- Regular Schedule
- Varsity Boys Bowling vs Seven Hills @ Madison Bowl
- Varsity Swimming vs Cincinnati Christian @ St. Bernard
- Regular Schedule
- St. Clement Christmas Show (7:00 pm in the FAC)
- Varsity Girls Basketball vs Purcell
- Mass Schedule - Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in the Spiritual Life Office)
- J.O.Y. Retreat
- Community Outreach Project: Salvation Sandwiches (3:00 pm in room 22)
- Varsity Bowling vs Cincinnati Christian @ Stones Lanes
- Varsity Wrestling vs Badin/Goshen @ Badin
- Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the FAC)
- Regular Schedule
- Dress Down Day: Assist-a-Family
- J.O.Y. Retreat
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs Summit Country Day
- Varsity Girls Basketball vs Cincinnati Country Day
- Varsity Boys Basketball vs Lloyd @ Newport HS
- Varsity Wrestling (NCH Invitational) @ North College Hill
- Varsity Girls Bowling (Holiday Classic) @ Western Bowl
- Varsity Boys Bowling (Holiday Classic ) @ Western Bowl
- Our Science Department is looking for parents and/or alum that have experience or connections in the science field to help judge our Science Fair on Thursday, January 26, 2023. The Science Fair will be in the evening around 6:00 pm. If you are interested in judging or know someone who might be interested, please email Mr. Joe Hetzer at email@example.com. He will follow up with specifics and more information.
- Please consider supporting Roger Bacon through the Catholic Education Foundation Scholarship Granting Organization (CEF-SGO). It is a great way to help students at Roger Bacon and receive a tangible benefit (Ohio tax credit) for your generosity. See our website at www.rogerbacon.org/giving/sgo for more information. For specific questions about this fantastic opportunity through the CEF-SGO, please contact our Treasurer/Business Manager, Mike Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All week we are collecting for the Assist-A-Family collection drive sponsored by Community Outreach. We are in need of various items, posted on the ornaments that hang on the decorative poster trees, which are hanging in each Flex room. Please be sure to take an ornament
and give a gift this Advent to someone who is in need of our generosity! Remember to “prepare your heart for Christ’s coming” and what better way to do this than through spreading Christmas cheer! Don’t forget - there is a Dress Down Day on Friday, December 9th (cost $1.00) to benefit the program too! Please participate!
- Thursday, December 8th, is a busy Spiritual Life Day!
- We will gather as an entire school, once again this Advent season, to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Liturgy will take place during a regular mass schedule.
- After school, Salvation Sandwiches will take place in room 22. Please come and make sandwiches for those in need!
- Juniors attending the J.O.Y. retreat
will leave after school to spend 2 days in fellowship with one another, sharing in faith and friendship. Let’s pray for those attending and those leading this great experience! Any questions regarding this retreat experience should be directed to Ms. Geckle, Director of Retreats.
- Chess Club will meet on the next two Thursdays (December 8th and 15th) from 2:45 - 3:45 pm in the ITC.
- Sign-up for cast auditions for the Drama Guild's performance of "We Will Rock You" outside room 56 or use the online Google form. Individual auditions will be on Monday, December 5th and Wednesday, December 7th. Character call-backs will take place on Monday, December 12th and movement/dance auditions are on Wednesday, December 14th.
- Crew applications for "We Will Rock You" are due on Wednesday, December 7th. Crew interviews will take place Thursday, December 8th through Wednesday, December 14th.
- There is a Christmas dance on Friday, December 16th in the cafeteria after our home boys’ basketball game vs Purcell. The dance will start after the game (9:00 pm if you are not attending the game) until 11:00 pm. Admission is $5 per person. Dress in an ugly Christmas sweater or any other Christmas-themed clothes you have. Tickets will be sold next week
during lunch on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Non-Roger Bacon guests are permitted with the proper permission slip. Hope to see you there!
- Upcoming Christmas events:
- Tuesday, December 13th: RB/Grade School Concert
- Thursday, December 15th: RB Christmas Concert
- Friday, December 16th: Christmas Assembly / Christmas Dance
- Christmas break starts on Wednesday, December 21st until Tuesday, January 3rd. Classes resume on Wednesday, January 4th.
Every year leading up to Christmas, Roger Bacon helps our neighbors in need.
In each Flex room, students have created a Christmas tree for Assist-a-Family. Students with the Community Outreach Board have placed ornaments on the tree with gift ideas for children and families. Please choose an ornament, purchase the gift and bring it back to school (Flex room). The present does not need to be wrapped!
