Click to View the Week of May 6
|Monday||May 06||Regular Schedule
AP Exam: U.S. Government and Politics
Varsity Track (GCLC Championships) @ Fenwick
Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Alter
Varsity Baseball @ Fairfield
|Tuesday||May 07||Regular Schedule
Joe Kneip Award Ceremony (Flex period in FAC)
Cap and Gown Distribution for Seniors (Flex)
Varsity Track (GCLC Championships) @ Fenwick
Varsity Boys Volleyball @ Purcell
Varsity Softball (Sectionals) @ New Richmond
Varsity Baseball @ McNicholas
|Wednesday||May 08||Regular Schedule
AP Test: English Literature and Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner
|Thursday||May 09||Regular Schedule
AP Exam: Chemistry
AP Exam: Psychology
Varsity Baseball @ Elder
|Friday||May 10||Early Dismissal Schedule - Service Day
AP Exam: United States History
AP Deadline for Art (3D, 2D & Drawing)
Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Chaminade Julienne
Varsity Baseball @ St. Xavier
|Saturday||May 11||Varsity Baseball vs CCD @ Summit Country Day|
|Sunday||May 12||No Activities Planned|
- AP exams start on Monday, May 6th and run through Thursday, May 16th. All exams will be held at Roger Bacon in the
Multi-purpose Room at the Fitness Center. Students taking AP exams are not required to attend normal classes on the day of the exam.
If a student is not able to leave school due to transportation issues, he/she will follow the normal schedule for afternoon classes after eating
lunch. The AP exam schedule is as follows:
- Monday, May 6th: United States Government and Politics (8:00 am)
- Wednesday, May 8th: English Literature and Composition (8:00 am)
- Thursday, May 9th: Chemistry (8:00 am) and Psychology (12:00 pm noon)
- Friday, May 10th: United States History (8:00 am)
- Monday, May 13th: Biology ( 8:00 am)
- Tuesday, May 14th: Calculus AB (8:00 am)
- Wednesday, May 15th: English Language and Composition (8:00 am)
- Thursday, May 16th: World History (8:00 am) and Statistics (12:00 pm noon)
- Graduation caps and gowns will be distributed during Flex on Tuesday, May 7th immediately preceding the Joe Kneip
- The last PTO meeting for the year will be held on Tuesday, May 7th at 7:00 pm at Weideman's Tap Room in St. Bernard.
We will be recapping the year's events, discussing next year, and opening the Board to new members. Hope to see everyone there.
- Seniors: Please complete your graduation survey on Naviance by the end of school on Wednesday, May 8th.
This is important to complete so we can collect information for our graduation program regarding post-high school plans and scholarships.
See Mr. Hertlein with any questions.
- The Academic Award Reception and National Honor Society Induction will take place on Thursday, May 9th at 7:00 pm in the Thomas Fogarty Center.
We will be honoring students who have achieved academic excellence by earning Honor Roll status for every quarter this school year; receiving certain
scholarships and other awards for academic distinction, and being inducted into the National Honor Society. Parents and guardians are welcome
to attend. Dress for the evening is business casual. Light refreshments will be served. Parking is available in the Roger Bacon
parking lots, the St. Bernard municipal parking lots and the cemetery across from the school on Vine Street.
- Service Day. For the last 2 years, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and Crossroad Church have teamed up for a citywide service day called
GO LOCAL. On Friday, May 10th, we are dedicating the day to be of service to our St. Bernard community. Students
will be divided into work teams and assigned to individual places in St. Bernard. We have coordinated with the city’s administration, St. Clement,
the Tau House, St. Bernard Commons, residents of St. Bernard and other agencies for projects. We will flood the streets and place our faith into
action. Lunch will be provided to all students. We will dismiss at 1:00 pm. In case of inclement weather, we will
have a normal academic day and follow the early dismissal schedule.
- Last chance to sign-up for the 45th Annual Roger Bacon Golf Scramble. There is only room for 3 more foursomes!! The outing
will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course. Tee times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women.
The golf outing includes LaRosas pizza, Skyline (and sides), 4 drink tickets, beer and soft drinks, a hole-in-one competition and door prizes.
