Click to View the Week of March 11
|Monday||Mar 11||No School - Staff Professional Development|
|Tuesday||Mar 12||Regular Schedule
ACT - Junior Class
PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
|Wednesday||Mar 13||Regular Schedule|
|Thursday||Mar 14||Regular Schedule
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
March Concert (7:00 pm in FAC)
Service Academy Information Night
|Friday||Mar 15||Regular Schedule
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 Class)
|Saturday||Mar 16||No Activities Scheduled|
|Sunday||Mar 17||No Activities Scheduled|
- ATTENTION PARENTS! Please adhere to the turning restrictions on the traffic sign at the end of the front circle. Turning left on to
Vine Street during prohibited times poses a safety risk to our students and interrupts the smooth and efficient flow of traffic
in and out of the circle. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation in making the area as safe as possible for our school community. Thank
- The 2019 Junior/Senior Prom is right around the corner. This year’s prom will be held at the Newport Aquarium on Friday, April 12th.
In addition to a dance hall, we will have full access to all the aquarium exhibits as well as the opportunity to interact with several of the aquarium’s
animal residents. The theme this year is a Mardi Gras Masquerade. Ticket sales will begin in the cafeteria on Tuesday, March 12th and will continue until Friday, March 22nd.
Tickets are $50 per person or $90 per couple.
- On Tuesday, March 12th, juniors will be taking the ACT. These scores will be used for graduation requirements and can be used
by colleges for admissions consideration. Juniors will report to their designated testing rooms at 7:45 am. When testing is finished (around 12:15 pm), juniors will be dismissed for the day.
Any junior who needs to remain on campus after testing will report to cafeteria until dismissal.
- The PTO will meet on Tuesday, March 12th at 7:00 pm in the Information and Technology Center. The PTO is excited
to share the latest news and updates for the Spring. Please join us on Tuesday - we look forward to seeing you there!
- RB's March Concert features the Concert Band, Chamber Choir and welcomes guests from Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School's band
and choir. See each group perform individually, as well as combined band and choirs. We end the night by combining all the groups on stage together!!
Join us Thursday, March 14th at 7:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center for this free event!
- Our second blood drive of the year is on Thursday, March 14th. Sign-ups are during lunch so stop by and sign-up.
Remember - one donation can save three lives!
- The Alumni Association is meeting on Thursday, March 14th at 6:30 pm in the Information and Technology Center.
- Roger Bacon PTO's annual Senior Showcase will be held on Wednesday, April 17th. Proceeds from the Senior Showcase
fund After-Prom, which provides a fun and safe place for our students to go when prom is over. The PTO requests monetary donations from all grade
levels to buy items for the Senior Showcase basket raffle. Please consider a $5-10 donation per family. Money or gift cards can
be sent to the main office marked "Senior Showcase" by March 20th. Please make checks out to "RBHS PTO." Details on the Senior
Showcase, including how to buy tickets, will be available soon on the PTO website. Thank you for your generous support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior service hours are due on March 26th! A few reminders regarding senior service hours:
- All hours are to be performed at the same service site/organization
- Eligibility to participate in senior activities may only occur upon completion of the Senior Service Experience.
- The RB Service Tracking Forms (paper) must be used.
- 2019 RB Shantytown will be held on March 29-30. This event is for juniors and seniors only. Details and applications are outside the
Spiritual Life Office.
- Registration for the 2019/20 school year is due to the Business Office. Please contact the Business Manager if you need paperwork
or have questions. BE A SPARTAN!
- Save the Date! The Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course.
Tee times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com for ticket information.
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Drama Guild
- "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" - Godspell is returning to the RB stage and tickets are now on sale! All seating is assigned so
order your seats in advance by calling 513-641-1300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Show Dates
- April 4, 5 and 6th - 7:30 pm
- April 7th - 2:00 pm
- Ticket Prices
- $10 - Adults
- $8 - Senor Citizens & Non-Roger Bacon Students
- Free - Children (10 and under) & RB students
- Would you like to advertise your business to over 1,600 people? Consider placing an advertisement in our program
for Godspell. Prices and forms can be found on the Drama Guild's website and are due by March 18th. Please email Catie
Murray @ email@example.com with any questions.
- Calling all cast, crew and instrumentalists from the 1988, 1997 and 2008 productions of Godspell - Join us for a special
Drama Guild reunion! Enjoy the current students telling of this fun and moving show and then reminisce and reconnect in the cafeteria after the Saturday, April 6th show. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep updated with all the production on the Drama Guild's website - https://sites.google.com/site/rbdramaguild/
- Rehearsal Schedule - Week of March 11th
- Tuesday, March 12th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Choreo - Whole Show
- Wednesday, March 13th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - J/K/L + Bows
- Thursday, March 14th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - Vocals
- Saturday, March 16th: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Set Construction
From the Guidance Office
- There are several scholarships for current students. Please check with your guidance counselor or see the guidance web page for details.
- Spartan Achievement Scholarship for current juniors. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1952 Scholarship for current freshmen and sophomores. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1965 Scholarship for current freshmen, sophomores or juniors. Applications due March 18th.
- Service Academy Information Nights. In conjunction with U.S. Senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman, representatives from the Army,
Air Force and Naval academies, Merchant Marine Academy and Coast Guard Academy will host information nights. Learn about Ivy League-level scholarships
that will set you on the path to leadership and service to your country. Application packets will be available. The next meeting is Thursday, March 14th from
5:30 - 8:00 pm at the Symmes Twp. Library (11850 Enyart Rd., Loveland, OH 45140). RSVP: Call 513-779-5400 or email Sharon.Huges@mail.house.gov.
- Seniors - Remember to bring in all of the scholarships you have been offered! We will announce all
of the scholarships at the Graduation Awards Ceremony.
- Learn Arabic this summer! The University of Cincinnati is offering a Summer Arabic Language Program for Beginners from June 17 - July 12.
Classes are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. This program is free and students earn 5 semester hours of college credit.
This opportunity is open to current sophomores, juniors and seniors who have a 3.5 GPA or above. Space is limited and applications are due May 23rd.
Please check the guidance web page for application information, or check the guidance bulletin board outside the guidance office.
- The Cincinnati Area Spring College Fair will be Tuesday, March 26th from 6:30 - 8:00 pm at the Cintas Center on the campus of Xavier University.
More than 140 colleges and universities will be in attendance. Additional information is available at https://xavier.edu/spring-college-fair.
Schedule Highlights - School Year 2019/20
The schedule for school year 2019/20 has been determined. To facilitate your planning, key dates for next school year include the following:
- Aug 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
- Aug 21: First Day of Classes
- Sept 2: No School (Labor Day)
- Sept 6: Grandparents' Day
- Sept 12: Meet the Teacher Night
- Sept 13: No School (Religious In-service)
- Sept 19-27: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage to Italy
- Oct 18: Homecoming
- Oct 27: Open House
- Oct 28: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 7: Veterans' Assembly / Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Nov 8: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
- Nov 27 - Dec 2: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 23- Jan 5: No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 16: Sports Stag
- Jan 17: No School (Professional Development)
- Jan 20: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Feb 14: No School (Professional Development)
- Feb 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
- Mar 20: No School (Professional Development)
- Apr 9-19: No School (Easter Break)
- Apr 24: No School (Professional Development) / Prom
- Apr 25: Evening for Excellence
- Apr 28: Academic Awards Ceremony
- May 1: Fine Arts Festival
- May 25: No School (Memorial Day)
- Jun 2: Graduation Mass and Awards
- Jun 3: Graduation
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at email@example.com . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Mar 18 - 22: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
Mar 20: Career Day
Mar 22: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 29: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 29 - 30: Shantytown
Apr 02: Sophomore Retreat Day - Girls
Apr 03: Sophomore Retreat Day - Boys
Apr 04 - 07: Spring Musical
Apr 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 08: No School - Staff Professional Development Day
Apr 09: PTO Meeting
Apr 10: Lenten Reconciliation
Apr 11: Alumni Association Meeting
Catholic Schools Banquet
Apr 12: No School - Prom
Apr 13: Alumni Awards Dinner
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 07: AP Testing - Physics I
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Physics II
May 13: All School Mass
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition / Macroeconomics
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip