Click to View the Week of February 25
|Monday||Feb 25||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: Food Pantry @ St. Clement
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Indian Hill @ Walnut Hills (Sectionals)
|Tuesday||Feb 26||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: St. Anthony Center Kitchen
|Wednesday||Feb 27||Regular Schedule|
|Thursday||Feb 28||Regular Schedule
Varsity Boys Basketball vs Wyoming @ Mason (Sectionals)
|Friday||Mar 01||Regular Schedule
First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Varsity Boys Wrestling @ Troy (Districts)
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Valley View @ Mason (District Finals)
|Saturday||Mar 02||No Activities Scheduled|
|Sunday||Mar 03||No Activities Scheduled|
- Girls and boys tournament basketball tickets are on sale at school for $6. They are $7 at the gate and the school gets to keep 50%
of pre-sale proceeds so please buy your tickets from Roger Bacon!
- Roger Bacon PTO's annual Senior Showcase will be held on Wednesday, April 17th. Proceeds from the Senior Showcase
fund After-Prom, which provides a fun and safe place for our students to go when prom is over. The PTO requests monetary donations from all grade levels to buy items for the Senior Showcase basket raffle. Please consider a $5-10 donation per family.
Money or gift cards can be sent to the main office marked "Senior Showcase" by March 20th. Please make checks out to "RBHS
PTO." Details on the Senior Showcase, including how to buy tickets, will be available soon on the PTO website. Thank you for your
generous support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Registration for the 2019/20 school year is due to the Business Office. Please contact the Business Manager if you
need paperwork or have questions. BE A SPARTAN!
- There is a pasta dinner and fundraiser for the Gregory Thompson Memorial Scholarship at Gameworks at Newport on the Levy on Friday, March 1st from 6:00 - 10:00 pm.
See Ms. Rosfeld to purchase tickets.
- Save the Date! The Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course. Tee
times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com for ticket information.
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Drama Guild
- "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" - Godspell is returning to the RB stage April 4th through 7th. Tickets will go on sale March 1st.
- Would you like to advertise your business to over 1,600 people? Consider placing an advertisement in our program
for Godspell. Prices and forms can be found on the Drama Guild's website and are due by March 18th. Please email Catie Murray @ firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
- Keep updated with all the production on the Drama Guild's website - https://sites.google.com/site/rbdramaguild/
- Rehearsal Schedule - Week of February 25th
- Tuesday, February 26th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Choreo - Act II - J/K
- Wednesday, February 27th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - J
- Thursday, February 28th: 3:15 - 5:30 pm - Act II - Vocals
- Saturday, March 2nd: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - All Cast - Choreo/Vocals
From the Guidance Office
- There are several scholarships for current students. Please check with your guidance counselor or see the guidance web page for details.
- Our Lady of Angels Scholarship for current freshmen and sophomore girls. Applications due March 4th.
- Alumni Scholarship for current juniors. Applications due March 8th.
- Spartan Achievement Scholarship for current juniors. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1952 Scholarship for current freshmen and sophomores. Applications due March 11th.
- Class of 1965 Scholarship for current freshmen, sophomores or juniors. Applications due March 18th.
- Service Academy Information Nights. In conjunction with U.S. Senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman, representatives from the Army,
Air Force and Naval academies, Merchant Marine Academy and Coast Guard Academy will host information nights. Learn about Ivy League-level scholarships
that will set you on the path to leadership and service to your country. Application packets will be available. The next meeting is Thursday, March 14th from
5:30 - 8:00 pm at the Symmes Twp. Library (11850 Enyart Rd., Loveland, OH 45140). RSVP: Call 513-779-5400 or email Sharon.Huges@mail.house.gov.
- Remember to bring in all of the scholarships you have been offered! We will announce all of the scholarships at the Graduation Awards Ceremony.
- U.C. Blue Ash is hosting two Open House events: Thursday, February 28th from 6:00 - 8:30 pm and Saturday, April 6th from 1:00 - 3:30 pm.
Seniors who attend can apply to U.C. Blue Ash free while they are there. It is a great opportunity to learn about their Honors Program,
take a campus tour, and meet with with representatives from degree and certificate programs. Register at ucblueash.edu/openhouse.
- Juniors. You will take the ACT at Roger Bacon on Tuesday, March 12th. This test
is free and you do not have to register for it. Scores from this test may be sent to colleges as well.
- Learn Arabic this summer! The University of Cincinnati is offering a Summer Arabic Language Program for Beginners from
June 17 - July 12. Classes are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. This program is free and students earn 5 semester hours of college credit.
This opportunity is open to current sophomores, juniors and seniors who have a 3.5 GPA or above. Space is limited and applications are due May 23rd.
Please check the guidance web page for application information, or check the guidance bulletin board outside the guidance office.
- The Cincinnati Area Spring College Fair will be Tuesday, March 26th from 6:30 - 8:00 pm at the Cintas Center on the campus of Xavier University.
More than 140 colleges and universities will be in attendance. Additional information is available at https://xavier.edu/spring-college-fair.
- Swimsafe Pool Management is now hiring for lifeguards, pool technicians, pool attendants, concession workers, management positions and swim coaches. You must be 15 years of age to apply. Contact Jessica@swimsafepool.com with questions.
Schedule Highlights - School Year 2019/20
The schedule for school year 2019/20 has been determined. To facilitate your planning, key dates for next school year include the following:
- Aug 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
- Aug 21: First Day of Classes
- Sept 2: No School (Labor Day)
- Sept 6: Grandparents' Day
- Sept 12: Meet the Teacher Night
- Sept 13: No School (Religious In-service)
- Sept 19-27: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage to Italy
- Oct 18: Homecoming
- Oct 27: Open House
- Oct 28: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 7: Veterans' Assembly / Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Nov 8: No School (Professional Development)
- Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
- Nov 27 - Dec 2: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 23- Jan 5: No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 16: Sports Stag
- Jan 17: No School (Professional Development)
- Jan 20: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
- Feb 14: No School (Professional Development)
- Feb 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
- Mar 20: No School (Professional Development)
- Apr 9-19: No School (Easter Break)
- Apr 24: No School (Professional Development) / Prom
- Apr 25: Evening for Excellence
- Apr 28: Academic Awards Ceremony
- May 1: Fine Arts Festival
- May 25: No School (Memorial Day)
- Jun 2: Graduation Mass and Awards
- Jun 3: Graduation
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at email@example.com . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Mar 06: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Mar 11: No School - Staff Professional Development
Mar 12: ACT - Junior Class
Mar 14: Concert (7:30 pm in FAC)
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Mar 15: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 18 - 22: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
Mar 20: Career Day
Mar 22: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 29: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 29 - 30: Shantytown
Apr 02: Sophomore Retreat Day - Girls
Apr 03: Sophomore Retreat Day - Boys
Apr 04 - 07: Spring Musical
Apr 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 08: No School - Staff Professional Development Day
Apr 09: PTO Meeting
Apr 10: Lenten Reconciliation
Apr 11: Alumni Association Meeting
Catholic Schools Banquet
Apr 12: No School - Prom
Apr 13: Alumni Awards Dinner
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 07: AP Testing - Physics I
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Physics II
May 13: All School Mass
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition / Macroeconomics
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip