Click to View the Week of November 20
- Seniors: Jostens will be here on Monday, November 20th during lunch to collect your graduation announcement orders.
See Mrs. Wilson in the main office if you still need a packet.
- Gymnastics meeting/tryouts are Tuesday, November 21st at 6:00 pm at the Powel Crosley, Jr. YMCA (9601 Winton Rd.)
- Are you interested in law, criminal justice, or just want to join a club? RB’s all new Mock Trial Team is for you! Join us as we follow and replicate a real, current court case through practices and competitions. We are being advised by an attorney who will help us win the case. Commitment times depend on the position you hold in the case, and meetings will be held after school or during flex. Email Ms. Pacak for more details! We hope to see you with us in the courtroom!
- On Tuesday, November 20th there will be an all call during Flex for Ultimate Frisbee, which will be starting in the Spring. If you are interested, would like to sign up, or just have any questions about our Ultimate Frisbee team, you are encouraged to come to room 39 during Flex or email our captains Joe King and John Gruter.
- Feeling stressed? Want to learn more about how to manage that stress? Come to the Stress Management Presentation by the
Roger Bacon Guidance Department on Tuesday, November 21st during Flex in the Fine Arts Center. Please bring your iPad for a
- Join us for our first ever Writing Club meeting on Monday, November 20th from 3:00 - 3:45 pm in Lab A. The goal of
this club is to help each other become better writers by sharing our work and giving helpful tips and critiques. Snacks will be served.
- The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 scholarship
is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply has been extended to Thursday, November 30th. PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNTIY!
- Every Friday during Flex, there will be rotating spiritual opportunities for all grades in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Art, rosary,
Lectio Divina, faith sharing and yoga meditation are just a few of the opportunities. Can't wait to see you there!
- Thanksgiving break is November 22nd through the 27th!
Breakfast with Santa Claus
The Roger Bacon High School Alumni Association cordially invites your family to attend Breakfast with Santa Claus on Saturday, December 9, 2017. Doors open at 9:00 am with crafts and interactive train display. Cost is $10.00 per person (Children 2 and under are free). Mail reservations to: Roger Bacon High School – 4320 Vine Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217, Attention: Breakfast with Santa. Please RSVP by December 4, 2017. Questions? Call Sue Huerkamp at (513) 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. We have 54 students who will bravely undergo being shorn to help conquer childhood cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight inches cut (women’s hair will be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery for that Hero. Ticket sales continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018) students who purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed barbers/stylists). These shorn Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00 each or 3 ticket for $5.00.
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
Scholarship Opportunities: There are many scholarship opportunities for seniors as well as underclassmen. Check the Guidance
website for details.
As fall visits are winding down, be on the lookout for more visits in the Spring! Below is a list of the schools and when they will be visiting. Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets are posted outside of Guidance.
|November 20||Flex||Christ School of Nursing|
|November 21||Flex||Central State University|
|Monday||Nov 20||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Christ School of Nursing
|Tuesday||Nov 21||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Central State University
|Wednesday||Nov 22||No School - Thanksgiving Break|
|Thursday||Nov 23||HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!|
No School - Thanksgiving Break
|Friday||Nov 24||No School - Thanksgiving Break|
|Saturday||Nov 25||No Activities Scheduled|
|Sunday||Nov 26||No Activities Scheduled|
December 01: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
February 28: Assembly Schedule - Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)