Kroger gifts cards are a big request. Any money donated will be used to purchase gift cards for families. All money and gift cards will be distributed via the Church of the Resurrection in Bond Hill. All gifts, toys, and clothing will be distributed via the St. George Food Pantry
Thank you for your generosity with Community Outreach's Assist-a-Family Project as we help those around us in need.
1st Semester Exam Schedule
The 1st semester exam schedule is as follows:
Monday, December 19th
- 7:45 - 7:55: Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
- 8:00 - 9:30: English Exam
- 9:45 - 11:15: Math Exam
Tuesday, December 20
- 7:45 - 7:55: Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
- 8:00 - 9:30: Social Studies Exam
- 9:45 - 11:15: Science Exam
- 11:30 - 12:45: Make-up/Conflict Exams
Please note . . .
- Exams will be taken during exam week for all non-elective courses
in the following departments: English, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
- Students are expected to take exams during the designated time on the schedule.
- The make-up/conflict exam slot is intended for students who miss an exam on the first day or have two Math/Science classes. Students who do not make up exams during this time will do so on Tuesday, January 3rd, starting at 7:45 am.
- Lunch will not be served on exam days.
- Exam grades count as 20% of the semester average. Study for your exams. Get a good night’s sleep. Eat a good breakfast in the morning.
Behavior Expectations . . .
- Regular dress code is to be observed during exams.
- Students who do not have to take an exam do not have to be on campus. Students who are on campus but do not have to take an exam must report to the cafeteria. Students are expected to stay in the exam room until the end of the testing period.
- In the event of a school closing due to weather, the exam schedule will shift one day, and the second day of exams will take place after we return from Christmas Break. If there is a two hour delay, exams will begin two hours later.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points. We are in 240 households currently and set a goal of getting that to 300 by the end of this school year! Easy steps can be found below.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
Inclement Weather Instructions
As we approach possible inclement weather, the procedures we follow to notify our school community that we have either canceled or delayed the school day are contained below.
If a decision is made to delay or cancel school, you will be notified in 3 different ways:
- Utilizing the Springmyer Communications Network, the school closure information will be provided to WLW/TV Ch 5; WCPO/TV Ch 9; WCRC/TV Ch 12; WXIX/TV Ch 19; WSTR/TV Ch 64, and Cinci.com.
- A phone call will be made using our normal call system. Please ensure your phone numbers are up-to-date.
- An email message will be set to all students.
We will try and make the decision as early as possible so there is sufficient time to make necessary arrangements at home.
When members of our school community are traveling in inclement weather, safety is of paramount importance. Anticipate travel delays and leave home with sufficient time to make it to school safely and on time.
- Check for updates on Naviance and register to meet with these College Admissions Representatives. Fall is a great time to visit colleges in person. Seniors have THREE college visit days they can use – remember to get the form signed and turned in to Mr. McCoy one week in advance of your visit.
- Follow the counselors on twitter at @RBGuidance for updates!
The Sophomore Service Day happens in the second semester. The entire sophomore class participate in service on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Details and sign up will occur the latter part of first semester. Students will receive details via email and theology classes. More information will roll out November of 2022.
Tuesdays with Vincent
- Throughout this year, each junior will service once at the Saint Vincent de Paul near Over-the-Rhine as a pantry escort. They will accompany neighbors in food selection through social interaction. Like Saint Francis of Assisi, this opportunity allows students to reach out and embrace the “lepers” of today – the homeless, the hungry, the struggling. We call this program “Tuesdays with Vincent.”
- Juniors are responsible for signing up for the day they desire that fits their schedule and transportation needs. Any question may be directed to Mr. Zlatic at PZlatic@RogerBacon.org
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Remote Instruction - Expectations
At some point this year, students may need to attend Roger Bacon remotely due to COVID quarantine guidelines. In order to stay caught up with classes while on remote, please use following guidelines:
- A parent or guardian must notify the main office in order for you to be listed as remote for the day.
- To enter a teacher’s Zoom room, click on the link posted in your class bulletin board on SpartanLink.
- If you are waiting to be let in to a teacher’s Zoom room, email email@example.com
ASAP to alert us of this issue so we can get you connected.
- You must have your full, correct name listed in Zoom.
- You must have your video on at all times and microphone on mute unless the teacher asks you to unmute.
- If you need to step away to use the restroom, use the chat function in Zoom to alert the teacher.
- RB dress code must be observed.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
FLEX is the last period of the day. During this time, students can attend important meetings, complete school work, study, obtain academic help, etc. To ensure this period is as beneficial as possible, please pay attention to several simple rules:
- Electronics: Use of MP3 players, CD players, cell phones, smart watches, wireless headphones (air pods), or use of any other electrical devises are NOT permitted from 7:45 am- 2:45 pm.
- Students should not be watching movies or other entertainment programs through streaming or downloads.
- Students are permitted to listen to music on their iPads, through the use of wired headphones.
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, January 6th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB. The next meeting is Thursday, December 8th at 6:30 pm in the ITC
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at email@example.com or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) updated its COVID-19 guidance for students ahead of the new school year. ODH no longer recommends widespread masking and COVID testing for schools. Instead, state health officials ask people who feel ill to stay home and away from others – just as they would with other illnesses.
We also received operational guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support “safe in-person learning.” The CDC no longer recommends quarantining if a person comes into close contact with someone with the virus regardless of vaccination status. The CDC has also dropped its suggestion to keep six feet apart from others.
The CDC provided a variety of strategies for everyday operations to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccinations help people from getting severely ill with COVID-19. Roger Bacon does not require students or staff to be vaccinated to attend school or participate in school activities and extracurriculars.
- Stay Home When Sick. Families are reminded of the importance of keeping students out of the classroom if they are sick. Anyone with symptoms or a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
- Ventilation. Optimizing ventilation and making improvements to indoor air quality reduces the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air. We have made significant improvements to the air quality throughout the school.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette. Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Reinforce coverings coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases. Roger Bacon will provide adequate hand-washing supplies and hand-sanitizing opportunities in classrooms and high-traffic areas throughout school facilities.
- Masking. The wearing of face coverings is not mandated. Parents have the option to have their children wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. Disposable masks will be available at all primary entrances to school facilities.
Positive Test. Individuals who test positive should self-quarantine for 5 days from the day symptoms first appear or the date of the COVID test if the individual is asymptomatic. If after 5 days the individual is asymptomatic (no symptoms), no further quarantine is required.
Exposure. Roger Bacon does not do contact tracing. If someone has been exposed, they should monitor for symptoms. If symptoms persist, recommend consulting your family physician.
Remote Learning. Roger Bacon does not offer full-time remote learning. This option is only available to those students while in a quarantine status.
Sports. The use of face coverings will not be required to attend sporting events. There will not be capacity limits at sporting events.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Dec 13, 2022: RB/Grade School Concert
Dec 14, 2022: Board of Directors Meeting
Dec 15, 2022: RB Christmas Concert
Dec 16, 2022: Christmas Assembly / Christmas Dance
Dec 19-20, 2022: First semester exams
Dec 20, 2022: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Dec 21, 2022-Jan 2, 2023: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2023: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 4, 2023: Classes Resume – Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 6, 2023: First Friday Mass
Jan 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
Jan 12, 2023: Alumni Association Meeting
Jan 16, 2023: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2023: Celebration of Success (8th Graders)
Jan 19, 2023: Early Dismissal - Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 26, 2023: Science Fair
Jan 29-Feb 3, 2023: Catholic Schools Week
Feb 1, 2023: All School Mass / Athletic College Signing Day
Feb 2, 2023: Talent Show
Feb 3, 2023: First Friday Mass
Feb 13, 2023: PTO Meeting
Feb 15, 2023: Boartd of Directors Meeting
Feb 17, 2023: Talent Show Assembly / Sadie hawkins Dance
Feb 20, 2023: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 21-23: Kairos
Feb 22, 2023: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 28, 2023: Early Dismissal - ACT / IOWA Testing
Mar 3, 2023: First Friday Mass
Mar 10, 2023: End of 3rd Quarter / Senior-Parent Dance
Mar 14, 2023: PTO Meeting
Mar 16-17, 2023: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Mar 17, 2023: No School - Professional Development
Mar 20, 2023: No School
Mar 22, 2023: Career Day
Mar 24, 2023: Blood Drive
Mar 28, 2023: College Information Night (Virtual)(7:00 pm)
Mar 30-Apr 2: Spring Musical - "We Will Rock You"
Apr 3, 2023: PTO Meeting
Apr 5, 2023: No School - Religious In-Service Day
Apr 6-16, 2023: No School - Easter Break
Apr 10-18, 2023: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 22, 2023: Evening For Excellence
Apr 28, 2023: No School - PROM / Professional Development
May 1-12, 2023: AP Testing
May 5, 2023: Fine Arts Festival
May 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
May 12, 2023: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football
May 15-16, 2023: Senior Exams
May 17, 2023: Senior Make-up Exams
May 18, 2023: All School Mass / Senior Lock-In
May 19, 2023: Seniors Last Day
May 21, 2023: Senior Assisi Scholar Banquet
May 22, 2023: Underclass Last Day
May 23, 2023: Underclass Exams/Graduation Practice
May 24, 2023: Underclass Exams
May 25, 2023: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 26, 2023: Graduation
May 30-June 1: Kairos