Click to View the Week of November 6
- The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2017.
- Tickets for Steel Magnolias will be on sale during both lunches from November 6th to November 16th! Roger Bacon students are free, but make sure to reserve your seats with friends, as seating is assigned. Non-Roger Bacon students and senior citizens are $8 and adults are $10. Don’t be bashful!
- Interested in swimming for Roger Bacon? Please come and check it out this week. Practices are Monday through Friday from
5:30 - 7:30 pm at the St. Bernard High School swimming pool. Please contact Coach Schomaker with any additional questions at email@example.com.
- Friars Club is looking for tutors to help with young students, grades 2-7, at their Learning Center.
This is a great opportunity to do community service on our campus and help another Franciscan ministry. Please contact Fr. Roger if you are interested.
- Baseball conditioning is Mondays and Thursdays after school and Tuesdays at 7:00 pm.
- Attention all students: If you missed the mission trip information meeting and would like to learn more about these opportunities, please see Mrs. Ausere. Mission trip applications are due to the Spiritual Life Office no later than Monday, November 6th.
- What do Kevin Hart, Oprah, Justin Timberlake, and P Diddy have in common? They are all runners! Whether you’re an experienced athlete looking to stay in shape over the winter months, or you want to try running for the very first time, winter running club is for you. Winter Running Club will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from November to February. Join us for our first meeting and run on Monday, November 6th at 3:00 pm in Room 34. Bring weather-appropriate clothing – we will run outside! If you have questions, contact Mrs. Ochs-Naderer.
- Bowling tryouts are November 6th and 7th from 3:30 - 5:00 pm at Colerain Bowl. Please email head coach Chris Miller with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent/teacher conferences will be held Thursday, November 9th, from 3:00 to 8:00 pm. All parents are encouraged to arrange times to meet with as many of your child’s teachers as possible. Parents may begin scheduling conferences on Wednesday, November 1st. Scheduling can be accomplished on the school website or by calling the main office.
If you schedule online through the website (the preferred method),you will need your SpartanLink Parent ID and student birthdate (i.e. 02-21-2016). Under the “Students and Parents” section, there will be a button entitled “Schedule a Teacher Conference.” Click on this button and follow the instructions. Once your conference has been confirmed, your appointment cannot be changed online -- you will have to call the main office at (513) 641-1300 to make changes.
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
This is a unique opportunity to recognize community service. High school students who have volunteered in the past year can earn local, state and national honors -- in addition to cash awards and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C. Application deadline is November 7th! Complete details and the application are available at https://spirit.prudential.com.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. Our Community Outreach Board is recruiting hairless heroes who will bravely undergo being shorn to help conquer childhood cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight inches cut (women’s hair will be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery for that Hero. Ticket sales continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018) students who purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed barbers/stylists). These shorn Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00 each or 3 ticket for $5.00. Think about how your hair can save lives and sign up during flex in SLO (the Spiritual Life Office).
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: November 13th; December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: November 6th; December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2017.
Below is a list of the schools and when they will be visiting. Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets will be available outside of Guidance soon!
|November 6||Flex||Youngstown State University|
|November 7||Flex||Xavier University|
|November 13||Flex||Miami University, Oxford, OH|
|November 14||Flex||University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash|
|November 17||Flex||Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)|
|November 20||Flex||Christ School of Nursing|
|November 21||Flex||Central State University|
Drama GuildDrama Guild News:
November 17th and 18th - 7:30 pm
November 19th - 2:00 pm
$10 - Adults
$8 - Senior Citizens/Non-RB Students
FREE - RB Students/Children (10 and under)
Play Schedule for the week of 11/06/17:
Monday, 11/6: 3:00 - 7:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Full Show
Tuesday, 11/7: 3:00 - 7:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Full Show
Wednesday, 11/8: 3:00 - 7:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Full Show
Thursday, 11/9: 2:00 - 4:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Run Trouble Spots
Saturday, 11/11: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - FAC - ALL Cast/Crew - Tech Saturday
**The full schedule can be found on our website!**
|Monday||Nov 06||Regular Schedule
College Visit - Youngstown State
Service Opportunity: Archbishop Leibold Home
|Tuesday||Nov 07||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Xavier University
Varsity Academic Team vs Alter/Purcell @ Cincinnati State
|Wednesday||Nov 08||Regular Schedule
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
|Thursday||Nov 09||Early Dismissal Schedule
Veterans' Day Assembly
Parent/Teacher Conferences (3:00 - 8:00 pm)
|Friday||Nov 10||No School - Veterans' Day|
|Saturday||Nov 11||No Activities Scheduled|
|Sunday||Nov 12||No Activities Scheduled
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
February 28: Assembly Schedule - Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)