- Volleyball @ St. Ursula Academy 6:30pm
- Volleyball @ CHCA 6:30pm
- PTO Meeting in the ITC 7pm
- Volleyball @ RBHS vs. Mercy McAuley (Senior Night) 6:30pm
- Boys Soccer vs. McNicholas HS @ The Bron (Senior Night) 6:45pm
- Alumni Association Meeting in the ITC 6:30pm
- End of the 1st Quarter
- Boys Golf State Championships- Allister Fike's '27 First Round
- Football @ Purcell Marian High School 7pm
- Cross Country @ Iggy 5k, St. Ignatius School 5:30pm
- Boys Soccer vs. Indian Hill HS @ The Bron 2:45pm
- Chess Club: Informational meeting being held on Monday, October 9th, during Flex. Please see Ms. Callahan with any questions.
- Congratulations to Mina Mader and Ja'Leah Spencer-Williams on being elected French Club President and Vice-President.
- Iggy 5K: Students looking for service hours have an opportunity to volunteer at the cross-country meet, hosted by St. Ignatius. The event is slated for Saturday, October 14th at 5:30 on the campus of St. Ignatius. Below is the link to the signup.
- The first French Club event of the year will be on Wednesday, October 18th after school from 2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room 37. Mme Meyer asks you to RSVP via email by Friday, October 13th.
- Reminder: Please do not turn left out of the circle after dropping students off in the morning. This causes a traffic jam!
- Art Club next Wednesday, October 11th. We will be finishing up the decorations for Homecoming.
- October 13th is the end of the 1stquarter.
- Picture Retake Day is October 25th 9:30: Please see Ms. Krebs's email this week.
- St. Vincent de Paul: Thank you to everyone who donated to the SVDP Drive. What a wonderful way to celebrate the Feast of St. Francis! All donations will go to the Becky and Ted Catino Choice Food Pantry in the West End, where juniors from Roger Bacon volunteer every Tuesday. This is also one of the service sites for our Freshman Service Days.
- Student Services:
- Upcoming College Visits-
- Mon Oct 9th: US Marine Corp
- Tue Oct 10th: Savannah College of Art and Design
- Wed Oct 11th: The Ohio State University
- Thu Oct 12th: Xavier University
- Fri Oct 13th: Spelman College
- Tue Oct 17th: Loyola University Chicago
- Wed Oct 18th: Otterbein University
- Thu Oct 19th: Cleveland State University
- Save the Date! Due to major changes to the FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid), we have moved our virtual Financial Aid Night to November 15th at 7pm. This presentation is primarily for seniors and their parents/guardians. Registrations details will be sent closer to the date.
- Our next Grief and Loss Group will be next Thursday, October 12 at 9:30 am. If you are interested in learning more about the group and have not attended previously, please see your counselor or feel free to join the group next week. There is a consent form that must be completed by a parent or guardian of any student joining the group that can be found here: https://form.jotform.com/221664327474156
- Homecoming Dance will take place Saturday, October 21st from 8:30-11:00 pm in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. The theme is “Hollywood on Vine.” Tickets will be sold at lunch on Tuesday through Thursday of homecoming week (Oct. 17-19) for $10/person or $15/couple. Guest are permitted with a signed guest form at the time of ticket purchase. Any questions, contact Mr. Smith!
- Football and Cheer senior nights will be held on Friday, 10/20.
- Senate is looking for 5 more volunteers with convertibles/open top cars to drive the Homecoming Court for the parade on October 20th.
- Any club or team who wants to be in the parade should contact Ms. Krebs! The parade will start at 5 pm and last 45min-1 hour, driving through St. Bernard and ending at the rear of Roger Bacon. We ask that you arrive at 4:30 pm to line up in the front of the RB circle. Please contact Ms. Kelly Krebs (email@example.com) if you can help!
- Open House: Sunday, October 29th 1-4pm.
- COVID Protocols: If your student tests positive for COVID you are to quarantine for 5 days after the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms from the positive test date.
- Service Dates for Freshman:
Each service day, 1/4 of the Freshman class will be going on the service date. Outreach divides the class into 4ths, alphabetically. Please ensure that your student goes on the assigned date.
- Friday, November 3rd, Lockhart - Schwartz
- Friday, November 17th, Sebens - Zlatic
- Roger Bacon is partnering with Hoxworth for their fall blood drive on October 18th in the Fogarty center. Students 16 and older can donate blood with parental permission. Students 17 and older are eligible to donate without parental permission. Sign-ups will start the last week of September.
- Coffee with Christ, for students, in the Spiritual Life Office every Thursday, 7:20am. All are welcome!
- Flex Masses for Team Sports Fall Season
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, October 10th
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at email@example.com or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Oct 10: PTO Meeting
Oct 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Oct 13: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 16: No School - Professional Development
Oct 18: Blood Drive
Oct 20: Homecoming
Oct 21: Homecoming Dance
Oct 27: Dismissal at 12:00 - Pre-ACT/ Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Oct 29: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 30: No School
Nov 1: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 3: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly / Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Nov 10: No School - Veterans’ Day Observed
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 7, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation