- No School
- Community Service Opportunity: Food Pantry @ St. Clement
- Regular Schedule
- Make-Up IOWA: Reading (Room 24 during Flex)
- PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in the ITC)
- Regular Schedule
- Community Service Opportunity: Sow Love (ITC during Flex)
- Regular Schedule
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in Room 20)
- Service Learning Opportunity: "Hike On!!"
- Make-Up IOWA: Writing and Vocabulary (Room 24 during Flex)
- Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
- Regular Schedule
- Senior T-Shirt Day
- Make-Up IOWA: Social Studies (Room 24 during Flex)
- Spiritual Life Opportunity: Friar Friday (ITC during Flex)
- Community Service Opportunity: Trash OTR
- There is no school on Monday, March 8th.
- The next PTO meeting is on Tuesday, March 9th at 7:00 pm in the Information and Technology Center. For those who cannot meet in person, please use the following link to join the PTO meeting virtually:
Meeting ID: 660 048 6676
- Please return registrations for the 2021/22 school year to the Business Office. If you have questions or you have not received your registration paperwork, please contact the Business Office at 513-641-1300.
- There is a new service learning opportunity available to students - "Hike On!!" Hike On is working alongside"Luke5Adventures" to help individuals living with disabilities feel more comfortable while they take part in hiking. Activities include making blankets and sensory toys and decorating bags for these items. It takes place during flex per the following schedule:
- Thursday, March 11th in the FAC
- Wednesday, March 23rd in room 24
- Thursday, April 15th in the FAC
- The Roger Bacon High School Drama Guild is proud to present Once On This Island on April 17th and 18th as a streamed event. (Learn more about our live stream by heading to the Fine Arts website – CLICK HERE!). While our family, friends and community watch the show at home, a digital program will be available to read. If you’d like to advertise for a business or give a shout-out to a Cast or Crew member, you are welcome to purchase a spot in the program. Due to the nature of this digital program, prices have been dropped!
Patron Ad Prices:
- Full Page: $50
- Half Page: $25
- Business Card Size: $10
- Patron Line (25 words or less): $1
Please make checks payable to Roger Bacon High School with "Drama Patron Ad" in the memo line. All advertisements/shout-outs should be emailed to email@example.com. All advertisements must be submitted by Friday, March 19th.
- Seniors: Service hours are due by Tuesday, March 23rd. Take advantage of service opportunities offered at school.
- Driver education classes start on April 12th. The classes will be on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 weeks. This will be the last class offered this school year. Information packets are in the main office.
- Senior Photos. Seniors, if you were not present on Picture Day, please contact Executive Studios to get a portrait taken at their studio. Please make an appointment as soon as possible and let them know you just need a yearbook photo taken! These need to be completed in March. Thank you! Contact Information for the studio is below.
700 West Pete Rose Way
Cincinnati, OH 45203
2021/22 School Year Calendar
The calendar for the 2021/22 schoolyear has been approved. Several key dates are provided below for your planning purposes.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021: 1st Day of School
- Monday, September 6, 2021: No School (Labor Day)
- Friday, September 24, 2021: Homecoming
- Monday, September 27, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Sunday, October 24, 2021: Open House
- Monday, October 25, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- Thursday, November 11, 2021: No School (Veterans’ Day)
- Friday, November 12, 2021: No School (Professional Development)
- November 24 – 29, 2021: Thanksgiving Break
- December 20 – 21, 2021: 1st Semester Exams
- December 22, 2021 – January 2, 2022: Christmas Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Friday, January 21, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 7, 2022: No School
- Friday, February 18, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, February 21, 2022: No School (Presidents’ Day)
- Monday, March 14, 2022: No School (Professional Development)
- April 14 – 24, 2022: Easter Break
- April 18 – 26, 2022: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage
- Friday, April 29, 2022: No School (Prom)
- Saturday, April 30, 2022: Evening for Excellence
- May 23 – 24, 2022: Senior Exams
- May 26 – 27, 2022: Underclass Exams
- Monday, May 30, 2022: No School (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, June 2, 2022: Graduation
Director of Academics
Make-up testing for the IOWA tests
(graduation requirement) will take place as follows:
- Tuesday, March 9th: Reading (40 min.)
- Thursday, March 11th: Writing and Vocab (55 min.)
- Friday, March 12th: Social Studies (40 min.)
- Monday, March 15th: Math (40 min.)
- Testing will take place in Room 24.
- Please plan to stay until 3:00 pm each day, possibly 3:15 pm on Thursday, March 11.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Academics, Ms. Julie Vehorn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for summer work? Many local businesses are hiring students for summer jobs. See the employment page on the Guidance Section of our website. https://www.rogerbacon.org/academics/guidance-counseling/employment-opportunities
Seniors: Continue to check the guidance website for scholarship updates, and list all scholarships you are offered in your Naviance account. Scholarships are being added every week so don’t miss out!
Juniors: The Spartan Achievement Scholarship is now available. Applications are in the Guidance Office. This is a $1,000 scholarship toward your tuition for next school year. The deadline to apply is March 15th.
The Drama Guild is excited to bring Once On This Island to the stage for the first time at RB! The show will be available to stream Saturday, April 17th at 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 18th at 2:00 pm. Stay updated on how to access the show on the “Ticket Information” page of our website – CLICK HERE!
Schedule for the Week of March 8th:
Tuesday, March 9th: 3:00 - 6:00 pm - All Cast/Crew
Wednesday, March 10th: 3:00 - 5:00pm
Thursday, March 11th: 3:00 - 6:00pm – All Cast/Crew
Saturday, March 13th: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - All Cast/Crew
Instagram & Twitter - @RBDramaGuild
Facebook – Roger Bacon High School Music
Fine Arts Website – CLICK HERE!
Evening for Excellence
Evening for Excellence Grand Raffle - Win $10,000! This year’s Evening for Excellence GRAND RAFFLE prize is $10,000 – and it could be yours! Click here to buy chances online. The more chances you buy, the better your odds. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit the students and programs at Roger Bacon High School. The winner will be drawn on April 24th. For questions, please contact Wanda Hill at email@example.com or call the Advancement Office at 513-641-1313.
Our department continues to provide service opportunities for our students via the various monthly projects, with some changes. These projects are communicated via student email and daily school announcements.
- The freshman and sophomore service days have been cancelled due to safety concerns and availability of service sites. We are currently exploring alternatives.
- Juniors are participating in the Tuesdays with Vincent project, connected with the Freestore Food Bank.
- Seniors: Please note see the following changes effective for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Seniors need to serve at least ten (10) hours at a non-profit organization.
- Seniors can still change their service site until March 1, 2021.
- If seniors need to change their site due to pandemics precautions, hours from the previous service site will count toward the total of the ten hours.
- Any changes in a service still require the completion of a “Change of Site Form” located on Spartanlink/Groups/Community Outreach/Topics/Seniors.
- Service hours are still due by March 23, 2021.
- MobileServe must be used to log and track hours.
- Any questions may be director to Community Outreach via our email at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org
An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
Primary symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell. If you have have multiple symptoms or symptoms persist, please consult your family health provider.
Immunization Requirement for Senior Year. Senior students, if you have not received your meningococcal vaccine yet, please make an appointment with your physician. These can also be given at Kroger’s or Walgreens’ clinics. Proof of this vaccine or an updated immunization record should be turned in to the nurse’s office by the end of September. Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact our
school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message
First Friday Mass.
Mass is at 8:15 am in the Thomas J. Fogarty Center. Parking is available on the plaza directly in front
of school. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have
and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a
fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations
necessary. The next First Friday Mass will be on Friday, April 16th.
Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB.
The next meeting is Thursday, March 11th at 6:30 pm in the ITC.
Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support
the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association
by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in
the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313
Important Upcoming Dates:
Mar 18: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 19: No School - Professional Development
Mar 24: Career Day
Mar 25-28: Spring Musical
Mar 30-31: Junior "JOY" Retreat
Apr 01-11: No School - Easter Break
Apr 05-13: Assisi Scholar Pilgrimage to Italy
Apr 14: PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Apr 16: Shantytown
Apr 19: Sophomore Retreat Day (Female)
Apr 20: Sophomore Retreat Day (Male)
Apr 21: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 22: Band and Choir Concert
Apr 24: Evening for Excellence
Apr 27: Academic Awards Ceremony
Apr 28: Community Service Awards
Apr 30: No School - Prom / Staff Religious In-Service
May 03-14: AP Testing
May 07: Fine Arts Festival
May 14: Go Local / Michaela Farms
May 16: Senior Showcase
May 19: Spring Concert
May 21: Seniors Last Day of School
May 25-25: Senior Final Exams
May 26: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27-28: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: No School - Memorial Day
Jun 01: Graduation Practice / End of 4th Quarter / Make-Up Exams
Jun 02: Graduation Mass & Awards
Jun 03: Graduation
Jun 08-10: Kairos