- Regular Schedule
- AP Test: U.S. Government and Politics (8:00 am)
- Varsity Baseball vs Alter @ Ross Park
- Varsity Softball vs Alter @ Vine St. Park
- Club Girls Lacrosse @ Seven Hills
- Regular Schedule
- AP Test: Calculus AB (8:00 am)
- Spartan Leader - RB 180 (Flex)
- PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
- Varsity Baseball @ St. Xavier
- Varsity Softball vs Lockland @ Vine St. Park
- Varsity Boys Volleyball vs McNicholas
- Regular Schedule
- Ground Coffee Transit (7:00 - 7:40 am)
- AP Tests: English Literature and Composition (8:00 am) / Physics I - Algebra-Based (12:00 pm)
- Varsity Baseball vs Alter @ Wright State Baseball Stadium
- Varsity Softball vs Alter @ Ernst Park - South YMCA
- Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Fenwick
- Regular Schedule
- AP Tests: U.S. History (8:00 am) / Computer Science A (12:00 pm)
- Baseball vs McNicholas @ Ross Park
- Varsity Softball @ Deer Park
- Varsity Boys Volleyball @ Fenwick
- Club Girls Lacrosse vs Cincinnati Country Day
- Regular Schedule
- Dress Down Day (PTO)
- First Friday Mass (8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center)
- National Honor Society Induction (Flex)
- Varsity Baseball vs Princeton @ Ross Park
- Varsity Boys Volleyball @ Chaminade Julienne
- The 2021 Fine Arts Festival goes Digital. The annual Fine Arts Festival featuring collected works in Visual and Performing Arts throughout the Fine Arts Department of Roger Bacon will be presented online in a weeklong celebration. With new works, photos, featured artists, performance videos, and more shared digitally each day starting Monday May 3rd through Friday May 7th. Follow all the creativity on multiple social platforms and get a chance to (safely distanced) see all the amazing art that happens at Roger Bacon.
The RB Fine Arts Festival 21 can be found in the following places:
- The Paul and Naomi Thomas Scholarship is available for one sophomore student who exemplifies the Roger Bacon philosophy of Holiness and Learning. The recipient will receive a full-tuition scholarship for their junior year. To apply the student must submit an essay which illustrates how he or she meets the criteria of the scholarship. Each candidate's application must include three letters of recommendation from faculty and/or staff. The recommendation must specifically address each of the points under the Holiness and Learning criteria. Deadline to apply is May 4, 2021. Please submit all documents to the Guidance Office.
- Spartan Leader will be hosting the final RB180 on Tuesday, May 4th during flex. Come hear Evan Webb and Grace Wilking talk about the ways they have grown in their faith during their time at Roger Bacon. Don’t miss this opportunity to share in their accomplishments and wish them well as they get ready for what God has planned for them next.
- There is a PTO meeting on Tuesday, May 4th at 7:00 pm in the Information and Technology Center.
- The Alumni Association has arranged for a coffee truck from Grounded Coffee Transit to visit the campus of Roger Bacon on Wednesday, May 5th. The coffee truck will be parked on the plaza in front of the school from 7:00 - 7:45 am. Get here early so you have time to purchase coffee before 1st period begins! Students are permitted to bring their drinks with them to first bell. Click here for a menu and prices.
- The induction ceremony for National Honor Society will be held on Friday, May 7th in the Fine Arts Center during Flex period. Parents of the students being inducted are invited!
- Spring Homecoming Dance. On Friday, May 14th from 8:00 – 11:00 pm, there will be an all-school spring Homecoming Dance at Bron Bacevich Memorial Stadium. The theme for the dance is “Hawaiian” and the cost is $5.00. The dance is limited to Roger Bacon students – all freshmen through seniors are invited. There will be a mixed grade homecoming court. In order to run for court, please email either Natalie Borgert (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Samantha Mumper (email@example.com) and include your partner in the email as well. Ticket sales will be announced in the next few weeks!
- The "Through the Years" Showcase
featuring the Senior Class will be held on Sunday, May 16th
at 7:30 pm in the Fine Arts Center. All parents, students, faculty, family and friends are invited to attend. Admission is $10.00 cash at the door. Desserts and drinks will be served. Basket raffles, Split the Pot and other prizes will be available.
Seniors: As you are making your post-graduation decisions – don’t forget to fill in your spot on the “I Decided” board! If you have received any scholarships, make sure you are listing them under the “scholarship” tab on your Naviance account. We will include this information in the graduation program.
- Contact your guidance counselor if you would like to schedule a conference (with your parents or guardians) to discuss the college application process. These can be done in-person or using Zoom if that is more convenient. We will be meeting with each of you to schedule your classes for next year when we return from Easter break, so make sure your Core Course Selection sheet and electives form have been submitted.
- The counselors will be going into your English classes later in 4th
quarter to begin working on your college essay. Now that you have used your Naviance account for the career program last week, check out all of the other resources it offers for college and career information!
AP Test Information
- Students will test in person May 3 - 17. These are the traditional pencil/paper tests. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, May 3rd: United States Government and Politics (8:00 am)
- Tuesday, May 4th: Calculus AB (8:00 am)
- Wednesday, May 5th: English Literature and Composition (8:00 am) / Physics 1: Algebra-Based (12:00 pm)
- Thursday, May 6th: United States History (8:00 am) / Computer Science A (12:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 11th: Psychology (12:00 pm)
- Wednesday, May 12th: English Language and Composition (8:00 am)
- Friday, May 14th: Biology
- Monday, May 17th: Statistics (12:00 pm)
- Please contact Ms. Smith with any questions!
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
- Seniors: Continue to check the guidance website for scholarship updates, and list all scholarships you are offered in your Naviance account. Scholarships are being added every week so don’t miss out!
This has been a challenging year dealing with the pandemic and all it entails – thank you for your support and assistance navigating the myriad of challenges. As we close out the year, there may be events and activities which differ from the past due to restrictions and our efforts to make them as safe as possible. Again, thank you for your understanding.
Several key dates to remember:
- Service Requirements due to Outreach Office Tuesday, March 23rd
- Academic Awards Ceremony (Honors Week): Week of April 26th
- Service/Awards Ceremony (Honors Week): Week of April 26th
- Prom: Saturday, May 1st
- Senior Showcase: Sunday, May 16th
- Senior Lock-in: Thursday, May 20th
- Last Day for Seniors: Friday, May 21
- Senior Exams: Monday/Tuesday, May 24 - 25th
- Graduation Practice: Tuesday, June 1st
- Graduation Mass / Senior Awards: Wednesday, June 2nd
- Graduation: Thursday, June 3rd
The End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet contains accompanying information as well as procedures and expectations at different events. Click here for the End-of-Year Senior Information Sheet.
We are very proud of our seniors and look forward to sharing these important events with them in the upcoming month. Thank you for your continued support of Roger Bacon, and we sincerely appreciate your help and assistance navigating these exciting times prior to graduation.
Fine Arts Department
Follow Us - rogerbaconfinearts.com
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
YouTube Channel – CLICK HERE!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
Immunization Requirement for Senior Year. Senior students, if you have not received your meningococcal vaccine yet, please make an appointment with your physician. These can also be given at Kroger’s or Walgreens’ clinics. Proof of this vaccine or an updated immunization record should be turned in to the nurse’s office by the end of September. Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact our
school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, May 7th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Wednesday, May 12th at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
May 03-17: AP Testing
May 14: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football / Spring Homecoming Dance
May 16: Senior Showcase
May 19: Spring Concert
May 21: Seniors Last Day of School
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos
Aug 12-13: Freshmen Orientation Days
Aug 13: Koinonia (Freshmen Faith & Service Day)
Aug 16-17: Faculty/Staff Professional Development
Aug 18: 1st Day of School
Sep 01: Meet the Teacher Night (Virtual)
Sep 06: No School (Labor Day)
Sep 24: Homecoming
Sep 25: Homecoming Dance
Sep 27: No School (Professional Development)
Sep 28: Financial Aid Night
Oct 04: Feast of St. Francis
Oct 06-08: Kairos
Oct 08: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 13: PSAT - Sophomore Assisi Scholars and Juniors Only
Oct 15: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 20: Student/Athlete College Information Night
Oct 22: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Oct 24: Open House
Oct 25: No School (Professional Development)
Oct 26: Early Dismissal - Pre-ACT/Practice ACT Testing / Job Shadowing
Nov 01: All Saints Day Mass
Nov 04: Fall Band Concert
Nov 05: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov10: Veterans' Day Assembly
Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
Nov 12: No School - Professional Development
Nov 19: Freshmen Service Day (1/4)
Nov 19-21: Fall Play
Nov 20: 8th Grade HSPT
Nov 24-29: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 08: Feast of the Immaculate Conception Mass
Dec 09-10: Junior "J.O.Y." Retreat
Dec 17: Christmas Assembly / Christmas Concert
Dec 20-21: 1st Semester Exams
Dec 22 - Jan 02: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 07: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Jan 17: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
Jan 20-23: March for Life
Jan 20: Early Dismissal - Sports Stag
Jan 21: No School - Professional Development
Feb 07: No School
Feb 18: No School (Professional Development)
Feb 21: No School (Presidents' Day)
Feb 22: Early Dismissal - ACT (Juniors) IOWA Testing (Freshmen)
Mar 21: No School (Professional Development)
Apr 14-24: No School - Easter Break
Apr 18-26: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 29: No School - Prom
Apr 30: Evening for Excellence
May 23-24: Senior Exams
May 26-27: Underclass Exams
May 30: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 02: Graduation