Click to View the Week of March 4
|Monday||Mar 04||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: Archbishop Leibold Home
|Tuesday||Mar 05||Regular Schedule
Dress Down Day - New Orleans Mission Trip
College Visit - Mt. St. Joseph University (lunch)
|Wednesday||Mar 06||Block Schedule
Ash Wednesday Service
Spring Meet the Team Night (6:30 pm in FAC)
|Thursday||Mar 07||Block Schedule|
|Friday||Mar 08||Regular Schedule
Senior T-Shirt Day
|Saturday||Mar 09||No Activities Scheduled|
|Sunday||Mar 10||No Activities Scheduled|
- ATTENTION PARENTS! Please adhere to the turning restrictions on the traffic sign at the end of the front circle. Turning
left on to Vine Street during prohibited times poses a safety risk to our students and interrupts the smooth and efficient flow
of traffic in and out of the circle. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation in making the area as safe as possible for our school
community. Thank you.
- Sophomores - Jostens will be here on Tuesday, March 5th during lunch to collect class ring order forms. If you still need a form, pick them up in the main office.
- Spring Meet the Teacher Night for baseball, softball and track will be on Wednesday, March 6th at 6:30 pm in the
Fine Arts Center.
- RB's March Concert features the Concert Band, Chamber Choir and welcomes guests from Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School's
band and choir. See each group perform individually, as well as combined band and choirs. We end the night by combining all the groups
on stage together!! Join us Thursday, March 14th at 7:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center for this free event!
- Roger Bacon PTO's annual Senior Showcase will be held on Wednesday, April 17th. Proceeds from the Senior Showcase
fund After-Prom, which provides a fun and safe place for our students to go when prom is over. The PTO requests monetary donations from all grade
levels to buy items for the Senior Showcase basket raffle. Please consider a $5-10 donation per family. Money or gift cards can
be sent to the main office marked "Senior Showcase" by March 20th. Please make checks out to "RBHS PTO." Details on the Senior
Showcase, including how to buy tickets, will be available soon on the PTO website. Thank you for your generous support. Email email@example.com
- Senior service hours are due on March 26th! A few reminders regarding senior service hours:
- All hours are to be performed at the same service site/organization
- Eligibility to participate in senior activities may only occur upon completion of the Senior Service Experience.
- The RB Service Tracking Forms (paper) must be used.
- 2019 RB Shantytown will be held on March 29-30. This event is for juniors and seniors only. Details and applications are
outside the Spiritual Life Office. Applications are due to the Spiritual Life Office on Tuesday, March 5th. Only 30
slots are available so make sure to get you application in!
- Registration for the 2019/20 school year is due to the Business Office. Please contact the Business Manager if you need paperwork
or have questions. BE A SPARTAN!
- Save the Date! The Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course.
Tee times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org for ticket information.
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Drama Guild
- "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" - Godspell is returning to the RB stage and tickets are now on sale! All seating is assigned
so order your seats in advance by calling 513-641-1300 or emailing email@example.com.
- Show Dates
- April 4, 5 and 6th - 7:30 pm
- April 7th - 2:00 pm
- Ticket Prices
- $10 - Adults
- $8 - Senor Citizens & Non-Roger Bacon Students
- Free - Children (10 and under) & RB students
- Would you like to advertise your business to over 1,600 people? Consider placing an advertisement
in our program for Godspell. Prices and forms can be found on the Drama Guild's website and are due by March 18th. Please
email Catie Murray @ firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Calling all cast, crew and instrumentalists from the 1988, 1997 and 2008 productions of Godspell - Join us for a special
Drama Guild reunion! Enjoy the current students telling of this fun and moving show and then reminisce and reconnect in the cafeteria after the Saturday, April 6th show. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Keep updated with all the production on the Drama Guild's website - https://sites.google.com/site/rbdramaguild/
- Rehearsal Schedule - Week of March 4th
- Tuesday, March 5th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Choreo - Act II - J/K
- Wednesday, March 6th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - L
- Thursday, March 7th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - Vocals
- Saturday, March 9th: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - All Cast - Choreo/Vocals
From the Guidance Office
- There are several scholarships for current students. Please check with your guidance counselor or see the guidance web page for details.
- Our Lady of Angels Scholarship for current freshmen and sophomore girls. Applications due March 4th.
- Alumni Scholarship for current juniors. Applications due March 8th.
- Spartan Achievement Scholarship for current juniors. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1952 Scholarship for current freshmen and sophomores. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1965 Scholarship for current freshmen, sophomores or juniors. Applications due March 18th.
- Service Academy Information Nights. In conjunction with U.S. Senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman, representatives from the Army,
Air Force and Naval academies, Merchant Marine Academy and Coast Guard Academy will host information nights. Learn about Ivy League-level scholarships
that will set you on the path to leadership and service to your country. Application packets will be available. The next meeting is Thursday, March 14th from
5:30 - 8:00 pm at the Symmes Twp. Library (11850 Enyart Rd., Loveland, OH 45140). RSVP: Call 513-779-5400 or email Sharon.Huges@mail.house.gov.
- Seniors - Remember to bring in all of the scholarships you have been offered! We will announce
all of the scholarships at the Graduation Awards Ceremony.
- Juniors. You will take the ACT at Roger Bacon on Tuesday, March 12th. This test
is free and you do not have to register for it. Scores from this test may be sent to colleges as well.
- Learn Arabic this summer! The University of Cincinnati is offering a Summer Arabic Language Program for Beginners from June 17 - July 12.
Classes are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. This program is free and students earn 5 semester hours of college credit.
This opportunity is open to current sophomores, juniors and seniors who have a 3.5 GPA or above. Space is limited and applications are due May 23rd.
Please check the guidance web page for application information, or check the guidance bulletin board outside the guidance office.
- The Cincinnati Area Spring College Fair will be Tuesday, March 26th from 6:30 - 8:00 pm at the Cintas Center on the campus of Xavier University.
More than 140 colleges and universities will be in attendance. Additional information is available at https://xavier.edu/spring-college-fair.
- Swimsafe Pool Management is now hiring for lifeguards, pool technicians, pool attendants, concession workers, management positions and swim coaches. You must be 15 years of age to apply. Contact Jessica@swimsafepool.com with questions.
Schedule Highlights - School Year 2019/20
The schedule for school year 2019/20 has been determined. To facilitate your planning, key dates for next school year include the following:
- Aug 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
- Aug 21: First Day of Classes
- Sept 2: No School (Labor Day)
- Sept 6: Grandparents' Day
- Sept 12: Meet the Teacher Night
- Sept 13: No School (Religious In-service)
- Sept 19-27: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage to Italy
- Oct 18: Homecoming
- Oct 27: Open House
- Oct 28: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 7: Veterans' Assembly / Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Nov 8: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
- Nov 27 - Dec 2: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 23- Jan 5: No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 16: Sports Stag
- Jan 17: No School (Professional Development)
- Jan 20: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Feb 14: No School (Professional Development)
- Feb 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
- Mar 20: No School (Professional Development)
- Apr 9-19: No School (Easter Break)
- Apr 24: No School (Professional Development) / Prom
- Apr 25: Evening for Excellence
- Apr 28: Academic Awards Ceremony
- May 1: Fine Arts Festival
- May 25: No School (Memorial Day)
- Jun 2: Graduation Mass and Awards
- Jun 3: Graduation
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Mar 11: No School - Staff Professional Development
Mar 12: ACT - Junior Class
Mar 14: Concert (7:30 pm in FAC)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Mar 15: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 18 - 22: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
Mar 20: Career Day
Mar 22: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 29: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 29 - 30: Shantytown
Apr 02: Sophomore Retreat Day - Girls
Apr 03: Sophomore Retreat Day - Boys
Apr 04 - 07: Spring Musical
Apr 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 08: No School - Staff Professional Development Day
Apr 09: PTO Meeting
Apr 10: Lenten Reconciliation
Apr 11: Alumni Association Meeting
Catholic Schools Banquet
Apr 12: No School - Prom
Apr 13: Alumni Awards Dinner
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 07: AP Testing - Physics I
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Physics II
May 13: All School Mass
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition / Macroeconomics
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip