- Boys Golf vs CHCA @ The Mill Golf Course 4pm
- Girls Soccer @ Bishop Fenwick HS 7pm
- Tennis vs. CHCA @ Ross Park 4pm
- Volleyball vs. Purcell Marian @ RBHS 6:30pm
- Boys Soccer @ Bethel Tate HS 7pm
- Girls Tennis vs. Norwood HS @ Ross Park 4pm
- Girls Golf vs. Badin @ Tri-County Golf Ranch 4:15pm
- Girls Soccer vs. Newport Central Catholic HS @ The Bron 7pm
- Boys Golf Sectional Tournament @ The Mill GC 8:30am
- Volleyball @ Cincinnati Country Day HS 6pm
- Ralph Luebbe Amphitheatre dedication/blessing ceremony
- Football vs. Summit Country Day @ The Bron 7pm
- Swim Team: meeting for those interested in swimming for the Spartans during Flex on Monday, 9/25 in Fogarty.
- Softball Team: meeting for those interested in playing softball for the Spartans during Flex on Monday, 10/2 in the Fogarty. If you cannot attend or have any questions, please see Coach Cole in Room 30.
- Mock Trial: Informational meeting after school Wednesday 9/27 in room 31. If you are interested in joining the Mock Trial Club, and are unable to make the meeting, please contact Mrs. Heidel for more details.
- St. Bernard Safety Day is being held on Saturday, 9/23 at Lower Ross Park from 9:30am-12:30pm. Safety and rescue vehicles will be on display, along with a burn simulation and more. Hot dogs, chips, and water are provided. Bring the family down and check out this event!
- Roger Bacon SVDP is collecting non-perishable food at the Friday, Sept. 29 football game vs. Summit Country Day. Every 5 items donated earns a raffle ticket for gift cards to Graeter’s, Starbucks, or Chipotle. Most needed items include cereal, canned protein, canned fruit, ready to eat meals, beans, chunky soup, cooking oil, spices, and coffee/tea/juice.
- Reminder from faculty: Students, please carry your student ID cards, everyday!
- Open House yard signs are available for pick-up in the Admissions Office. Please see Mr. Rickenbaugh with any questions.
- The Ralph Luebbe Amphitheater dedication/ceremony will be held on Friday, 9/29 at 2pm. All seniors will be in attendance.
- St. Francis Feast-ival will be held on Wednesday, 10/4. Students will report to school at the normal arrival time. There will be a school-wide mass to begin the day. Students will then travel to Bron Bacevich Stadium. The celebration of St. Francis Feast Day will be in the form of a "festival" atmosphere. Lunch will be provided by staff and administration. Activities are planned throughout the day. There will be an early dismissal at 2pm. Afterschool study table hours will remain the same.
- Homecoming Dance will take place Saturday, October 21st from 8:30-11:00 pm in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. The theme is “Hollywood on Vine.” Tickets will be sold at lunch on Tuesday through Thursday of homecoming week (Oct. 17-19) for $10/person or $15/couple. Guest are permitted with a signed guest form at the time of ticket purchase. Any questions, contact Mr. Smith!
- Football and Cheer senior nights will be held on Friday, 10/20.
- Senate is looking for convertibles or open top cars to have our homecoming court ride through the parade in style. If you are willing and able, we would love to have some volunteers to drive the homecoming court at the front of the parade on October 20th. It will start at 5 pm and last 45min-1 hour, driving through St. Bernard and ending at the rear of Roger Bacon. We ask that you arrive at 4:30 pm to line up in the front of the RB circle. Please contact Ms. Kelly Krebs (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help!
- COVID Protocols: If your student tests positive for COVID you are to quarantine for 5 days after the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms from the positive test date.
- Service Dates for Freshman:
Each service day, 1/4 of the Freshman class will be going on the service date. Outreach divides the class into 4ths, alphabetically. Please ensure that your student goes on the assigned date.
- Friday, October 6th, Fredette - LaCalameto
- Friday, November 3rd, Lockhart - Schwartz
- Friday, November 17th, Sebens - Zlatic
- Roger Bacon is partnering with Hoxworth for their fall blood drive on October 18th in the Fogarty center. Students 16 and older can donate blood with parental permission. Students 17 and older are eligible to donate without parental permission. Sign-ups will start the last week of September.
- Carpool: The Carpool page on our website looks to connect parents and students interesting in setting up carpools from their respective neighborhoods. If you are interested in adding your student to the list, please go to this link on our webpage. https://www.rogerbacon.org/students-parents/carpooling
- Coffee with Christ, for students, in the Spiritual Life Office every Thursday, 7:20am. All are welcome!
- October 13th is the end of the first quarter.
- Student Services:
- Save the Date! Due to major changes to the FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid), we have moved our virtual Financial Aid Night to November 15th at 7pm. This presentation is primarily for seniors and their parents/guardians. Registrations details will be sent closer to the date.
- Upcoming College Visits to Roger Bacon- students register on Scoir and all visits take place during flex:
- Sep 26 Bellarmine University
- Sep 27 University of Akron
- Sep 28 Ohio University
- Sep 29 Good Samaritan College of Nursing
- Flex Masses for Team Sports Fall Season
-Sept 27th Cross Country and Cheer
-Oct 10th Girls Soccer
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, October 10th
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept 25-27: Kairos
Oct 4: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 6: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC) / Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Oct 10: PTO Meeting
Oct 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Oct 13: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 16: No School - Professional Development
Oct 18: Blood Drive
Oct 20: Homecoming
Oct 21: Homecoming Dance
Oct 27: Dismissal at 12:00 - Pre-ACT/ Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Oct 29: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 30: No School
Nov 1: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 3: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly / Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Nov 10: No School - Veterans’ Day Observed
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 7, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation