- Regular Schedule
- Sophomore Boys' Discovery Retreat
- College Visit: New York University
- Regular Schedule
- Sophomore Girls' Discovery Retreat
- College Visit: University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Varsity Girls Tennis vs Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy @ Ross Park
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
- Regular Schedule
- Grandparents' Day
- Varsity Girls Volleyball @ Mercy McAuley
- Regular Schedule
- College Visit: University of Dayton
- Varsity Girls Tennis @ Norwood
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs Norwood
- Varsity Boys Golf vs Finneytown @ The Mill Course
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
- Regular Schedule
- Varsity Football @ Norwood
- Varsity Cross Country (Princeton Invitational) @ Landmark Church
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Wyoming
- Varsity Girls Soccer @ Chaminade Julienne
- Community Service Opportunity: Trash OTR
- Open House signs are available for pickup in our Admissions Office. Please take a sign home and display it in your yard, at your church, or in your neighborhood. Our Open House is on Sunday, October 23rd
from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
- The sophomore class will attend the Discovery Retreat held at Camp Campbell Gard where students will engage in a day of team building and faith development. They will have an opportunity to participate in a ropes course for part of the day, designed to empower and challenge kids all while supporting and encouraging each other. The other part of the day will be spent in small group, led by senior leaders, exploring, and discussing what it means to be men and women of good character, as God calls us to be. All the students will be accompanied by teachers who give talks and assist with the facilitation of the day. The boys will attend on Monday, September 19th and the girls on Tuesday, September 20th. The event is sure to be filled with personal and communal growth.
- To accommodate our guests for Grandparents' Day on Wednesday, September 21st, there is no student or staff parking in the side and back parking lots. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.
- There is no school for students on Monday, September 26th. The faculty and staff have a professional development day.
- All students who are interested in swimming for Roger Bacon this year, please plan on attending an informational meeting on Tuesday, September 27th during Flex in the Fogarty Center. Any questions, please contact Coach Schomaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grade School Nights:
- Volleyball vs. SCD: Tuesday, September 27th at 6:30 pm
- Football vs. CHCA: Friday, September 30th at 7:00 pm
- Save the date! We will be hosting a Virtual Financial Aid Night on September 27th at 7:00 pm. Michael Garcia, Associate Director of Admissions at Xavier University, will be presenting on the financial aid process for students applying to college. We strongly encourage all seniors to attend. Please register in advance: https://admissions.xavier.edu/register/rogerbaconfinaidnight22
- Roger Bacon High School's Cross Country team will host the First Annual Spartan Mile on Saturday, October 8th at 8:00 am. Join the cross country team for a one-mile race as we gear up for our final weeks of the season! After the high school race, there will be a Kids Race and Open Race for alumni, family/friends, and community members. The races will take place at Ross Park - 5198 City Park Drive, St. Bernard, OH 45217. For more information, contact Head Coach Christine Ochs-Naderer at email@example.com.
- Drivers Education classes start on Tuesday, October 18th. Please stop by the Main Office to sign-up and pick up a packet of information. Classes will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4 weeks.
- The Cincinnati area Franciscan family welcomes you to celebrate Transitus, the passing of St. Francis of Assisi on October 3rd at 7:00 pm at the St. Anthony Friary & Shrine (5000 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45223). The St. Anthony Friary community will host a reception after the service.
Grandparents Appreciation Day
On Wednesday, September 21st, Roger Bacon will be hosting its annual Grandparents Appreciation Day. This special day honors and thanks those grandparents who have given a rich tradition of Catholic education and strong values to their families and to our school community.
The day begins with registration at 7:30 am, followed by Mass at 8:30 am. A reception with a continental breakfast will follow immediately after Mass. At approximately 9:45 am, our freshmen students will accompany their grandparents on a tour of the Roger Bacon campus. We expect the event to conclude at 10:50 am so that students can report to their 4th period classes.
Both the side and east parking lots of the school will be available for our guests. There is easy access to an elevator for those who need it.
If you have any questions, please contact Bro. Gene Mayer, OFM at 513-641-1313, extension 1191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture Day is Tuesday, September 27th. Pictures will be taken in the Fogarty Center during bells 1 - 4. Students have been given order form packets.
- Everyone (freshmen through seniors) will have their picture taken. If you wish to purchase pictures, please complete the order form and bring it back on Picture Day with payment. If you are not planning to buy pictures, students will have a free photo taken for the yearbook. (Note: You may also order photos at a later time with a code provided on the envelope. Every student will get an envelope back.)
- Seniors: Picture Day on September 27th is your only chance to have a free picture taken. Executive Studios does not take senior retakes at school. If you are going to have your picture taken with Executive Studios (at their studio), you do not have to have your picture taken on Picture Day. If Executive Studios has not taken your photo, even if you have had your senior photo taken by another photographer or company, you must get a yearbook photo on Picture Day. This photo will be taken free of charge on Picture Day!
- Dress Code - Ladies
- Dress, romper/jumpsuit, or skirt of appropriate length (same expectations as the school skirt) or dress pants.
- You are permitted to wear your school skirt or pants as your picture will only be taken from waist up.
- No stretch pants, leggings or tight pants or jeans of any kind.
- Make sure shoulders are covered and the top is not low cut.
- Clothing cannot contain words or graphics.
- Dress Code - Gentlemen
- Dress pants; no jeans or stretch pants
- Collared shirt with tie (jackets are optional). If you do not own a tie, please let Ms. Krebs know as soon as possible.
- Clothing cannot contain words or graphics.
- Please contact Mr. McCoy (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the outfit you plan to wear.
Gift Gathering Party to Support EFE
The Roger Bacon community is invited to a Gift Gathering Party to support Roger Bacon’s Evening for Excellence (EFE). The party will take place on Saturday, October 8th, from 7:00pm - 11:00pm at the Guyer’s house (2390 Section Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45237). The cost is $35 per person. Please Register Here.
Appetizers and drinks are provided. The orchestra will play from 7:00 - 10:00 pm. Please bring a live or silent auction item for EFE.
Parking is available but limited, so please carpool or Uber. Tickets are limited to 150 so please sign up as soon as possible.
There will be a Costume Contest and Split the Pot.
Hosted by: Steve & Christine Guyer; Jason & Marcie Ernst; Chris & Angela Hillebrand; Scott & Joy Mumper; Ryan & Nikki Smith; Keith & Emily Weigand, and Ryan & Katie Weigand
- The Ohio Knights of Columbus is offering a $1000 scholarship to students who attend an Ohio Catholic high school. Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and have at least a 2.5 GPA. Information and access to the scholarship application is on the Guidance website (under “Academics” on the RB website) and is posted on the Guidance Bulletin Board across from the office. The deadline to apply is November 25, 2022.
- Parents of Seniors: On Tuesday, September 27th at 7:00 pm we will host a Virtual College Financial Aid Night. A recording of the presentation will be available on our website if you are not able to attend.
- Parents of Student Athletes: On Wednesday, October 19th at 7:00 pm we will host a Student Athlete Information Night. The program will include a presentation from an NCAA Compliance office about athletic scholarships, as well as a panel of RB Alumni student-athletes and parents of student-athletes to share their experiences with the recruiting process.
- Check for updates on Naviance and register to meet with these College Admissions Representatives. Fall is a great time to visit colleges in person. Seniors have THREE college visit days they can use – remember to get the form signed and turned in to Mr. McCoy one week in advance of your visit.
- Follow the counselors on twitter at @RBGuidance for updates!
Freshmen Service Day
Freshmen year is a time in which Roger Bacon would like to provide students with the opportunity to learn more about our Christian call to serve. This will happen in two parts. First, freshmen had their Freshman Community Day called Koinonia on August 13, 2021 to help them reflect on the connection between faith and service. Second, we will divide the freshman class into quarters for a Freshman Service Day. Information was sent home on August 18, 2021. Your child will be participating on an assigned service day in Over-the-Rhine that are:
- September 30, 2022: Accurso - Geraci
- October 10, 2022: Gipson - Lewis
- October 17, 2022: Lowery - Sandoval
- November 4, 2022: Scanlon - Wong
The Sophomore Service Day happens in the second semester. The entire sophomore class participate in service on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Details and sign up will occur the latter part of first semester. Students will receive details via email and theology classes. More information will roll out November of 2022.
Tuesdays with Vincent
- Throughout this year, each junior will service once at the Saint Vincent de Paul near Over-the-Rhine as a pantry escort. They will accompany neighbors in food selection through social interaction. Like Saint Francis of Assisi, this opportunity allows students to reach out and embrace the “lepers” of today – the homeless, the hungry, the struggling. We call this program “Tuesdays with Vincent.”
