Click to View the Week of January 14
|Monday||Jan 14||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: Bacon Buddies
Varsity Bowling vs Chaminade Julienne @ Colerain Bowl
|Tuesday||Jan 15||Regular Schedule
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Oldenburg Academy
Varsity Bowling vs Fenwick @ Colerain Bowl
Varsity Swimming vs Harrison/Purcell @ St. Bernard
|Wednesday||Jan 16||Regular Schedule
PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Varsity Girls Basketball @ Carroll
Varsity Bowling vs Princeton @ Gilmore Lanes
|Thursday||Jan 17||Early Dismissal Schedule (Dismissal @ 1:00 pm)
March for Life Departs for Washington D.C.
Varsity Bowling vs Carroll @ Poelking Lanes Wilmington
|Friday||Jan 18||No School - Staff Religious In-Service
Mock Trial (Districts) @ District Court House at 12:30 pm
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Carroll
|Saturday||Jan 19||Varsity Swimming (Coaches Classic) @ Miami University/St. Xavier
Varsity Wrestling @ Ponitz (Dayton)
|Sunday||Jan 20||March for Life Returns from Washington D.C.
Varsity Swimming (Coaches Classic) @ Miami University/St. Xavier
- All students - Please make sure you check your SpartanLink account so you know your second semester schedule. The new semester
begins Monday, January 14th. No schedule changes will be made after Monday unless a teacher recommends a level change.
- Roger Bacon is on an early dismissal schedule on Thursday, January 17th. We will be dismissing at 1:00 pm. There will be after school study tables in the cafeteria until 2:15 pm. The Fitness Center will be open until 3:00 pm.
- Registration information is coming out for the 2019-2020 school year. Contact the Business Office if you do not receive it by January 18th. Thanks!
- “RB’s Got Talent” 2019. Our talent show competition runs from January 15th to February 6th. It starts with an open
round of auditions to choose teams and coaches, and continues with a full performance show night where the audience will vote to move the top acts
to the finale. The competition concludes with an all school assembly where the finalists perform to determine the winner. Auditions are on Tuesday, January 15th after school in the FAC. Show night is open to anyone to attend on Tuesday, January 29th at 7:30 pm. It is a free event
and will feature acts from all members of the teams and their coaches. Come root on your favorite performer and coach and help vote the best acts
into the finale.
- Softball conditioning starts on Tuesday, January 15th. Conditioning will be every Tuesday and Thursday through February 14th, at 3:30
pm for approximately one hour. Practice starts on February 18th.
- We are very excited to announce a special RB180 on Wednesday, January 16th (for girls), and Friday, January 25th (for guys).
Student/athletes from Xavier University will be coming to campus both days to have a Q&A session about faith, sports, college athletics, and
life on campus. Each Xavier student will give a brief bio and then we will open the floor for questions. If you are interested in discussing the
intersection of faith and sports, or you aspire to play sports at the next level, or just want a break from the daily routine, be sure to join
us for this special event.
- PTO. The next PTO meeting is Wednesday, January 16th at 7:00 pm in the ITC. We look forward to everyone attending
to kick off the new year and welcome your thoughts and ideas about our exciting, upcoming plans. See you there!!
- The 49th Annual Roger Bacon Sports Stag, sponsored by LaRosa's and presented by Roto-Rooter, will take place on Thursday, January 17th.
Hosted by Josh Sneed, ticket prices are as follows: VIP Admission - $125; Regular Admission - $65; Age 21-30 Admission - $30. Our guest of honor
and recipient of the Tom Roebel Good Fellowship Award is Ken Griffey Sr. of the Cincinnati Reds. Hall of Fame inductees are Joe Watzek '67, Steve
Heimkreiter '75, Isaac Curtis Jr. '92 and Brian Schaefer, '98. Bill Carey, longtime Roger Bacon teacher, will receive the Bron Bacevich Award.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.rogerbaconspartans.org/stag.
- Mock Trial Districts are Friday, January 18th at the District Court House at 12:30. Good Luck Spartans!
- The SVDP Basketball Tournament is on Friday, February 1st. Bring in donations of food, personal care items, or money to
help your favorite team get an advantage. Stay tuned for more information about signing up to play. See Trent Walker or Ms. Vehorn with
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Drama Guild
Get ready for Godspell! The Drama Guild's Cast and Crew has been chosen and rehearsals will be underway this week.
Tickets will go on sale March 1st.
Keep updated with all the production on the Drama Guild's website - https://sites.google.com/site/rbdramaguild/
- Rehearsal Schedule - Week of January 14thWednesday, January 16th - 3:15 - 5:30 pm - ALL Cast & Crew - Read Through
7:00 pm - Mandatory Parent Meeting
From the Guidance Office
- Most of you are finished with your college applications, so now it is time to work on paying for college! Several scholarships are listed on the Guidance web page. The list will be updated weekly, so make sure you check it regularly through the next few months. You should submit your FAFSA if you have not done so already. The link to the PowerPoint from the Financial Aid Night presentation is listed on the Guidance page.
- We want to know about ALL of the scholarships you have been offered! As you receive offers, please bring a copy of the award letter to the guidance office. We will announce all of the scholarships each senior has been offered at the Graduation Awards Ceremony in May.
- Juniors. You will be taking the ACT here on Tuesday, March 12th. This test is free and you
do not have to register for it. Scores from this test may be sent to colleges as well. You will be doing some prep work for the test in your classes
during third quarter.
- The Cincinnati Zoo is hiring for the Fall and Winter seasons. After school and weekend hours available. Call David Kunkemoeller at
513-601-3939 if you are interested.
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at email@example.com . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Jan 21: No School - Martin Luther King Day
Jan 24: Celebration of Success
Jan 27 - Feb 02: Catholic Schools Week
Jan 29: Talent Show
Jan 30: All School Mass - Catholic Schools Week
Jan 30 - Feb 01: Kairos
Feb 01: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Feb 07: Blood Drive
Feb 12: PTO Meeting
Feb 13: Alumni Association Meeting
Feb 14: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Feb 15: No School - Staff Professional Development
Feb 18: No School - Presidents' Day
Feb 20: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Mar 01: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 06: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Mar 11: No School - Staff Professional Development
Mar 12: ACT - Junior Class
Mar 14: Concert (7:30 pm in FAC)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Mar 15: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 18 - 22: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
Mar 20: Career Day
Mar 22: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 29: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 29 - 30: Shantytown
Apr 02: Sophomore Retreat Day - Girls
Apr 03: Sophomore Retreat Day - Boys
Apr 04 - 07: Spring Musical
Apr 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 08: No School - Staff Professional Development Day
Apr 09: PTO Meeting
Apr 10: Lenten Reconciliation
Apr 11: Alumni Association Meeting
Catholic Schools Banquet
Apr 12: No School - Prom
Apr 13: Alumni Awards Dinner
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 07: AP Testing - Physics I
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womans' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Physics II
May 13: All School Mass
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition / Macroeconomics
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: Graduation Mass/Awards Ceremony
End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip