- Regular Schedule
- Community Outreach: Bacon Buddies
- Varsity Girls Bowling vs St. Ursula @ Stones Lanes
- Regular Schedule
- Community Outreach Project: Tuesdays with Vincent
- Talent Show Auditions (FAC after dismissal)
- Varsity Boys Basketball @ Purcell
- Varsity Swimming vs Winton Woods @ St. Bernard
- Regular Schedule
- Community Outreach Project: Sow Love (ITC during Flex)
- College Credit Plus Information Session (Virtual)
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Cincinnati Country Day
- Regular Schedule
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in the Spiritual Life Office)
- Varsity Bowling vs Norwood @ Stones Lanes
- Science Fair (6:00 pm in the Fogarty Center)
- Regular Schedule
- Mock Trials (Districts)
- Varsity Boys Basketball @ Clark Montessori
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs Wyoming
- Varsity Swimming vs Badin @ Fitton Family YMCA
- Catholic Schools Week Begins
- Senior Parents: Please check your email for an important message regarding the 2022-2023 yearbook. Please email email@example.com by February 10th with your response, or if you have any questions. Thank you!
- Now that many seniors have received their college acceptances, it’s time to start getting scholarships to pay for college! There are several scholarships already listed on the guidance website (under the “Academics” tab) – check it out regularly to see all of the updates. Scholarship updates can also be found on our twitter account @RBGuidance.
- Kenzie's Closet is nonprofit organization that provides prom dresses and accessories to high school students at no cost to those who are in current financial or personal need. Please see Ms. Smith in the Guidance Office for more information about receiving prom dress assistance. Also, Kenzie's Closet is looking for high school volunteers to assist with boutique activities. High school volunteers are needed to help with stocking of dresses and helping with our shoe room and jewelry counter as well as providing valuable peer feedback and support.
- The Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team will have two fundraising nights at the Buffalo Wings and Rings in Finneytown (Winton Road at the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway). On Thursday, January 26th and Monday, February 20th between 5:00 and 8:00 pm, 10% of the food sales will be donated to the Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team. Please tell your family, friends, and neighbors! Hope to see you there!
- Saint Vincent de Paul is having a drive for
personal care items and cleaning supplies from January 30th - Febuary 3rd.
The flex room from each grade level with the most donations will win a dress
- Catholic Schools Week starts on Sunday, January 29th and runs through Saturday, February 3rd.
- Registration for returning students for the 2023-24 school year will be coming out in February.
- The College Credit Plus (CCP) program has been established to enhance students’ college and career readiness and postsecondary success by enabling college-ready, 7-12 grade students who qualify for college admission to take college-level courses for which they earn both high school and transcripted college credit upon successful completion of coursework. CCP at the University of Cincinnati will host two virtual information sessions for the Summer and Fall 2023 CCP application cycle.
- Non-Public and Homeschool Students & Families: Wednesday, January 25th, 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Register HERE.
- Public School Students & Families: Wednesday, February 8th, 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Register HERE.
- Learn more about the CCP Admission Requirements
Director of Spiritual Life
We want to invite our community to participate in a beautiful Catholic tradition on Monday, January 30th, at Roger Bacon. We will be offering adoration from 8:00 am – 2:30 pm in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. We hope to have parents and alumni volunteer to sit with Jesus during one-hour increments of time throughout the day. Below is a link to a sign up for a time slot. If you are interested in coming to pray with the Roger Bacon community in front of the Blessed Sacrament, please feel free to sign-up. We pray this Christmas season and New Year are filled with many blessings!
Catholic Schools Week
Catholic Schools Week will take place from January 29th – February 5th. God Squad has been busy planning various activities for students to take advantage of during that week, including all school liturgy on February 1st. Students will be given a “passport” card at the beginning of the week to use as they participate in various activities, receiving a stamp for participation. Anyone who participates in 8 or more activities will receive a special breakfast at a later date. This is a great way for kids to engage in the great spiritual activities that help make our Franciscan Catholic school such a faith-filled and blessed place!
RB's Got Talent
Our talent show competition returns! It starts with an open round of auditions, and continues with a full performance show night where the audience will vote to move the top acts to the finale. It all concludes with a school assembly where the finalists perform and the students vote for a winner.
Auditions are on Tuesday, January 24th after school in the FAC. Any
student with any act can audition. Everyone has a talent – what’s yours? Can you juggle, can you dance? Can you ride a unicycle, or perform magic? Can you sing, play an instrument, or jump rope? We know that unique talent is out there - so sign up to audition for “RB’s Got Talent!” The sign-up sheet is posted outside room 56, and the deadline to sign up is Monday, January 23rd. The round is open for anyone to watch, so come and cheer on your favorite acts. Don’t miss this year’s “RB’s Got Talent!”
- Round 1 Auditions: Tuesday, January 24th after school in the FAC
- Round 2 Show Night: Thursday, February 2nd at 7:30 pm in the FAC
- Round 3 Finale: Friday, February 17th (school assembly)
- Is the winter weather making you wish for summer? Check out the Guidance website for our 2023-2024 Summer Programming list. This list will be updated regularly as we receive information about programs for this summer. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/summer-programs
- Anthony Munoz Foundation Scholarship/AMF NKU Scholarship.
Developed through Anthony and his family’s passion to help deserving students reach their dreams of attending a local college or university, the Foundation’s Scholarship Fund awards multiple $20,000 scholarships to select Tri-State high school seniors.
Scholarship Fund Information:
Applications for the 2023 Scholarship will be accepted through May 1, 2023.
- Application Process
- Students must apply for the Scholarship Fund
- Eligibility Requirements
- Any high school senior attending a high school within AMF’s Area of Impact
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 OR a minimum composite ACT score of 18
- Students must have freshman standing by the fall of 2023 to an Eligible Tri-State College/University or NKU.
- Students must demonstrate a desire and intent to overcome adversity, financial need, high academic standing and a leadership role in the community
- Check for updates on Naviance and register to meet with these College Admissions Representatives. Fall is a great time to visit colleges in person. Seniors have THREE college visit days they can use – remember to get the form signed and turned in to Mr. McCoy one week in advance of your visit.
- Follow the counselors on twitter at @RBGuidance for updates!
Evening for Excellence
The Evening for Excellence (EFE) is Roger Bacon’s primary fundraiser and will be held this year on April 22nd. In order to have a successful EFE, we are in need of items for our silent and live auctions. If you have items you received for Christmas that you don’t want or think you will use, send them in to us for the EFE. If you liked all your gifts but can donate items to fill baskets or offer as single auction items, please help us.
We are hoping to offer auction items in these categories: Sports – Wine and Spirits – Kitchen – Holidays – Home and Garden – Art – Jewelry – Special Events (tickets to plays, sporting events, movie theaters, etc.). Single items, such as small appliances, make great auction items. Gift cards, cash donations (used to buy items to complete a package), and Roger Bacon items are most welcome.
Please know that all donations, large or small, are very appreciated.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards Program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
The Sophomore Service Day happens in the second semester. The entire sophomore class participate in service on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Details and sign up will occur the latter part of first semester. Students will receive details via email and theology classes. More information will roll out November of 2022.
Tuesdays with Vincent
- Throughout this year, each junior will service once at the Saint Vincent de Paul near Over-the-Rhine as a pantry escort. They will accompany neighbors in food selection through social interaction. Like Saint Francis of Assisi, this opportunity allows students to reach out and embrace the “lepers” of today – the homeless, the hungry, the struggling. We call this program “Tuesdays with Vincent.”
- Juniors are responsible for signing up for the day they desire that fits their schedule and transportation needs. Any question may be directed to Mr. Zlatic at PZlatic@RogerBacon.org
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Inclement Weather Instructions
As we approach possible inclement weather, the procedures we follow to notify our school community that we have either canceled or delayed the school day are contained below.
If a decision is made to delay or cancel school, you will be notified in 3 different ways:
- Utilizing the Springmyer Communications Network, the school closure information will be provided to WLW/TV Ch 5; WCPO/TV Ch 9; WCRC/TV Ch 12; WXIX/TV Ch 19; WSTR/TV Ch 64, and Cinci.com.
- A phone call will be made using our normal call system. Please ensure your phone numbers are up-to-date.
- An email message will be set to all students.
We will try and make the decision as early as possible so there is sufficient time to make necessary arrangements at home.
When members of our school community are traveling in inclement weather, safety is of paramount importance. Anticipate travel delays and leave home with sufficient time to make it to school safely and on time.
Remote Instruction - Expectations
At some point this year, students may need to attend Roger Bacon remotely due to COVID quarantine guidelines. In order to stay caught up with classes while on remote, please use following guidelines:
- A parent or guardian must notify the main office in order for you to be listed as remote for the day.
- To enter a teacher’s Zoom room, click on the link posted in your class bulletin board on SpartanLink.
- If you are waiting to be let in to a teacher’s Zoom room, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP to alert us of this issue so we can get you connected.
- You must have your full, correct name listed in Zoom.
- You must have your video on at all times and microphone on mute unless the teacher asks you to unmute.
- If you need to step away to use the restroom, use the chat function in Zoom to alert the teacher.
- RB dress code must be observed.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, February 3rd.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB. The next meeting is Thursday, February 9th at 6:30 pm in the ITC
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) updated its COVID-19 guidance for students ahead of the new school year. ODH no longer recommends widespread masking and COVID testing for schools. Instead, state health officials ask people who feel ill to stay home and away from others – just as they would with other illnesses.
We also received operational guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support “safe in-person learning.” The CDC no longer recommends quarantining if a person comes into close contact with someone with the virus regardless of vaccination status. The CDC has also dropped its suggestion to keep six feet apart from others.
The CDC provided a variety of strategies for everyday operations to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccinations help people from getting severely ill with COVID-19. Roger Bacon does not require students or staff to be vaccinated to attend school or participate in school activities and extracurriculars.
- Stay Home When Sick. Families are reminded of the importance of keeping students out of the classroom if they are sick. Anyone with symptoms or a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
- Ventilation. Optimizing ventilation and making improvements to indoor air quality reduces the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air. We have made significant improvements to the air quality throughout the school.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette. Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Reinforce coverings coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases. Roger Bacon will provide adequate hand-washing supplies and hand-sanitizing opportunities in classrooms and high-traffic areas throughout school facilities.
- Masking. The wearing of face coverings is not mandated. Parents have the option to have their children wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. Disposable masks will be available at all primary entrances to school facilities.
Positive Test. Individuals who test positive should self-quarantine for 5 days from the day symptoms first appear or the date of the COVID test if the individual is asymptomatic. If after 5 days the individual is asymptomatic (no symptoms), no further quarantine is required.
Exposure. Roger Bacon does not do contact tracing. If someone has been exposed, they should monitor for symptoms. If symptoms persist, recommend consulting your family physician.
Remote Learning. Roger Bacon does not offer full-time remote learning. This option is only available to those students while in a quarantine status.
Sports. The use of face coverings will not be required to attend sporting events. There will not be capacity limits at sporting events.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Jan 29-Feb 3: Catholic Schools Week
Jan 30: Adoration
Feb 1: All School Mass / Athletic College Signing Day
Feb 2: Talent Show
Feb 3: First Friday Mass
Feb 9: Alumni Association Meeting
Feb 13: PTO Meeting
Feb 15: Board of Directors Meeting
Feb 17: Talent Show Assembly / Sadie Hawkins Dance
Feb 20: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 21-23: Kairos
Feb 22: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 28: Early Dismissal - ACT / IOWA Testing
Mar 3: First Friday Mass
Mar 10: End of 3rd Quarter / Senior-Parent Dance
Mar 14: PTO Meeting
Mar 16-17: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Mar 17: No School - Professional Development
Mar 20: No School
Mar 22: Career Day
Mar 24: Blood Drive
Mar 28: College Information Night (Virtual)(7:00 pm)
Mar 30-Apr 2: Spring Musical - "We Will Rock You"
Apr 3: PTO Meeting
Apr 5: No School - Religious In-Service Day
Apr 6-16: No School - Easter Break
Apr 10-15: San Juan Bautista Pilgrimage
Apr 10-18: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 22: Evening For Excellence
Apr 28: No School - PROM / Professional Development
May 1-12: AP Testing
May 5: Fine Arts Festival
May 9: PTO Meeting
May 12: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football
May 15-16: Senior Exams
May 17: Senior Make-up Exams
May 18: All School Mass / Senior Lock-In
May 19: Seniors Last Day
May 21: Senior Assisi Scholar Banquet
May 22: Underclass Last Day
May 23: Underclass Exams/Graduation Practice
May 24: Underclass Exams
May 25: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 26: Graduation
May 30-June 1: Kairos