- Softball "Dine to Donate" @ Buffalo Wings and Rings, Finneytown 5-8pm
- Jostens' Cap & Gown Measurements for Seniors
- Veteran’s Day Assembly/Breakfast (8:30am Fogarty)
- Alumni Association Meeting (6:30pm ITC)
- NO SCHOOL - Veterans' Day Observed
- Veterans! Student Senate would like to invite you to our Veterans Day Assembly and a light breakfast at RB on the morning of Thursday, November 9th to honor your service to our country. We will have a light breakfast starting at 8:30am with a short assembly starting at 9:00am. You are asked to arrive between 8:15 and 8:45am to check in. You can park in the back or side lot of the school and check in at the Fogarty Lobby. If you would like to attend or have any questions,
- Please call 513-641-1313 and ask for Liz Farmer.
- Please note: This is open to ALL veterans – including veterans not from Roger Bacon or OLA!
- The Roger Bacon holiday bourbon release is back again! We had another incredible opportunity to purchase a barrel of New Riff Single Barrel Bourbon.
The flavor profiles for this barrel pick came from one of the Master Distillers at New Riff Distillery. Aroma: Fresh Vanilla, Maple, Woody // Palate: Nutty, Rich Caramel, Fruity. The bottle is 750ml and will have a Spartan head etched on the back of the bottle. There will also be a custom label included in the package. Finally, the top of the bottle will be dipped in wax!
With the purchase of this $100 ticket you will get a 1/150 bottle of bourbon. Bottles can NOT be shipped. They must be picked up once they arrive to Roger Bacon. Customers will be notified when bottles arrive. They are expected to arrive in the middle of November.
- Spartan Leaders: We have an RB Huddle on November 8th in the cafeteria during flex! Join us for games and conversations about faith!
- Tuesday, November 7th Jostens’ will be here to get Cap and Gown measurements from all seniors and pass out Graduation Announcement order forms.
- Tuesday, November 14th Jostens’ will be here to collect Senior Graduation Announcement Orders at both lunches.
- Thursday mornings, spiritual life hosts Coffee with Christ at 7:20am, in the Spiritual Life Office. All are welcome! Come for prayer and fraternity. Hot chocolate provided too!
- Wrestling: Open mats on Tuesday (11/7), Wednesday (11/8), & Friday (11/10), 3-5:30pm.
- Tickets for “Plaza Suite”
The Drama Guild’s production of "Plaza Suite" is almost here! Tickets are now officially available for pre-order.
“Plaza Suite” is a hilarious, slap-stick comedy featuring one hotel room, and the crazy guests it hosts. Our production has FOUR nights - and features TWO different casts. Please join us for this laugh-out-loud play!
- "Plaza Suite" Performances
- Thursday, Nov 16th 7:30pm (60s Cast)
- Friday, Nov 17th 7:30pm (90s Cast)
- Saturday, Nov 18th 7:30pm (60s Cast)
- Sunday, Nov 19th 2:00pm Matinee (90s Cast)
- Student Services
- Upcoming College Visits
- Mon Nov 6th: Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science
- Mon Nov 6th: Mount Saint Joseph University
- Tue Nov 7th: Capital University
- Wed Nov 8th: Wright State University
- Mon Nov 13th: Grand Canyon University
- Tue Nov 14th: The University of Alabama
- Wed Nov 15th: University of Cincinnati- Gen 1 Program
- Thu Nov 16th: US Army Recruiter
- Fri Nov 17th: Thomas More University- Bishop Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship
- Tue Nov 28th: Beacon College
- Tue Nov 28th: Beacon College Save the Date! Due to major changes to the FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid), we have moved our virtual Financial Aid Night to November 15th at 7pm. This presentation is primarily for seniors and their parents/guardians. Registrations details will be sent closer to the date.
- Ohio Knights of Columbus are pleased to announce that, for the 2023-2024 school year, many $1,000 scholarships are available for Catholic students (grades nine through twelve) attending Catholic High Schools in Ohio. Applications available in Student Services or on the Roger Bacon Website. All applications due to Students Services by November 17th.
- Chess Club starts on Tuesday November 7th at 2:45 to 4:00 pm in the ITC. It will be every Tuesday during that time, with Chess Matches starting in January through March 5th. All are welcome! We will have a Varsity and JV teams, but you don’t have to compete in the matches. Come to learn, improve, or compete. See Ms. Callahan with any questions.
- Roger Bacon Softball will be having a Dine to Donate night at Buffalo Wings and Rings in Finneytown on Monday, November 6th. The event will go from 5-8PM. 10% of food sales, dine-in or carryout, will be donated to the Roger Bacon Softball Program. Please come put and support!
- The Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team will have two fundraising nights at the Buffalo Wings and Rings in Finneytown. On Monday, November 13th and December 11th between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm, 10% of the food sales will be donated to the Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team. Please tell your family, friends, and neighbors! Hope to see you there!
- COVID Protocols: If your student tests positive for COVID you are to quarantine for 5 days after the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms from the positive test date.
- Students sent home ill or dismissed by the nurse shall remain at home for the remainder of the school day and are not permitted to participate in any extracurricular activities for that day unless approved by an administrator.
- Service Dates for Freshman:
Each service day, 1/4 of the Freshman class will be going on the service date. Outreach divides the class into 4ths, alphabetically. Please ensure that your student goes on the assigned date.
- Friday, November 17th, Sebens - Zlatic
- Friday, December 1st, Lockhart - Schwartz
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at email@example.com or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly/Breakfast (8:30am Fogarty)/ Alumni Association Meeting (6:30pm ITC)
Nov 10: No School - Veterans’ Day Observed
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 7, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation