- Volleyball vs. Lakota West @ RBHS 6:30pm
- PSAT-Testing-Assisi Juniors and Sophomores
- Cross Country @ CHCA Invite-Voice of America 5:30pm
- Boys Golf (Allister Fike)- District Championship @ Heatherwoode GC
- Tennis Sectionals @ Mason HS 9am
- Mass-Feast of St. Francis/Festival Day
- Volleyball @ Bishop Fenwick HS 6:30pm
- Girls Soccer @ Mercy McAuley HS 5:45pm
- Volleyball vs. Norwood @ RBHS 6:30pm
- Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
- State March for Life
- First Friday Mass
- Football @ CHCA 7pm
- Girls Soccer @ Indian Hill HS 12pm
- Softball Team: meeting for those interested in playing softball for the Spartans during Flex on Monday, 10/2 in the Fogarty. If you cannot attend or have any questions, please see Coach Cole in Room 30.
- Please join Community Outreach on Tuesday October 3rd during FLEX for Care Pax. Students will create artwork to encourage patients with health challenges. Please note that we have a location change and will meet in the cafeteria for this day only.
- Reminder: Please do not turn left out of the circle after dropping students off in the morning. This causes a traffic jam!
- Open House yard signs are available for pick-up in the Admissions Office. Please see Mr. Rickenbaugh with any questions.
- Wednesday 10/4, we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Feast of St. Francis, October 4th, with liturgy and fun activities, provided by the Spiritual Life Office Student Team! Lunch will be provided, hamburgers and hot dogs. We will spend a good portion of the day at the stadium! There will be an early dismissal at 2pm. Afterschool study table hours will remain the same.
- Class colors to be worn that day:
- Freshmen: Black
- SVDP is sponsoring an opportunity to help feed your neighbors in need. Bring donations to flex on Monday 10/2-Wednesday 10/4. Bring in 5 items and get a chance to dunk a teacher, in the dunk booth, at our St. Francis Celebration!
- Most needed items include: cereal, canned protein, canned fruit, ready to eat meals, beans, chunky soup, cooking oil, spices, and coffee/juice/tea. Thanks for helping your neighbors in need!
- Friday 10/6, a number of students and faculty will drive up to Columbus, Ohio, to participate in the Ohio March for Life. Please pray for their efforts to raise awareness and actively participate in standing for the unborn and dignity of all life!
- In addition to the Life March, FRESHMEN will engage in community service during the Freshman Service Day, whereby students will give back to the community in Over the Rhine, engage in community, and reflect on faith in action. Please pray for their work in being peacekeepers!
- Homecoming Dance will take place Saturday, October 21st from 8:30-11:00 pm in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. The theme is “Hollywood on Vine.” Tickets will be sold at lunch on Tuesday through Thursday of homecoming week (Oct. 17-19) for $10/person or $15/couple. Guest are permitted with a signed guest form at the time of ticket purchase. Any questions, contact Mr. Smith!
- Football and Cheer senior nights will be held on Friday, 10/20.
- Senate is looking for convertibles or open top cars to have our homecoming court ride through the parade in style. If you are willing and able, we would love to have some volunteers to drive the homecoming court at the front of the parade on October 20th. It will start at 5 pm and last 45min-1 hour, driving through St. Bernard and ending at the rear of Roger Bacon. We ask that you arrive at 4:30 pm to line up in the front of the RB circle. Please contact Ms. Kelly Krebs (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help!
- Chess Club informational meeting: Monday, October 8th during flex in the ITC. Please see Ms. Callahan with any questions.
- Open House: Sunday, October 29th 1-4pm.
- COVID Protocols: If your student tests positive for COVID you are to quarantine for 5 days after the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms from the positive test date.
- Service Dates for Freshman:
Each service day, 1/4 of the Freshman class will be going on the service date. Outreach divides the class into 4ths, alphabetically. Please ensure that your student goes on the assigned date.
- Friday, October 6th, Fredette - LaCalameto
- Friday, November 3rd, Lockhart - Schwartz
- Friday, November 17th, Sebens - Zlatic
- Roger Bacon is partnering with Hoxworth for their fall blood drive on October 18th in the Fogarty center. Students 16 and older can donate blood with parental permission. Students 17 and older are eligible to donate without parental permission. Sign-ups will start the last week of September.
- Coffee with Christ, for students, in the Spiritual Life Office every Thursday, 7:20am. All are welcome!
- October 13th is the end of the first quarter.
- Student Services:
- Upcoming College Visits-
- Oct 2nd, 2023 Thomas More University
- Oct 3rd, 2023 University of Cincinnati (Main Campus)
- Oct 5th, 2023 Marian University
- Oct 6th, 2023 Wittenberg University
- Oct 9th, 2023 US Marine Corp
- Oct 10th, 2023 Savannah College of Art and Design
- Oct 11th, 2023 The Ohio State University
- Oct 12th, 2023 Xavier University
- Oct 13th, 2023 Spelman College
- Save the Date! Due to major changes to the FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid), we have moved our virtual Financial Aid Night to November 15th at 7pm. This presentation is primarily for seniors and their parents/guardians. Registrations details will be sent closer to the date.
- NACAC National College Fair – Cincinnati- Sunday, October 22, 2023 from 1pm - 4pm at Duke Energy Center – register in advance here: https://www.nacacattend.org/23Cincinnati
- Flex Masses for Team Sports Fall Season
-Oct 10th Girls Soccer
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, October 10th
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Oct 4: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 6: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC) / Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Oct 10: PTO Meeting
Oct 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Oct 13: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 16: No School - Professional Development
Oct 18: Blood Drive
Oct 20: Homecoming
Oct 21: Homecoming Dance
Oct 27: Dismissal at 12:00 - Pre-ACT/ Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Oct 29: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 30: No School
Nov 1: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 3: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly / Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Nov 10: No School - Veterans’ Day Observed
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 7, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation