up.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
If you have any questions about remote learning this year, please contact Julie Vehorn, Director of Academics, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-641-1300.
All students, faculty, and staff are required to have a face covering.
- Face coverings must be worn when inside any Roger Bacon facility or outside on campus when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- Any face covering must be a solid color. No designs, wording, or pictures are allowed outside of a RB logo and/or the student's name.
- Please ensure the face covering:
- fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- completely covers the nose and mouth
- is secured with ties or ear loops
- includes multiple layers of fabric
- allows for breathing without restriction
- can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
Important Upcoming Dates:
Jan 30: March for Life (Local)
Jan 31-Feb 05: Catholic Schools Week
Feb 01: No School - Professional Development
Feb 10: PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Feb 11: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Feb 15: No School - Presidents' Day
Feb 17: Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 23: ACT (Juniors) / Sophomore Service Day
Mar 02: College Planning Night
Mar 03: Sacrament of Reconciliation
Mar 10: 8th Grade Course Selection Night
Mar 08: No School / PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Mar 11: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Mar 18: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 19: No School - Professional Development
Mar 24: Career Day
Mar 25-28: Spring Musical
Mar 30-31: Junior "JOY" Retreat
Apr 01-11: No School - Easter Break
Apr 05-13: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 14: PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Apr 16: Shantytown
Apr 19: Sophomore Retreat Day (Female)
Apr 20: Sophomore Retreat Day (Male)
Apr 21: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 22: Band and Choir Concert
Apr 24: Evening for Excellence
Apr 27: Academic Awards Ceremony
Apr 28: Community Service Awards
Apr 30: No School - Prom / Staff Religious In-Service
May 03-14: AP Testing
May 07: Fine Arts Festival
May 14: Go Local / Michaela Farms
May 16: Senior Showcase
May 19: Spring Concert
May 21: Seniors Last Day of School
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos