- Regular Schedule
- Freshmen Service Day (1/4 Class)
- College Visit: Northern Kentucky University
- Community Outreach Project: Food Pantry @ St. Clement
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Purcell
- Regular Schedule
- College Visit: Walsh University
- Community Outreach Project: Care Pax (ITC during Flex)
- PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in the ITC)
- Varsity Cross Country (MVC Championships) @ Voice of America Park
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs Cincinnati Country Day (Senior Night)
- Regular Schedule
- PSAT (Sophomore and Junior Assisi Scholars)
- College Visit: Marian University (Room 22)
- College Visit: Stetson University (East-wing Conference Room)
- Flex Mass (Intentions of the Boys & Girls Soccer Teams)
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs Mercy McAuley (Senior Night)
- Regular Schedule
- Coffee with Christ (7:20 am in the Spiritual Life Office)
- College Visit: Roanoke College
- Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in the ITC)
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Badin
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ McNicholas
- Regular Schedule
- End of 1st Quarter
- Varsity Football @ Summit Country Day
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs Fenwick
- Community Outreach Project: Trash OTR
- Wrestling will have open mats on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00 - 5:00 pm in the multipurpose room of the Fitness Center
starting Tuesday, October 11th until the start of the season.
- The American Sign Language (ASL) Club meets every Wednesday after school from 2:50 - 3:45 pm in room 30.
- Attention Roger Bacon SMARTans! Anyone interested in being on the Academic Team this year is invited to a meeting during Flex on Tuesday, October 11th in the cafeteria. Email Mr. Smith (email@example.com) or stop by Room 16 if you can’t make it to the meeting or have any questions.
- Community Outreach is now accepting applications for this year's Bacon Buddies. Once a month, Spartans leave during Flex and go to local Catholic grade schools to lead fun activities and discussions. Any student may participate by completing an online application using the following link: https://forms.gle/Kks5sYJ6or3BCcdYA. Applications are being accepted until Wednesday, October 12th.
- There will be a Flex Mass on Wednesday, October 12th in the Our Lady of the Angels Chapel for the intentions of the boys and girls soccer teams. All are welcome!
- French Club will meet after school from 3:00 to 4:45 pm in Room 37 on Thursday, October 13th. Be sure to RSVP to Madame Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend.
- Senior Nights
- October 11th: Girls Volleyball
- October 12th: Girls Soccer
- October 21st: Football/Cheer/Cross Country/RB3
- On Thursday, October 13th, during Coffee with Christ at 7:20 am in the Spiritual Life Office, we will be offering a special prayer for all those on the Kairos retreat. Those who have already attended Kairos are welcome to "Live the Fourth" through prayer for others.
- The National College Fair is being held on Sunday October 16th at Duke Energy Center from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Students should register in advance here: https://www.nacacattend.org/22Cincinnati
. Stay tuned for details on how students can be entered in a drawing to win a gift card for attending!
- Drivers Education classes start on Tuesday, October 18th. Please stop by the Main Office to sign-up and pick up a packet of information. Classes will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4 weeks.
- Roger Bacon, in conjunction with Hoxworth Blood Center, is holding a Blood Drive on Wednesday, October 20th from 8:30 - 11:00 am and 12:30 - 2:30 pm in the Fogarty Center. To schedule an appointment, please see Ms. Knudson in room 34 or contact her at email@example.com. All donors will receive a $5 E-Gift card. Donors must have a photo ID, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be 17+ years old (or 16 years old with a parental permission slip).
- Art Club invites you to a "Pumpkin Carving Party" on Thursday, October 20th in room 57 after school. Bring your own hollowed-out pumpkin to room 57 before school.
- Tutoring Opportunities. Starting October 27, academic support through Math Lab and Peer Tutoring will be available in Flex. Math Lab is offered two days a week during Flex and is required for any student who did not pass first quarter in math class. Math teachers will notify these students which days of the week they will need to report for Math Lab. Students who did not fail math first quarter but would like to attend should talk to their math teacher. Math Lab takes priority over any other Flex requests. Peer Tutoring is sponsored by NHS and takes place Mondays and Thursdays in Flex. To request a peer tutor or to volunteer to be a peer tutor, fill out the Peer Tutor Request form on your iPads. For questions, see Ms. Knudson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Room 34.
Please consider adding Roger Bacon Athletics to your Kroger Plus Card for their Community Rewards program! This does not take long at all to sign up and does not take away any fuel points. We are in 240 households currently and set a goal of getting that to 300 by the end of this school year! Easy steps can be found below.
Here is how to sign up:
- visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- sign in OR create your FREE online account
- Go to “My Account” then select “Community Rewards” on the left tab
- Search for “Roger Bacon Athletic Association” or enter our organization ID which is FL801
Click here to watch a video on how to do this!
- Parents of Student Athletes: On Wednesday, October 19th at 7:00 pm we will host a Student Athlete Information Night. The program will include a presentation from an NCAA Compliance office about athletic scholarships, as well as a panel of RB Alumni student-athletes and parents of student-athletes to share their experiences with the recruiting process.
- The Ohio Knights of Columbus is offering a $1000 scholarship to students who attend an Ohio Catholic high school. Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and have at least a 2.5 GPA. Information and access to the scholarship application is on the Guidance website (under “Academics” on the RB website) and is posted on the Guidance Bulletin Board across from the office. The deadline to apply is November 25, 2022.
- Check for updates on Naviance and register to meet with these College Admissions Representatives. Fall is a great time to visit colleges in person. Seniors have THREE college visit days they can use – remember to get the form signed and turned in to Mr. McCoy one week in advance of your visit.
- Follow the counselors on twitter at @RBGuidance for updates!
Freshmen Service Day
Freshmen year is a time in which Roger Bacon would like to provide students with the opportunity to learn more about our Christian call to serve. This will happen in two parts. First, freshmen had their Freshman Community Day called Koinonia on August 13, 2021 to help them reflect on the connection between faith and service. Second, we divide the freshman class into quarters for a Freshman Service Day. Your child will be participating on an assigned service day in Over-the-Rhine that are:
- September 30, 2022: Accurso - Geraci
- October 10, 2022: Gipson - Lewis
- October 17, 2022: Lowery - Sandoval
- November 4, 2022: Scanlon - Wong
The Sophomore Service Day happens in the second semester. The entire sophomore class participate in service on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Details and sign up will occur the latter part of first semester. Students will receive details via email and theology classes. More information will roll out November of 2022.
Tuesdays with Vincent
- Throughout this year, each junior will service once at the Saint Vincent de Paul near Over-the-Rhine as a pantry escort. They will accompany neighbors in food selection through social interaction. Like Saint Francis of Assisi, this opportunity allows students to reach out and embrace the “lepers” of today – the homeless, the hungry, the struggling. We call this program “Tuesdays with Vincent.”
- Juniors are responsible for signing up for the day they desire that fits their schedule and transportation needs. Any question may be directed to Mr. Zlatic at PZlatic@RogerBacon.org
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Remote Instruction - Expectations
At some point this year, students may need to attend Roger Bacon remotely due to COVID quarantine guidelines. In order to stay caught up with classes while on remote, please use following guidelines:
- A parent or guardian must notify the main office in order for you to be listed as remote for the day.
- To enter a teacher’s Zoom room, click on the link posted in your class bulletin board on SpartanLink.
- If you are waiting to be let in to a teacher’s Zoom room, email email@example.com
ASAP to alert us of this issue so we can get you connected.
- You must have your full, correct name listed in Zoom.
- You must have your video on at all times and microphone on mute unless the teacher asks you to unmute.
- If a you need to step away to use the restroom, use the chat function in Zoom to alert the teacher.
- RB dress code must be observed.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
FLEX is the last period of the day. During this time, students can attend important meetings, complete school work, study, obtain academic help, etc. To ensure this period is as beneficial as possible, please pay attention to several simple rules:
- Electronics: Use of MP3 players, CD players, cell phones, smart watches, wireless headphones (air pods), or use of any other electrical devises are NOT permitted from 7:45 am- 2:45 pm.
- Students should not be watching movies or other entertainment programs through streaming or downloads.
- Students are permitted to listen to music on their iPads, through the use of wired headphones.
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, November 4th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB. The next meeting is Thursday, October 13th at 6:30 pm in the ITC
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at email@example.com or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) updated its COVID-19 guidance for students ahead of the new school year. ODH no longer recommends widespread masking and COVID testing for schools. Instead, state health officials ask people who feel ill to stay home and away from others – just as they would with other illnesses.
We also received operational guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support “safe in-person learning.” The CDC no longer recommends quarantining if a person comes into close contact with someone with the virus regardless of vaccination status. The CDC has also dropped its suggestion to keep six feet apart from others.
The CDC provided a variety of strategies for everyday operations to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccinations help people from getting severely ill with COVID-19. Roger Bacon does not require students or staff to be vaccinated to attend school or participate in school activities and extracurriculars.
- Stay Home When Sick. Families are reminded of the importance of keeping students out of the classroom if they are sick. Anyone with symptoms or a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
- Ventilation. Optimizing ventilation and making improvements to indoor air quality reduces the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air. We have made significant improvements to the air quality throughout the school.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette. Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Reinforce coverings coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases. Roger Bacon will provide adequate hand-washing supplies and hand-sanitizing opportunities in classrooms and high-traffic areas throughout school facilities.
- Masking. The wearing of face coverings is not mandated. Parents have the option to have their children wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. Disposable masks will be available at all primary entrances to school facilities.
Positive Test. Individuals who test positive should self-quarantine for 5 days from the day symptoms first appear or the date of the COVID test if the individual is asymptomatic. If after 5 days the individual is asymptomatic (no symptoms), no further quarantine is required.
Exposure. Roger Bacon does not do contact tracing. If someone has been exposed, they should monitor for symptoms. If symptoms persist, recommend consulting your family physician.
Remote Learning. Roger Bacon does not offer full-time remote learning. This option is only available to those students while in a quarantine status.
Sports. The use of face coverings will not be required to attend sporting events. There will not be capacity limits at sporting events.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Oct 19, 2022: Hoxworth Blood Drive / Student-Athlete College Information Night / Board of Directors Meeting
Oct 23, 2022: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 24, 2022: No School
Oct 25, 2022: Early Dismissal (Pre-ACT/Practice ACT/Job Shadowing)
Nov 1, 2022: All School Mass - All Saints Day
Nov 3, 2022: Picture Retake Day
Nov 10, 2022: Veteran’s Day Assembly
Nov 11, 2022: No School - Veterans’ Day
Nov 14, 2022: PTO Meeting
Nov 18-20, 2022: Fall Play
Nov 23-28, 2022: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 8, 2022: All School Mass - Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Dec 8-9, 2022: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 19-20, 2022: First semester exams
Dec 20, 2022: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Dec 21, 2022-Jan 2, 2023: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2023: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 4, 2023: Classes Resume – Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
Jan 16, 2023: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2023: Celebration of Success (8th Graders)
Jan 19, 2023: Early Dismissal - Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19-22, 2023: March for Life
Jan 29-Feb 3, 2023: Catholic Schools Week
Feb 1, 2023: All School Mass / Athletic College Signing Day
Feb 13, 2023: PTO Meeting
Feb 20, 2023: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 22, 2023: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 28, 2023: Early Dismissal - ACT / IOWA Testing
Mar 10, 2023: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 14, 2023: PTO Meeting
Mar 16-17, 2023: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Mar 17, 2023: No School - Professional Development
Mar 20, 2023: No School
Mar 22, 2023: Career Day
Mar 30-Apr 2: Spring Musical
Apr 3, 2023: PTO Meeting
Apr 5, 2023: No School - Religious In-Service Day
Apr 6-16, 2023: No School - Easter Break
Apr 10-18, 2023: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 22, 2023: Evening For Excellence
Apr 28, 2023: No School - PROM / Professional Development
May 1-12, 2023: AP Testing
May 5, 2023: Fine Arts Festival
May 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
May 12, 2023: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football
May 15-16, 2023: Senior Exams
May 17, 2023: Senior Make-up Exams
May 18, 2023: All School Mass / Senior Lock-In
May 19, 2023: Seniors Last Day
May 21, 2023: Senior Assisi Scholar Banquet
May 22, 2023: Underclass Last Day
May 23, 2023: Underclass Exams/Graduation Practice
May 24, 2023: Underclass Exams
May 25, 2023: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 26, 2023: Graduation
June 6-8, 2023: Kairos