- Picture Day- All grades
- Girls Volleyball @ McNicholas High School 6:30pm
- Girls Tennis @ Mercy McAuley (LaSalle High School) 4pm
- Girls Volleyball vs Norwood High School @ RBHS 6:30pm
- Boys Golf vs. Cincinnati Christian @ Walden Ponds GC 3:45pm
- Girls Tennis @ Seven Hills High School 4pm
- Meet The Teacher Night 6:30pm
- Girls Golf vs. Mercy McAuley @ Meadowlinks Golf Course
- Boys Golf MVC Tournament @ Glenview 8am
- Girls Volleyball vs. CHCA @ RBHS 6:30pm
- Boys Soccer @ Cincinnati Country Day 5pm
- Girls Soccer @ Cincinnati Country Day 7pm
- Girls Tennis vs. Norwood @ Ross Park 4pm
- NO SCHOOL- Professional Development
- Football @ McNicholas High School 7pm
- Girls Volleyball @ Wyoming High School 12pm
- Boys Soccer @ Wyoming High School 3pm
- Girls Soccer @ Villa Madonna High School 11am
- Picture Day- Monday, 9/11 for all grades. Students- see Ms. Kreb's email on dress code expectations.
- "Meet the Teacher Night" is scheduled for Wednesday 9/13, 6:30pm in the FAC.
- Intervention Specialists will host an informational meeting on September 13th from 6-6:30pm (just prior to Meet the Teacher Night), for parents/guardians of students who receive services from an Intervention Specialist. Please join us on the 13th in the ITC at 6pm!
- Baseball team informational meeting during flex on Tuesday, September 12th in the Fogarty.
- Spanish Club informational meeting during flex on Monday, Sept. 18th in the ITC.
- Wrestling team informational meeting during flex on Friday, Sept. 22nd in the ITC.
- There will be an informational meeting for the Roger Bacon Europe trip that will take place on September 20th at 7:00 pm in the FAC. This trip will take place in June of 2025. Please contact Mr. Blanton with any questions.
- REMINDER: Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Roger Bacon is partnering with Hoxworth for their fall blood drive on October 18th in the Fogarty center. Students 16 and older can donate blood with parental permission. Students 17 and older are eligible to donate without parental permission. Sign ups will start the last week of September.
- Carpool: The Carpool page on our website looks to connect parents and students interesting in setting up carpools from their respective neighborhoods. If you are interested in adding your student to the list, please go to this link on our webpage. https://www.rogerbacon.org/students-parents/carpooling
- Coffee with Christ, for students, in the Spiritual Life Office every Thursday, 7:20am. All are welcome!
Our first meeting of the year is Thursday, Sept. 14, during Flex. All students are welcome to join SVDP plan our first food drive of the school year. For more information, contact Ms. Vehorn at email@example.com.
- Student Services:
- On Sept 11thall students will complete a needs assessment in Flex. The school counselors are hoping to gain valuable insights from what the students share and will use this information in our planning for the remainder of the year.
- Our Companions on a Journey Grief & Loss group begins on September 14th! It will run the 2nd Thursday of every month from 9:30am-10:15am. Parents/guardians need to complete a brief consent form here: https://form.jotform.com/22166432747415
- Save the Date! Due to major changes to the FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid), we have moved our virtual Financial Aid Night to November 15th at 7pm. This presentation is primarily for seniors and their parents/guardians. Registrations details will be sent closer to the date.
- Upcoming College Visits to Roger Bacon- students register on Scoir and all visits take place during flex:
- Sep 11th Bowling Green State University (Main Campus)
- Sep 12th Ohio Dominican University
- Sep 13th Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- Sep 14th Miami University (Oxford)
- Sep 18th Ohio Christian University
- Sep 19th The University of Tennessee (Knoxville)
- Sep 20th University of Dayton
- Sep 21st Ohio Northern University
- Sep 22nd University of Louisville
- Flex Masses for Team Sports Fall Season
-Sept 18th Girls Volleyball
-Sept 27th Cross Country and Cheer
-Oct 10th Girls Soccer
- Mark your calendars for the PTO meetings this school year:
- Tuesday, September 12th
- Tuesday, October 10th
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Wednesday, January 10th
- Tuesday, February 13th
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Wednesday, April 10th
- Wednesday, May 1st
Senior Service Experience
Class of 2024 (rising juniors) need to understand the requirements and expectations for their senior service experience. It may seem overwhelming. Community Outreach has created video to help educate and inform you of importance aspects of the Senior Service Experience. Start by watching the YouTube video that walks you through many details, from ideas to registration: https://youtu.be/Nq_6RYL55a4. Then, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” sheet to provide quick answers to typical questions. Everything you need is located in the 2023-2024 Senior Service Packet.
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at email@example.com or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept 11: Picture Day
Sept 12: PTO Meeting
Sept 13: Meet the Teacher Night
Sept 15: No School - Professional Development
Sept 18: Sophomore Boys Retreat
Sept 19: Sophomore Girls Retreat
Sept 20: Freshmen Grandparents Day
Sept 22: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Sept 25-27: Kairos
Oct 4: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 6: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC) / Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Oct 10: PTO Meeting
Oct 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Oct 13: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 16: No School - Professional Development
Oct 18: Blood Drive
Oct 20: Homecoming
Oct 21: Homecoming Dance
Oct 27: Dismissal at 12:00 - Pre-ACT/ Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Oct 29: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 30: No School
Nov 1: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 3: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly / Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
Nov 10: No School - Veterans’ Day Observed
Nov 14: PTO Meeting
Nov 16-19: Fall Play
Nov 17: Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Nov 18: HSPT Testing
Nov 22-27: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 1: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the FAC)
Dec 7-8: J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 18-19: First semester exams
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2024: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 10: PTO Meeting
Jan 15, 2024: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2024: No School - Professional Development / Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19, 2024: No School
Jan 25, 2024: Science Fair
Feb 12, 2024: No School - Professional Development
Feb 13, 2024: PTO Meeting
Feb 19, 2024: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 27, 2024: Early Dismissal (12:00 pm) - ACT (Juniors) / IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 11, 2024: No School
Mar 12, 2024: PTO Meeting
Mar 19, 2024: Career Day
Mar 27, 2024: No School – Staff Religious In-Service Day
Mar 27 - April 7, 2024: No School - Easter Break
Apr 1-8, 2024: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 1-9, 2024: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 10, 2024: PTO Meeting
Apr 13, 2024: Evening For Excellence
Apr 26, 2024: No School - PROM
Apr 29, 2024: No School - Professional Development
May 1, 2024: PTO Meeting
May 3, 2024: Fine Arts Festival
May 6-17, 2024: AP Testing
May 20-21, 2024: Senior Exams
May 22, 2024: Senior Make-up Exams / Senior Lock-In (evening)
May 23, 2024: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 24, 2024: Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27, 2024: No School - Memorial Day
May 28, 2024: Underclass Exams
May 29, 2024: Underclass Exams / Graduation Practice
May 30, 2024: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 31, 2024: Graduation