- Regular Schedule
- Community Outreach Project: Writing Hope (ITC)
- Varsity Bowling vs Seven Hills @ Stones Lanes
- Community Outreach Project: Archbishop Leibold Home
- Assembly Schedule
- Spirit Dress Down Day
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Norwood
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
- Varsity Boys Basketball @ Western Hills
- Varsity Girls Basketball @ Sycamore (Journey to the Tourney)
- FACTS forms for financial aid for the 2023/24 school year are due on Monday, November 21st.
- We have an all-school assembly on Tuesday, November 22nd presented by RB alums Brandon McIntosh ’98 and Alex Meacham ’95.
- Thanksgiving break starts on Wednesday, November 23rd and runs through Monday, November 28th. Classes resume Tuesday, November 29th.
- The Ohio Knights of Columbus is offering a $1000 scholarship to students who attend an Ohio Catholic high school. Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and have at least a 2.5 GPA. Information and access to the scholarship application is on the Guidance website (under “Academics” on the RB website) and is posted on the Guidance Bulletin Board across from the office. The deadline to apply is Friday, November 25th.
- There is a meeting in the gym during Flex on Tuesday, November 29th for all girls interested in playing soccer next year. If you cannot attend the meeting, please let Coach Kristen know!
- On Wednesday, November 30th, we have a Reconciliation Prayer Service. Students will have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation - 10 Franciscan priests will be available to hear confessions. We hope students take advantage of this wonderful opportunity as we enter into the Advent season.
- Attention Parents and Guardians of Juniors: Roger Bacon is pleased to partner again with Academic Solutions
to offer an ACT Prep Class (valued at $850) to all interested juniors 100% free of charge!! The prep class will be offered during Flex in January and February. There are three ways to register for the course: (1) click on this link https://forms.gle/44iQCspHrChE8JBK6; (2) fill out and return the registration form sent home with the results, or (3) contact Dr. Luebbe at email@example.com. All juniors will take the ACT at Roger Bacon on February 28, 2023. Students do not need to register or pay for this test.
Every year leading up to Christmas, Roger Bacon helps our neighbors in need.
In each Flex room, students have created a Christmas tree for Assist-a-Family. Students with the Community Outreach Board have placed ornaments on the tree with gift ideas for children and families. Please choose an ornament, purchase the gift and bring it back to school (Flex room).
Kroger gifts cards are a big request. Any money donated will be used to purchase gift cards for families. All money and gift cards will be distributed via the Church of the Resurrection in Bond Hill. All gifts, toys, and clothing will be distributed via the St. George Food Pantry
Thank you for your generosity with Community Outreach's Assist-a-Family Project as we help those around us in need.
Financial Aid for School Year 2023/24
Roger Bacon High School believes the cost of a parochial education should not be a deterrent for your family. For the 2022-2023 school year, Roger Bacon High School awarded more than 1.4 million dollars in scholarships and financial assistance to approximately 60% of the student body.
Tuition assistance is given on the basis of need determined by an independent analysis of your family's ability to pay tuition. If you are unable to pay full tuition, the Business Office attempts to supply the aid necessary that will allow you to receive a Roger Bacon education.
All applications for tuition assistance (FACTS forms) should be submitted directly to FACTS, which then forwards the information to the Business Office at Roger Bacon High School for evaluation. All applications for financial aid are held in the strictest confidence. The FACTS forms are due November 21, 2022. The FACTS application for the 2023-2024 school year can be found here https://online.factsmgt.com/si... or on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact our Business Office at (513) 641-1300.
1st Semester Exam Schedule
The 1st semester exam schedule is as follows:
Monday, December 19th
- 7:45 - 7:55: Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
- 8:00 - 9:30: English Exam
- 9:45 - 11:15: Math Exam
Tuesday, December 20
- 7:45 - 7:55: Prayer, Announcements, Attendance
- 8:00 - 9:30: Social Studies Exam
- 9:45 - 11:15: Science Exam
- 11:30 - 12:45: Make-up/Conflict Exams
Please note . . .
- Exams will be taken during exam week for all non-elective courses
in the following departments: English, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
- Students are expected to take exams during the designated time on the schedule.
