- PTO Meeting in the ITC, 7pm
- "Plaza Suite" presented by Roger Bacon Drama Guild 7:30pm
- Freshmen Service Day
- "Plaza Suite" presented by Roger Bacon Drama Guild 7:30pm
- "Plaza Suite" presented by Roger Bacon Drama Guild 7:30pm
- HSPT Testing
- "Plaza Suite" presented by Roger Bacon Drama Guild 2:00pm
- Tickets for “Plaza Suite”: The Drama Guild’s production of "Plaza Suite" is almost here! Tickets are now officially available for pre-order:
- “Plaza Suite” is a hilarious, slap-stick comedy featuring one hotel room, and the crazy guests it hosts. Our production has FOUR nights - and features TWO different casts. Please join us for this laugh-out-loud play!
- "Plaza Suite" Performances:
- Thursday, Nov 16th 7:30pm (60s Cast)
- Friday, Nov 17th 7:30pm (90s Cast)
- Saturday, Nov 18th 7:30pm (60s Cast)
- Sunday, Nov 19th 2:00pm Matinee (90s Cast)
- To see full box office information, ticket prices, and to request pre-order tickets – please go to www.RogerBaconFineArts.com/drama-guild/tickets-venue
If there are specific concerns; or questions - please contact Mr. Joseph Montgomery (Music Director).
- The Roger Bacon holiday bourbon release is back again! We had another incredible opportunity to purchase a barrel of New Riff Single Barrel Bourbon.
The flavor profiles for this barrel pick came from one of the Master Distillers at New Riff Distillery. Aroma: Fresh Vanilla, Maple, Woody // Palate: Nutty, Rich Caramel, Fruity. The bottle is 750ml and will have a Spartan head etched on the back of the bottle. There will also be a custom label included in the package. Finally, the top of the bottle will be dipped in wax!
With the purchase of this $100 ticket you will get a 1/150 bottle of bourbon. Bottles can NOT be shipped. They must be picked up once they arrive to Roger Bacon. Customers will be notified when bottles arrive. They are expected to arrive in the middle of November.
- Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2025:
On Thursday, 11/9, your child received their practice ACT results. Also, they received a letter inviting them to join a free ACT prep course. While many high schools offer some type of ACT prep for their students, very few actually pay the entire cost of the prep classes for any student who wishes to take them. Roger Bacon High School and Academic Solutions strongly encourage you and your junior to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Participation in this ACT prep class is strictly voluntary, but students who register are expected to attend all classes. We do ask that if interested, you register by Tuesday, November 21 by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/Sc5e5SzGtYNy...
- If you have any questions about registering for this class, please contact Julie Vehorn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 641-1300.
- Bowling Information Meeting on Monday, 11/13, immediately after school in the cafeteria.
- Wresting will have open mats on Monday (11/13), Tuesday (11/14), Wednesday (11/15), and Thursday (11/16) with lifting on Monday and Thursday, 3-5:30pm.
- Practice officially starts on Friday, Nov. 17th.
- Pictures are Friday, Nov. 17th for the wrestling team.
- Tuesday, November 14th Jostens’ will be here to collect Senior Graduation Announcement Orders at both lunches.
- Community Outreach: Roger Bacon kicks off our annual Assist-A-Family drive on Monday, November 13th until Wednesday, December 13th.
- Knowing that our faith invites us into action, we are seeking to help struggling families preparing for Christmas. We do this in two ways:
- All monetary donations will be used to purchase Kroger gift cards so families can buy needed food.
- We are seeking new items for gifts. The wish list of most needed items can be checked here: Wish List. All monetary donations will be distributed via the Church of the Resurrection (Bond Hill) and gift items through St. Clement Food Pantry (St. Bernard). We are NOT collecting canned or boxed food at this time. May our Franciscan value of generosity shine forth as we joyfully await the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Mission trip to Jamaica is BACK!
- An informational meeting will be held during flex, Friday, November 17th in room 20. Mrs. Zinser and Mrs. Moors-Dressing will discuss the trip, the requirements to apply for a spot, and show photos to acquaint you with the service we will be providing and the people whom we will serve. The trip will take place in early June.
- Monday, November 13th Community Outreach will be leading Bacon Buddies @ St. Clement School. Bacon Buddies volunteers, who have been accepted into the project, should meet outside the main office immediately after 7th Bell.
- Tuesday November 14th Community Outreach will be leading Clifton Bingo. Students must have signed permission slips to attend. Please contact Mr. Kupiec for more details.
- Spiritual Life Student Team meeting during Flex on Wednesday, November 15th.
- Thursday mornings, spiritual life hosts Coffee with Christ at 7:20am, in the Spiritual Life Office. All are welcome! Come for prayer and fraternity. Hot chocolate provided too!
- Service Dates for Freshman:
- Friday, November 17th, Sebens - Zlatic
- Friday, December 1st, Lockhart - Schwartz
- Each service day, 1/4 of the Freshman class will be going on the service date. Outreach divides the class into 4ths, alphabetically. Please ensure that your student goes on the assigned date.
- Thursday November 16th Community Outreach will be hosting Sow Love during FLEX in the ITC. Students will make art to encourage fellow students and beautify our school. Please make your e-hall pass to “Outreach.”
- Adoration 12/6. Theology classes will attend. Looking for parents/alumni/friends/teachers to sign up to be an Adorer.
- Student Services are hosting a Virtual Financial Aid Night on November 15th at 7pm. We welcome Penny Garner from the Financial Aid office at the University of Cincinnati as our presenter.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the presentation on the 15th. We anticipate the presentation lasting about 1 hour.
- Upcoming College Visits:
- Mon Nov 13th, 2023 Grand Canyon University
- Tue Nov 14th, 2023 The University of Alabama
- Wed Nov 15th, 2023 University of Cincinnati- Gen 1 Program
- Thu Nov 16th, 2023 US Army Recruiter
- Fri Nov 17th, 2023 Thomas More University- Bishop Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship
- Tue Nov 28th, 2023 Beacon College
- Ohio Knights of Columbus are pleased to announce that, for the 2023-2024 school year, many $1,000 scholarships are available for Catholic students (grades nine through twelve) attending Catholic High Schools in Ohio. Applications available in Student Services or on the Roger Bacon Website. All applications due to Students Services by November 17th.
- Chess Club starts on Tuesday November 14th at 2:45 to 4:00 pm in the ITC. It will be every Tuesday during that time, with Chess Matches starting in January through March 5th. All are welcome! We will have a Varsity and JV teams, but you don’t have to compete in the matches. Come to learn, improve, or compete. See Ms. Callahan with any questions.
- The Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team will have two fundraising nights at the Buffalo Wings and Rings in Finneytown. On Monday, November 13th and December 11th between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm, 10% of the food sales will be donated to the Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team. Please tell your family, friends, and neighbors! Hope to see you there!
- COVID Protocols: If your student tests positive for COVID you are to quarantine for 5 days after the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms from the positive test date.
- Students sent home ill or dismissed by the nurse shall remain at home for the remainder of the school day and are not permitted to participate in any extracurricular activities for that day unless approved by an administrator.
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, December 1st.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 8, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation