Roger Bacon High School believes the cost of a Franciscan education should not be a deterrent to your family. For the 20117 – 2018 school year,
Roger Bacon High School awarded more than 1.4 million dollars in scholarships and financial assistance to approximately 60% of the student
Roger Bacon High School awards scholarships for academic merit based on the admissions test results, grades in elementary school and teacher recommendations.
A scholarship committee will review all applications, results, records and recommendations to determine awards.
These scholarships come from the Office of the President of Roger Bacon High School, and are awarded to a select number of incoming freshmen. Students
are awarded scholarships based on their personal statement and teacher recommendations. In addition, recipients will meet individually with
the president of Roger Bacon once a quarter.
The Personal Statement on the Application for Admission not only allows the Admissions Committee to get to know the student better, it also makes them eligible for all scholarships at Roger Bacon with the exception of the Art Scholarship. If you are interested in applying for the Art Scholarship, please follow the directions below.
The Clifford & Betty Dannenfelser Art Scholarship
We encourage 8th grade students to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to win a scholarship for creating beautiful art.
Art Scholarship Rules
- Scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 school year, which will be applied to freshman tuition only.
- In order to enter the competition, applicants must complete the following portfolio of works by December 8, 2017:
- Create a self portrait. Portrait should be of your head and shoulders completed in pencil or ink. Shade the drawing.
- Create a drawing of 3-5 objects placed together in a group. Draw them carefully, paying attention to objects sizes, shapes, and tones.
Shade the still life drawing.
- Include drawings, paintings (in color), collages, crafts (clay, fabric, papier-mâché) or small sculptures if available that show your personal
style and creativity.
- The above should be created on plain paper. No lined, ruler paper, please.
- No Cartoon drawings, please.
- Work should be your best art pieces.
- Applicants must bring the above portfolio and a complete application to the main office at Roger Bacon High School on or before December 8,
2017. Work should be placed in a manila mailing envelope or a paper/plastic portfolio.
- Applicants are responsible for picking up their portfolios at Roger Bacon High School. Portfolios should be picked up by the end of January
in the main office of Roger Bacon High School.
- Winner must register to attend Roger Bacon for the 2018-2019 school year and must schedule art for their freshman year. It is strongly recommended
the student take at least one art course each of the following school years.
- The Judges’ decision of winners is final.
- Only the winners will be notified in January.
For questions, please contact Emily Bruns at ebruns/at/rogerbacon.org.
Art Scholarship Application