- The make-up/conflict exam slot is intended for students who miss an exam on the first day or have two Math/Science classes. Students who do not make up exams during this time will do so on Tuesday, January 3rd, starting at 7:45 am.
- Lunch will not be served on exam days.
- Exam grades count as 20% of the semester average. Study for your exams. Get a good night’s sleep. Eat a good breakfast in the morning.
Behavior Expectations . . .
- Regular dress code is to be observed during exams.
- Students who do not have to take an exam do not have to be on campus. Students who are on campus but do not have to take an exam must report to the cafeteria. Students are expected to stay in the exam room until the end of the testing period.
- In the event of a school closing due to weather, the exam schedule will shift one day, and the second day of exams will take place after we return from Christmas Break. If there is a two hour delay, exams will begin two hours later.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points. We are in 240 households currently and set a goal of getting that to 300 by the end of this school year! Easy steps can be found below.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
Inclement Weather Instructions
As we approach possible inclement weather, the procedures we follow to notify our school community that we have either canceled or delayed the school day are contained below.
If a decision is made to delay or cancel school, you will be notified in 3 different ways:
- Utilizing the Springmyer Communications Network, the school closure information will be provided to WLW/TV Ch 5; WCPO/TV Ch 9; WCRC/TV Ch 12; WXIX/TV Ch 19; WSTR/TV Ch 64, and Cinci.com.
- A phone call will be made using our normal call system. Please ensure your phone numbers are up-to-date.
- An email message will be set to all students.
We will try and make the decision as early as possible so there is sufficient time to make necessary arrangements at home.
When members of our school community are traveling in inclement weather, safety is of paramount importance. Anticipate travel delays and leave home with sufficient time to make it to school safely and on time.
- The Ohio Knights of Columbus is offering a $1000 scholarship to students who attend an Ohio Catholic high school. Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and have at least a 2.5 GPA. Information and access to the scholarship application is on the Guidance website (under “Academics” on the RB website) and is posted on the Guidance Bulletin Board across from the office. The deadline to apply is November 25, 2022.
- Check for updates on Naviance and register to meet with these College Admissions Representatives. Fall is a great time to visit colleges in person. Seniors have THREE college visit days they can use – remember to get the form signed and turned in to Mr. McCoy one week in advance of your visit.
- Follow the counselors on twitter at @RBGuidance for updates!
The Sophomore Service Day happens in the second semester. The entire sophomore class participate in service on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Details and sign up will occur the latter part of first semester. Students will receive details via email and theology classes. More information will roll out November of 2022.
Tuesdays with Vincent
- Throughout this year, each junior will service once at the Saint Vincent de Paul near Over-the-Rhine as a pantry escort. They will accompany neighbors in food selection through social interaction. Like Saint Francis of Assisi, this opportunity allows students to reach out and embrace the “lepers” of today – the homeless, the hungry, the struggling. We call this program “Tuesdays with Vincent.”
- Juniors are responsible for signing up for the day they desire that fits their schedule and transportation needs. Any question may be directed to Mr. Zlatic at PZlatic@RogerBacon.org
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Remote Instruction - Expectations
At some point this year, students may need to attend Roger Bacon remotely due to COVID quarantine guidelines. In order to stay caught up with classes while on remote, please use following guidelines:
- A parent or guardian must notify the main office in order for you to be listed as remote for the day.
- To enter a teacher’s Zoom room, click on the link posted in your class bulletin board on SpartanLink.
- If you are waiting to be let in to a teacher’s Zoom room, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP to alert us of this issue so we can get you connected.
- You must have your full, correct name listed in Zoom.
- You must have your video on at all times and microphone on mute unless the teacher asks you to unmute.
- If you need to step away to use the restroom, use the chat function in Zoom to alert the teacher.
- RB dress code must be observed.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
FLEX is the last period of the day. During this time, students can attend important meetings, complete school work, study, obtain academic help, etc. To ensure this period is as beneficial as possible, please pay attention to several simple rules:
- Electronics: Use of MP3 players, CD players, cell phones, smart watches, wireless headphones (air pods), or use of any other electrical devises are NOT permitted from 7:45 am- 2:45 pm.
- Students should not be watching movies or other entertainment programs through streaming or downloads.
- Students are permitted to listen to music on their iPads, through the use of wired headphones.
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, December 2nd.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB. The next meeting is Thursday, December 8th at 6:30 pm in the ITC
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) updated its COVID-19 guidance for students ahead of the new school year. ODH no longer recommends widespread masking and COVID testing for schools. Instead, state health officials ask people who feel ill to stay home and away from others – just as they would with other illnesses.
We also received operational guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support “safe in-person learning.” The CDC no longer recommends quarantining if a person comes into close contact with someone with the virus regardless of vaccination status. The CDC has also dropped its suggestion to keep six feet apart from others.
The CDC provided a variety of strategies for everyday operations to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccinations help people from getting severely ill with COVID-19. Roger Bacon does not require students or staff to be vaccinated to attend school or participate in school activities and extracurriculars.
- Stay Home When Sick. Families are reminded of the importance of keeping students out of the classroom if they are sick. Anyone with symptoms or a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
- Ventilation. Optimizing ventilation and making improvements to indoor air quality reduces the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air. We have made significant improvements to the air quality throughout the school.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette. Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Reinforce coverings coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases. Roger Bacon will provide adequate hand-washing supplies and hand-sanitizing opportunities in classrooms and high-traffic areas throughout school facilities.
- Masking. The wearing of face coverings is not mandated. Parents have the option to have their children wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. Disposable masks will be available at all primary entrances to school facilities.
Positive Test. Individuals who test positive should self-quarantine for 5 days from the day symptoms first appear or the date of the COVID test if the individual is asymptomatic. If after 5 days the individual is asymptomatic (no symptoms), no further quarantine is required.
Exposure. Roger Bacon does not do contact tracing. If someone has been exposed, they should monitor for symptoms. If symptoms persist, recommend consulting your family physician.
Remote Learning. Roger Bacon does not offer full-time remote learning. This option is only available to those students while in a quarantine status.
Sports. The use of face coverings will not be required to attend sporting events. There will not be capacity limits at sporting events.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Nov 30, 2022: Reconciliation Service
Dec 2, 2022: First Friday Mass
Dec 8, 2022: All School Mass - Feast of the Immaculate Conception / Alumni Association Meeting
Dec 8-9, 2022: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 19-20, 2022: First semester exams
Dec 20, 2022: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Dec 21, 2022-Jan 2, 2023: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2023: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 4, 2023: Classes Resume – Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
Jan 16, 2023: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2023: Celebration of Success (8th Graders)
Jan 19, 2023: Early Dismissal - Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 29-Feb 3, 2023: Catholic Schools Week
Feb 1, 2023: All School Mass / Athletic College Signing Day
Feb 13, 2023: PTO Meeting
Feb 20, 2023: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 21-23: Kairos
Feb 22, 2023: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 28, 2023: Early Dismissal - ACT / IOWA Testing
Mar 10, 2023: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 14, 2023: PTO Meeting
Mar 16-17, 2023: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Mar 17, 2023: No School - Professional Development
Mar 20, 2023: No School
Mar 22, 2023: Career Day
Mar 30-Apr 2: Spring Musical
Apr 3, 2023: PTO Meeting
Apr 5, 2023: No School - Religious In-Service Day
Apr 6-16, 2023: No School - Easter Break
Apr 10-18, 2023: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 22, 2023: Evening For Excellence
Apr 28, 2023: No School - PROM / Professional Development
May 1-12, 2023: AP Testing
May 5, 2023: Fine Arts Festival
May 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
May 12, 2023: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football
May 15-16, 2023: Senior Exams
May 17, 2023: Senior Make-up Exams
May 18, 2023: All School Mass / Senior Lock-In
May 19, 2023: Seniors Last Day
May 21, 2023: Senior Assisi Scholar Banquet
May 22, 2023: Underclass Last Day
May 23, 2023: Underclass Exams/Graduation Practice
May 24, 2023: Underclass Exams
May 25, 2023: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 26, 2023: Graduation
May 30-June 1: Kairos