Click to View the Week of November 13
- The PTA will meet on Tuesday, November 14th at 7:00 pm in the Information and Technology Center - all are welcome!!
- The Knights of Columbus scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office and online. This $1,000 scholarship
is open to students attending an Ohio Catholic High School in grades 9-12. Deadline to apply has been extended to Thursday, November 30th. PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNTIY!
- Tickets for Steel Magnolias will be on sale during both lunches until November 16th! Roger Bacon students are free, but make sure to reserve your seats with friends, as seating is assigned. Non-Roger Bacon students and senior citizens are $8 and adults are $10.
- Join us for our first ever Writing Club meeting on Monday, November 20th from 3:00 - 3:45 pm in Lab A. The goal
of this club is to help each other become better writers by sharing our work and giving helpful tips and critiques. Snacks will be served.
- Every Friday during Flex, there will be rotating spiritual opportunities for all grades in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Please join the Campus Ministry Team in the chapel this Friday, November 17th, during Flex for art prayer! Can't wait to see you there!
- Thanksgiving break is November 22nd through the 27th!
- Friars Club is looking for tutors to help with young students, grades 2-7, at their Learning Center. This is a great opportunity to do community service on our campus and help another Franciscan ministry. Please contact Fr. Roger if you are interested.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. We have 54 students who will bravely undergo being shorn to help conquer childhood cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight inches cut (women’s hair will be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery for that Hero. Ticket sales continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018) students who purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed barbers/stylists). These shorn Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00 each or 3 ticket for $5.00.
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: November 13th; December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
Construction Craft Laborer Apprenticeship Program. A representative from the OCA and Local 265 Laborers International Union will be
here during flex on November 16th to discuss apprenticeship programs available to high school graduates. To qualify, you
must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma and be in good physical condition. If you are interested in learning more about this program,
there will be a sign up sheet on the Guidance Bulletin Board.
Below is a list of the schools and when they will be visiting. Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets will be available outside of Guidance soon!
|November 13||Flex||Miami University, Oxford, OH|
|November 14||Flex||University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash|
|November 17||Flex||Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)|
|November 20||Flex||Christ School of Nursing|
|November 21||Flex||Central State University|
Drama GuildDrama Guild News:
November 17th and 18th - 7:30 pm
November 19th - 2:00 pm
$10 - Adults
$8 - Senior Citizens/Non-RB Students
FREE - RB Students/Children (10 and under)
|Monday||Nov 13||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Miami University of Ohio
Service Opportunities: St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen
|Tuesday||Nov 14||Regular Schedule
College Visit: University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Varsity Academic Team vs McAuley/Fenwick @ Cincinnati State
PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
|Wednesday||Nov 15||Regular Schedule|
|Thursday||Nov 16||Regular Schedule
|Friday||Nov 17||Regular Schedule
Freshmen Service Day (1/4 class)
College Visit: Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)
Fall Play: Steel Magnolias (7:30 pm in FAC)
|Saturday||Nov 18||High School Placement Test
Fall Play: Steel Magnolias (7:30 pm in FAC)
|Sunday||Nov 19||Fall Play: Steel Magnolias (2:00 pm in FAC)|
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
February 28: Assembly Schedule - Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)