- Juniors will sign up via a sign-up genius, which was e-mailed to them Wednesday, August 25th to select ONE DAY on a Tuesday. By now, you have received their permission form. Please select for them to drive/carpool with another student OR use the school provided transportation. Juniors are responsible for signing up for the day they desire that fits their schedule and transportation needs. Any question may be directed to Mr. Zlatic at PZlatic@RogerBacon.org
Community Service Opportunities. For a comprehensive guide to Roger Bacon’s Community Service program click here. You can email our department with any questions at: Outreach@RogerBacon.org.
Remote Instruction - Expectations
At some point this year, students may need to attend Roger Bacon remotely due to COVID quarantine guidelines. In order to stay caught up with classes while on remote, please use following guidelines:
- A parent or guardian must notify the main office in order for you to be listed as remote for the day.
- To enter a teacher’s Zoom room, click on the link posted in your class bulletin board on SpartanLink.
- If you are waiting to be let in to a teacher’s Zoom room, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP to alert us of this issue so we can get you connected.
- You must have your full, correct name listed in Zoom.
- You must have your video on at all times and microphone on mute unless the teacher asks you to unmute.
- If a you need to step away to use the restroom, use the chat function in Zoom to alert the teacher.
- RB dress code must be observed.
- All disciplinary expectations will be followed (no sleeping, no chewing gum or eating, etc.).
FLEX is the last period of the day. During this time, students can attend important meetings, complete school work, study, obtain academic help, etc. To ensure this period is as beneficial as possible, please pay attention to several simple rules:
- Electronics: Use of MP3 players, CD players, cell phones, smart watches, wireless headphones (air pods), or use of any other electrical devises are NOT permitted from 7:45 am- 2:45 pm.
- Students should not be watching movies or other entertainment programs through streaming or downloads.
- Students are permitted to listen to music on their iPads, through the use of wired headphones.
- First Friday Mass. Mass is at 8:15 am in the Carol Dauwe Fine Arts Center. Pastries and coffee are served after Mass. We usually have 40-50 OLA and RB alums, friends and relatives on a regular basis. Contact a fellow alum and enjoy a morning of prayer and fellowship. Reservations are not necessary. The next First Friday Mass is Friday, October 7th.
- Alumni Association Meetings. All alums are welcome to come and help support the students at RB. The next meeting is Thursday, October 13th at 6:30 pm in the ITC
- Bron Bacevich Memorial Engraved Bricks. Support the Roger Bacon/OLA Alumni Association by purchasing a brick which can be designated for placement in the new stadium. For more information, contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com.
- WG Grinders partners with MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch service software and payments. MySchoolAccount.com offers you the ability to make deposits directly into your student’s account online or via their mobile app. Here you can track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made through ACH (checking/savings) or credit/debit card. We will still accept checks sent to the school (made out to WG Grinders), credit card payments at the register, and cash. Each child’s account will be updated in real time, so account balance information will be current daily.
- Questions? Contact Mark Jones, IT Director, WG Grinders Catering and Cafeteria Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (937) 760-7346.
- An important part of our safety plan is ensuring that students who are sick are not permitted to come to school. If you are sick, please stay home. Check the temperature of students before leaving home. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees of higher should stay at home.
- Students are not permitted to carry any medications (except for inhalers and epi pens). Tylenol and Ibuprofen are available to students in the nurse’s office. All other medications needed during school hours are to be kept in the nurse’s office and a Medication Authorization Form completed and signed by their physician. This form is available on the school website in Health Services or contact the nurse.
- Senior students must submit documentation of receiving their Meningitis vaccine. If you have not yet done so, please send an updated vaccine record to the nurse. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Karin Herold, via email or leave a voice message 513-641-1300, ext 1140.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) updated its COVID-19 guidance for students ahead of the new school year. ODH no longer recommends widespread masking and COVID testing for schools. Instead, state health officials ask people who feel ill to stay home and away from others – just as they would with other illnesses.
We also received operational guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support “safe in-person learning.” The CDC no longer recommends quarantining if a person comes into close contact with someone with the virus regardless of vaccination status. The CDC has also dropped its suggestion to keep six feet apart from others.
The CDC provided a variety of strategies for everyday operations to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccinations help people from getting severely ill with COVID-19. Roger Bacon does not require students or staff to be vaccinated to attend school or participate in school activities and extracurriculars.
