- Regular Schedule
- Community Service Opportunity: Chemo Pax (ITC during Flex)
- Assisi Scholar Capstone Presentations (6:00 - 7:30 pm)
- Regular Schedule
- End of 3rd Quarter
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in Room 20)
- Assisi Scholar Capstone Presentations (6:00 - 7:30 pm)
- No School - Faculty Professional Development
- There is no school on Friday, March 19th - our faculty will be having a professional development day.
- Please return registrations for the 2021/22 school year to the Business Office. If you have questions or you have not received your registration paperwork, please contact the Business Office at 513-641-1300.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Spartan Achievement Award Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a member of the junior class entering their senior year in the fall of 2021. The Spartan Achievement Award will be granted to one student who clearly demonstrates strong initiative, personal integrity and leadership potential while pursuing academic excellence. Applications are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Vincent M Kathman Alumni Scholarship. This scholarship for $1,000 up to $3,000, is for a current junior toward their senior year tuition. This scholarship is based on school involvement and financial need. There will be an interview scheduled after your application is submitted. Applications are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2021.
- The Roger Bacon High School Drama Guild is proud to present Once On This Island on April 17th and 18th as a streamed event. (Learn more about our live stream by heading to the Fine Arts website – CLICK HERE!). While our family, friends and community watch the show at home, a digital program will be available to read. If you’d like to advertise for a business or give a shout-out to a Cast or Crew member, you are welcome to purchase a spot in the program. Due to the nature of this digital program, prices have been dropped!|
Patron Ad Prices:
- Full Page: $50
- Half Page: $25
- Business Card Size: $10
- Patron Line (25 words or less): $1
Please make checks payable to Roger Bacon High School with "Drama Patron Ad" in the memo line. All advertisements/shout-outs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All advertisements must be submitted by Friday, March 19th.
- Seniors: Service hours are due by Tuesday, March 23rd. Take advantage of service opportunities offered at school.
- Driver education classes start on April 12th. The classes will be on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 weeks. This will be the last class offered this school year. Information packets are in the main office.
- Volunteers are needed during the Evening for Excellence to help with the games and raffles. If you are interested in helping that night (Saturday, April 24th), please contact Wanda Hill at 641-1313 or email her at email@example.com.
- Senior Photos. Seniors, if you were not present on Picture Day, please contact Executive Studios to get a portrait taken at their studio. Please make an appointment as soon as possible and let them know you just need a yearbook photo taken! These need to be completed in March. Thank you! Contact Information for the studio is below.
700 West Pete Rose Way
Cincinnati, OH 45203
2021/22 School Year Calendar
The calendar for the 2021/22 schoolyear has been approved. Several key dates are provided below for your planning purposes.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021: 1st Day of School
- Monday, September 6, 2021: No School (Labor Day)
- Friday, September 24, 2021: Homecoming
- Monday, September 27, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Sunday, October 24, 2021: Open House
- Monday, October 25, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Thursday, November 11, 2021: No School (Veterans’ Day)
- Friday, November 12, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- November 24 – 29, 2021: Thanksgiving Break
- December 20 – 21, 2021: 1st Semester Exams
- December 22, 2021 – January 2, 2022: Christmas Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Friday, January 21, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 7, 2022: No School
- Friday, February 18, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 21, 2022: No School (Presidents’ Day)
- Monday, March 14, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- April 14 – 24, 2022: Easter Break
- April 18 – 26, 2022: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage
- Friday, April 29, 2022: No School (Prom)
- Saturday, April 30, 2022: Evening for Excellence
- May 23 – 24, 2022: Senior Exams
- May 26 – 27, 2022: Underclass Exams
- Monday, May 30, 2022: No School (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, June 2, 2022: Graduation
Course Scheduling for School Year 2021/22
- On Monday, March 15th, students will receive their “CORE Course Selection Sheet” in first bell for the 2021/22 school year. The only courses included are those that require a placement recommendation or a teacher recommendation/ approval for a course (this includes some electives.) The students will take this form to each class and have their current teacher in the appropriate subject sign the form indicating the placement level for next year for core classes, as well as approving certain electives. Students will choose their electives electronically in a Google form that they will be sent on Monday. They will also be sent an electronic copy of the electives offered to their grade for them to review before they make their choices on the Google form. The students will rank their choices on the Google form.
- The CORE Course Selection Sheet must be turned in with the student’s signature and their parent/guardian signature by Thursday, March 18th. The Google form with their elective choices must be submitted electronically by that date also. This information will be used to build the master schedule, so that scheduling students in-person can begin when they return from Easter break.
AP Test Information
- Students will test in person May 3 - 17. These are the traditional pencil/paper tests.
- The AP Statistics test date has moved from May 13th to May 17th at 12 (noon). All other AP test dates/times remain the same
- Due to changes in AP test ordering and registration, there will be no Pre Administration. All Pre Administration items were completed in the AP Classroom. Students should double check that their name, address, contact information, etc., are all correct in AP Classroom.
- Fees are due Monday, March 22nd. You may pay with a check made out to Roger Bacon High School and mail/drop off it to Mary Beth Hausfeld in the main office.
- Please contact Ms. Smith with any questions!
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
Seniors: Continue to check the guidance website for scholarship updates, and list all scholarships you are offered in your Naviance account. Scholarships are being added every week so don’t miss out!
Evening for Excellence
The 33rd Annual Evening for Excellence is back and in-person! Updated guidelines from the State of Ohio allow us to have a LIVE EVENT while abiding by the necessary safety protocols. Masks will be worn except while dining and we will ask patrons to respect social distancing requirements.
In order to accommodate space needed for our guests, the Silent Auction will be held online. Bidding on these items will begin at 10:00 am on Wednesday, April 22nd and will end at 4:00 pm on Saturday, April 24th. Check back for the online auction link to preview and bid on items.
Invitations are in the mail. To properly plan for a LIVE event, registrations must be received by Friday, April 16th. Guests will be seated at tables of four, six, or eight – on a first come, first served basis. Please note – the number of attendees will be limited.
Grand Raffle - $10,000 CASH PRIZE
The 2021 Grand Raffle tickets are available now. Chances are 1 for $50 or 5 for $200. All proceeds benefit the students of Roger Bacon High School. Click here to purchase tickets.
The Drama Guild is excited to bring Once On This Island to the stage for the first time at RB! The show will be available to stream Saturday, April 17th at 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 18th at 2:00 pm. Stay updated on how to access the show on the “Ticket Information” page of our website – CLICK HERE!
Schedule for the Week of March 15th:
Tuesday, March 16th: 3:00 - 7:00 pm - All Cast/Crew
Wednesday, March 17th: 3:00 - 7:00pm - All Cast/Crew
Thursday, March 18th: 3:00 - 7:00pm – All Cast/Crew
Saturday, March 20th: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - All Cast and select Crew
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Fine Arts Website – CLICK HERE!
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
- The freshman and sophomore service days have been cancelled due to safety concerns and availability of service sites. We are currently exploring alternatives.
- Juniors are participating in the Tuesdays with Vincent project, connected with the Freestore Food Bank.
- Seniors: Please note see the following changes effective for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Seniors need to serve at least ten (10) hours at a non-profit organization.
- Seniors can still change their service site until March 1, 2021.
- If seniors need to change their site due to pandemics precautions, hours from the previous service site will count toward the total of the ten hours.
- Any changes in a service still require the completion of a “Change of Site Form” located on Spartanlink/Groups/Community Outreach/Topics/Seniors.
- Service hours are still due by March 23, 2021.
- MobileServe must be used to log and track hours.
- Any questions may be director to Community Outreach via our email at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
Immunization Requirement for Senior Year. Senior students, if you have not received your meningococcal vaccine yet, please make an appointment with your physician. These can also be given at Kroger’s or Walgreens’ clinics. Proof of this vaccine or an updated immunization record should be turned in to the nurse’s office by the end of September. Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact our
school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, April 16th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Thursday, April 15th at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
Mar 24: Career Day
Mar 25-28: Spring Musical
Mar 30-31: Junior "JOY" Retreat
Apr 01-11: No School - Easter Break
Apr 05-13: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 14: PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Apr 16: Shantytown
Apr 19: Sophomore Retreat Day (Female)
Apr 20: Sophomore Retreat Day (Male)
Apr 21: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 22: Band and Choir Concert
Apr 24: Evening for Excellence
Apr 27: Academic Awards Ceremony
Apr 28: Community Service Awards
Apr 30: No School - Staff Religious In-Service
May 01: Prom
May 03-17: AP Testing
May 07: Fine Arts Festival
May 14: Go Local / Michaela Farms
May 16: Senior Showcase
May 19: Spring Concert
May 21: Seniors Last Day of School
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos