Click to View the Week of November 27
- The Spirit Shop will be closed on Thursday, November 30th.
- To help with your Christmas gift giving decisions, the Spirit Shop will be open Tuesday, December 12th and Thursday, December 14th from 5:00 - 8:00 pm. Please take advantage of this great opportunity to help Santa!!
- Join the Drama Guild on Wednesday the 29th for their November meeting. We will watch a Christmas musical classic while eating
a sweet treat! Come to socialize and get into the holiday mood starting at 3:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center.
- Are you organized, responsible and looking for a challenge? The Drama Guild is looking for leaders in the areas of Set, Hair/Makeup, Lights, Sound, Costume and Publicity for their upcoming production of Beauty and the Beast. If being the head of a crew for this challenging show interests you, applications
can be picked up in Room 56 - they are due by December 4th. See Ms. Murray with any questions.
- If you enjoyed the Drama Guild's productions of Oklahoma! and Steel Magnolias and want to try out to be in the cast or crew for
Beauty and the Beast, informational meetings are coming soon. Be Our Guest and take the plunge and do something different and
rewarding during your four years in high school!
- Are you interested in law, criminal justice, or just want to join a club? RB’s all new Mock Trial Team is for you! Join us as we follow
and replicate a real, current court case through practices and competitions. We are being advised by an attorney who will help us win the case. Commitment
times depend on the position you hold in the case, and meetings will be held after school or during flex. Email Ms. Pacak for more details! We hope to see you with us in the courtroom!
- The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 scholarship
is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply has been extended to Thursday, November 30th. PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNTIY!
- Every Friday during Flex, there will be rotating spiritual opportunities for all grades in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Art, rosary,
Lectio Divina, faith sharing and yoga meditation are just a few of the opportunities. Can't wait to see you there!
Kroger Community Rewards
Did you know you can raise money for Roger Bacon Boosters every time you shop at Kroger? Below is a link with instructions on how just scanning your Kroger Plus Card can help raise funds for RB! Here is how:
- Visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- Sign in or create your FREE online account
- New users – enter in all information including Kroger Plus Card # OR Alternate ID and under community rewards enter our “Organization Number” = 81504 OR enter Roger Bacon Athletic Association under the “Organization Name”
- Existing users – go to account summary in your profile and follow the information above in #3
Thank you for your support of Roger Bacon Athletics!
Breakfast with Santa Claus
The Roger Bacon High School Alumni Association cordially invites your family to attend Breakfast with Santa Claus on Saturday, December 9, 2017. Doors open at 9:00 am with crafts and interactive train display. Cost is $10.00 per person (Children 2 and under are free). Mail reservations to: Roger Bacon High School – 4320 Vine Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217, Attention: Breakfast with Santa. Please RSVP by December 4, 2017. Questions? Call Sue Huerkamp at (513) 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood
cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. We have 54 students who will bravely undergo being shorn to help conquer childhood
cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight inches cut (women’s hair will
be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery for that Hero. Ticket sales
continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018) students who
purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed barbers/stylists).
These Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00.
Freshmen Service Community Day. The break down, by last name, for the remaining Freshmen Service Day is as follows: December 1, 2017 -- Josiah Schofield through Haoqin Zhang
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
Scholarship Opportunities: There are many scholarship opportunities for seniors as well as underclassmen. Check the Guidance website for
College Visits. As fall visits are winding down, be on the lookout for more visits in the Spring! Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets will be posted outside of Guidance.
|Monday||Nov 27||No School - Thanksgiving Break
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Mt. Healthy
|Tuesday||Nov 28||Regular Schedule
Varsity Academic Team vs McNicholas/Mercy @ Cincinnati State
Varsity Bowling vs Alter @ Poelking Lanes Woodman
|Wednesday||Nov 29||Regular Schedule
|Thursday||Nov 30||Regular Schedule
Varsity Girls Basketball @ Shroder
Varsity Bowling vs Purcell @ Colerain Bowl
|Friday||Dec 01||Regular Schedule
First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Madiera
|Saturday||Dec 02||Varsity Wrestling (Rumble on the River Tournament) @ Taylor
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Northridge
Varsity Swimming (Mason Invitational) @ Mason
Varsity Boys Bowling (Big Blue Challenge) @ Fairfield Lanes
|Sunday||Dec 03||Varsity Girls Bowling (Big Blue Challenge) @ Fairfield Lanes|
December 05: Sacrament of Reconciliation Service
December 09: Breakfast with Santa
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18: Sports Stag - Early Dismissal
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 01: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
March 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
March 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
March 15: Band/Choir Concert
March 16: End of 3rd Quarter
March 20: ACT
March 21 - 23: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
March 28: Fashion Show
March 29: No School - Staff Professional Development
March 29 - April 06: No School - Easter Break
April 10: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
April 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
April 25: Joseph Kneip Award Ceremony
April 27: No School - Staff Professional Development
April 28: Alumni Awards Ceremony (FAC)
May 04: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 07: AP Psychology Test
May 08: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Physics I Test
May 09: AP English Literature and Composition Test
AP Physics II Test
May 10: AP US Government Test
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 11: Senior Picnic
AP US History Test
May 14: AP Biology Test
May 15: AP Calculus AB Test
AP Computer Science Test
May 16: High School & Elementary School Band Concert (FAC)
AP English Language and Composition Test
AP Macroeconomics Test
May 17: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Statistics Test
May 18: Seniors Last Day
May 21 - 22: Senior Final Exams
May 25: Last Day of Class - Early Dismissal
May 28: No School - Memorial Day
May 29 - 30: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: End of 4th Quarter
Graduation Mass / Breakfast
June 01: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
June 04 - 12: Jamaica Mission Trip
June 05 - 07: Kairos
June 09: ACT Testing
August 05 - 13: New Orleans Mission Trip