Hole sponsors are $100 and cart sponsors are $250. Attendees must be 21 years of age. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com
for ticket information.
- All tuition and fees need to be paid by Monday, May 20th in order to return for the 2019/20 school year. Please contact the
Business Office with questions.
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time
and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Director of Academics
- Senior Exam Schedule
- Monday, May 20th (Cafeteria)
- Math (7:55 - 9:20 am)
- English (9:25 - 10:50 am)
- Tuesday, May 21st (Room 24)
- Science/Make-up (7:55 - 9:20 am)
- Make-up (9:25 - 10:50 am)
- Please note...
- Students taking the first exam of the day should report to that location by 7:45 am.
- Exams will be taken during exam week for all non-elective courses in the following departments: English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- Seniors may be exempt from exams if they earn a 90% average for the year or take an AP exam in the course.
- Students are expected to take exams during the designated time on the schedule. Students who have a Science exam to take will be allowed to take this exam during the Math or English exam time slot if they do not have to take a Math or English exam.
- Seniors who miss an exam due to illness should contact their teachers to set up a time to take the exam by Thursday, May 23rd.
- Exam grades count as 20% of the semester average. Study for your exams and get a good night of sleep beforehand. Be sure to eat a good breakfast in the morning of the exam.
- Behavior Expectations...
- Students who do not have to take an exam do not have to be on campus.
- Students who are on campus but do not have to take an exam, must report to the cafeteria.
- Students are expected to stay in the exam room until the end of the testing period.
- Dress code is to be observed during exams.
- Monday, May 20th (Cafeteria)
From the Guidance Office
- Scholarships. All merit-based scholarships offered to Seniors will be announced at the Graduation Awards Ceremony following
Graduation Mass on May 30th. Colleges do not send us lists of scholarship winners, so we must get this information from Seniors. Please make sure to turn in ALL scholarship information to the Guidance Office by May 8th.
- Course Selection. Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: We are still missing some course selection forms! Make sure
you turn in your form so that you have a chance to get the electives you requested. If you do not turn in your form, you will be placed in
whatever electives are available.
- Employment Opportunities
- St. Clement School is hiring students for the summer. Please contact Mr. Vonder Muelen at St. Clement or by phone at 673-2808.
Stop in the guidance office for more information.
- Cincinnati Sports Club is hiring for summer positions for anyone who is 18 years or older. Staff members who work more than eight hours a week have free usage of the facility and have opportunities to attend free customer service management training courses. Please email Keirstin Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- United States Census 2020 is hiring anyone who is 18 years of age by April 1, 2019. They are looking for students, teachers, parents and alum to apply. There are several positions available for bilinguals as well. All positions are flexible and part-time paying between $14 - $19 per hour. Please call 1-855-JOB-2020 if you are interested in applying.
- Swimsafe Pool Management is now hiring for lifeguards, pool technicians, pool attendants, concession workers, management positions and swim coaches. You must be 15 years old to apply. Contact Jessica@swimsafepool.com with questions.
- St. Clement School is hiring students for the summer. Please contact Mr. Vonder Muelen at St. Clement or by phone at 673-2808. Stop in the guidance office for more information.
From the Drama Guild
Roger Bacon High School Underwater Hockey Summer Camp
In June 2019, the Roger Bacon High School Underwater Hockey Team will host its 13th annual Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey summer camp for incoming (or rising)
6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and incoming Roger Bacon freshmen. Current junior high students will have fun learning the fundamentals of the exciting
and unique sport of underwater hockey. The camp will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. beginning on Monday, June 10 and running through Friday, June 14, 2019. The camp will be held at Xavier University in the O’Connor Sports Center pool. The cost is $75, and checks should be made payable to “Roger Bacon High School.” Any family with an incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student or an incoming
Roger Bacon freshmen who loves to swim and who would like to try underwater hockey should contact Coach Paul “Doc” Wittekind at email@example.com
for information and details about this summer’s underwater hockey summer camp. Interested families may also register their child for our Roger Bacon
Underwater Hockey summer camp at: https://rogerbaconhs.worldsecuresystems.com/events/2019-06-10-uwh-camp. See you in the pool!
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
Important Upcoming Dates:
Graduation Mass and Awards Ceremony