- Stay Home When Sick. Families are reminded of the importance of keeping students out of the classroom if they are sick. Anyone with symptoms or a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
- Ventilation. Optimizing ventilation and making improvements to indoor air quality reduces the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air. We have made significant improvements to the air quality throughout the school.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette. Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Reinforce coverings coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases. Roger Bacon will provide adequate hand-washing supplies and hand-sanitizing opportunities in classrooms and high-traffic areas throughout school facilities.
- Masking. The wearing of face coverings is not mandated. Parents have the option to have their children wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. Disposable masks will be available at all primary entrances to school facilities.
Positive Test. Individuals who test positive should self-quarantine for 5 days from the day symptoms first appear or the date of the COVID test if the individual is asymptomatic. If after 5 days the individual is asymptomatic (no symptoms), no further quarantine is required.
Exposure. Roger Bacon does not do contact tracing. If someone has been exposed, they should monitor for symptoms. If symptoms persist, recommend consulting your family physician.
Remote Learning. Roger Bacon does not offer full-time remote learning. This option is only available to those students while in a quarantine status.
Sports. The use of face coverings will not be required to attend sporting events. There will not be capacity limits at sporting events.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept 26, 2022: No School - Faculty Professional Development
Sept 27, 2022: Picture Day / Financial Aid Night / Grade School Night - Volleyball
Sept 30, 2022: Grade School Night - Football
Oct 4, 2022: All School Mass - Feast of St. Francis
Oct 11, 2022: PTO Meeting
Oct 13, 2022: Alumni Association Meeting
Oct 14, 2022: End of 1st Quarter
Oct 19, 2022: Hoxworth Blood Drive / Student-Athlete College Information Night
Oct 23, 2022: OPEN HOUSE
Oct 24, 2022: No School
Oct 25, 2022: Early Dismissal (Pre-ACT/Practice ACT/Job Shadowing)
Nov 1, 2022: All School Mass - All Saints Day
Nov 10, 2022: Veteran’s Day Assembly
Nov 11, 2022: No School - Veterans’ Day
Nov 14, 2022: PTO Meeting
Nov 18-20, 2022: Fall Play
Nov 23-28, 2022: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 8, 2022: All School Mass - Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Dec 8-9, 2022: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Dec 19-20, 2022: First semester exams
Dec 20, 2022: End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
Dec 21, 2022-Jan 2, 2023: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 3, 2023: No School - Professional Development / Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 4, 2023: Classes Resume – Exam Make-Up Day
Jan 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
Jan 16, 2023: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan 18, 2023: Celebration of Success (8th Graders)
Jan 19, 2023: Early Dismissal - Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 19-22, 2023: March for Life
Jan 29-Feb 3, 2023: Catholic Schools Week
Feb 1, 2023: All School Mass / Athletic College Signing Day
Feb 13, 2023: PTO Meeting
Feb 20, 2023: No School - Presidents’ Day
Feb 22, 2023: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Feb 28, 2023: Early Dismissal - ACT / IOWA Testing
Mar 10, 2023: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 14, 2023: PTO Meeting
Mar 16-17, 2023: Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Mar 17, 2023: No School - Professional Development
Mar 20, 2023: No School
Mar 22, 2023: Career Day
Mar 30-Apr 2: Spring Musical
Apr 3, 2023: PTO Meeting
Apr 5, 2023: No School - Religious In-Service Day
Apr 6-16, 2023: No School - Easter Break
Apr 10-18, 2023: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage
Apr 22, 2023: Evening For Excellence
Apr 28, 2023: No School - PROM / Professional Development
May 1-12, 2023: AP Testing
May 5, 2023: Fine Arts Festival
May 9, 2023: PTO Meeting
May 12, 2023: Go Local / Michaela Farms / Powderpuff Football
May 15-16, 2023: Senior Exams
May 17, 2023: Senior Make-up Exams
May 18, 2023: All School Mass / Senior Lock-In
May 19, 2023: Seniors Last Day
May 21, 2023: Senior Assisi Scholar Banquet
May 22, 2023: Underclass Last Day
May 23, 2023: Underclass Exams/Graduation Practice
May 24, 2023: Underclass Exams
May 25, 2023: Baccalaureate Evening Mass & Awards
May 26, 2023: Graduation
June 6-8, 2023: Kairos