Click to View the Week of October 30
- Friars Club is looking for tutors to help with young students, grades 2-7, at their Learning Center. This is a great opportunity to do community service on our campus and help another Franciscan ministry. Please contact Fr. Roger if you are interested.-Halloween. Be sure to come dressed to impress on Tuesday, October 31st with your Halloween spooky spirit! Tuesday is a Halloween costume dress down day! Of course, it must be school appropriate. There will be $25 gift card prizes awarded to the winner of the most creative, best dynamic duo, as well as the funniest/silliest! Teachers be sure to join in on the festivities - there will be a prize for the best costume! Remember:
- No masks!
- Please be school appropriate. If you have to ask, it probably isn't!!
- Spanish Club is meeting on Tuesday, October 31st after school to set up ofrenda.
- Baseball conditioning starts on Tuesday, October 31st. Tuesday's session will begin at 4:30 pm in the Fitness Center weight room. The regular weekly conditioning schedule is Mondays and Thursdays after school and Tuesdays at 7:00 pm.
- Parents: Please join Coach Mike Blaut and the football staff on Thursday, November 2nd at the Celebrity Coaches Classic held at Clovernook Country Club from 6:30 - 9:00 pm. Coach will speak on the direction of the football program with head coaches from Moeller, St X, Northwest, LaSalle, Elder and Colerain. The event is emceed by Bill "Seg" Dennison from WLW. There is a friendly competition between the coaches as they try to collect the most "tip" money to win the coveted Coaches Crystal Trophy and bragging rights for the year. All money raised benefits Nate's Toy Box, a local charity that provides toys to children who normally do not have the means to have a nice Christmas. Please attend and show the city that the best "small school" in the city has as much support as the big schools, as well as help out a worthy cause.
-- Fall Band Concert. Our first concert of the 2017-18 Music Season is on Thursday, November 2nd at 7:30 pm.
Join us in the Fine Arts Center to see RB3 LIVE. If you haven't been able to make it to Battle of the Bands, this is your chance to see RB3, for free,
right here at Roger Bacon. Our Fall Concert will have all the lights and effects of a rock show, and feature songs from both Round 1 and Round 2 of
Battle of the Bands, plus all the favorites. Don't miss RB3 in concert!
- Applications for the 2018 March for Life trip to Washington D.C. are available in the Spiritual Life Office (Room 21). The trip is from January 18 - 21, 2018. Applications with a $50 deposit are due by Friday, November 3rd.
- RB3 in Round 2 of Battle of the Bands. Our very own rock band, RB3, continues in the Battle of the Bands competition in Round 2 at The Underground on Saturday, November 4th at 7:00 pm. After winning our first round with the help of a great Spartan crowd, we will need your audience vote to help us move on to the semifinals. Pre-sale tickets are on sale at school for $8; tickets also available at the door for $10. See Mr. Montgomery for more details.
- Attention all students: If you missed the mission trip information meeting and would like to learn more about these opportunities, please see Mrs. Ausere. Mission trip applications are due to the Spiritual Life Office no later than Monday, November 6th.
- What do Kevin Hart, Oprah, Justin Timberlake, and P Diddy have in common? They are all runners! Whether you’re an experienced athlete looking to stay
in shape over the winter months, or you want to try running for the very first time, winter running club is for you. Winter Running Club will
meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from November to February. Join us for our first meeting and run on Monday, November 6th at 3:00 pm in Room 34. Bring weather-appropriate clothing – we will run outside! If you have questions, contact Mrs. Ochs-Naderer.
- Bowling tryouts will be November 6th and 7th from 3:30 - 5:00 pm at Colerain Bowl. Please email head coach Chris Miller with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent/teacher conferences will be held Thursday, November 9th, from 3:00 to 8:00 pm. All parents are encouraged to arrange times to meet with as many of your child’s teachers as possible. Parents may begin scheduling conferences on Wednesday, November 1st. Scheduling can be accomplished on the school website or by calling the main office.
If you schedule online through the website (the preferred method),you will need your SpartanLink Parent ID and student birthdate (i.e. 02-21-2016). Under the “Students and Parents” section, there will be a button entitled “Schedule a Teacher Conference.” Click on this button and follow the instructions. Once your conference has been confirmed, your appointment cannot be changed online -- you will have to call the main office at (513) 641-1300 to make changes.
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
This is a unique opportunity to recognize community service. High school students who have volunteered in the past year can earn local, state and national honors -- in addition to cash awards and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C. Application deadline is November 7th! Complete details and the application are available at https://spirit.prudential.com.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood
cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. Our Community Outreach Board is recruiting hairless heroes who will bravely undergo being shorn
to help conquer childhood cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight
inches cut (women’s hair will be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery
for that Hero. Ticket sales continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018)
students who purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed
barbers/stylists). These shorn Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00
each or 3 ticket for $5.00. Think about how your hair can save lives and sign up during flex in SLO (the Spiritual Life Office).
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: November 13th; December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: November 6th; December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2017.
Below is a list of the schools and when they will be visiting. Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets will be available outside of Guidance soon!
|November 2||Flex||Ball State University|
|November 3||Flex||Cincinnati State|
|November 6||Flex||Youngstown State University|
|November 7||Flex||Xavier University|
|November 13||Flex||Miami University, Oxford, OH|
|November 14||Flex||University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash|
|November 20||Flex||Christ School of Nursing|
|November 21||Flex||Central State University|
Evening for ExcellencePlease continue selling tickets for the Evening for Excellence Grand Raffle - grand prize is a new JEEP Compass! Tickets cost $50 each or 5 for $200. We will continue to sell tickets until November 4th when we will draw the winner’s name at the Evening for Excellence. Students are selling tickets too. Each student has received two tickets, but may have more. For every two tickets a student sells, his/her name will be entered to win $250. The top student seller will receive $500!
Drama GuildDrama Guild News:
- Tickets are on sale NOW for our fall production of Steel Magnolias. Call 513-641-1300 (ext. 12687) or email email@example.com to order! Show dates and prices are as follows:
November 17th and 18th - 7:30 pm
November 19th - 2:00 pm
$10 - Adults
$8 - Senior Citizens/Non-RB Students
FREE - RB Students/Children (10 and under)
Play Schedule for the week of 10/30/17:
Tuesday, 10/31: 3:15 - 5:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Act II
Wednesday, 11/1: 3:15 - 6:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Act II, OFF BOOK
Thursday, 11/2: 3:15 - 5:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Show
**The full schedule can be found on our website!**
|Monday||Oct 30||No School - Staff Professional Development Day
|Tuesday||Oct 31||Regular Schedule
Dress Down Day - Halloween Costumes
|Wednesday||Nov 01||Mass Schedule - All Saints Day
Seniors Off-Campus Lunch
|Thursday||Nov 02||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Ball State
|Friday||Nov 03||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Cincinnati State
First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
Dress Down Day - Assist-a-Family
|Saturday||Nov 04||Evening for Excellence|
|Sunday||Nov 05||No Activities Scheduled
Daylight Savings Time Ends
November 09: Early Dismissal - Veterans' Day Assembly
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
February 28: Assembly Schedule - Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)