Click to View the Week of December 4
- Seniors: Jostens will be here Monday, December 11th to get your measurements for caps and gowns.
You must stay in your Flex bell until Jostens is finished before going to any other meetings. Jostens will also be here on December 4th to collect graduation announcement order forms.
If you still need a packet, please see Mrs. Wilson in the main office.
- To help with your Christmas gift giving decisions, the Spirit Shop will be open Tuesday, December 12th and Thursday, December 14th from 5:00 - 8:00 pm.
Please take advantage of this great opportunity to help Santa!!
- Are you organized, responsible and looking for a challenge? The Drama Guild is looking for leaders in the areas of Set, Hair/Makeup, Lights, Sound, Costume and Publicity for their upcoming production of Beauty and the Beast. If being the head of a crew for this challenging show interests you, applications can be picked up in Room 56 - they are due by December 4th. See Ms. Murray with any questions.
- Our Christmas Dance is Saturday, December 16th from 8:00 - 11:00 pm in the cafeteria. Tickets are $12 for one ticket or $20 for two tickets (it’s a deal, so grab a friend!). Tickets will be sold during lunch December 13-15. Attire is semi-formal -- Christmas sweaters are encouraged, but dresses and slacks are welcomed.
- The Chess Club will meet on Wednesdays and Thursdays after school in the Information and Technology Center starting this week. All are welcome!!
- It's a "tale as old as time" and we want you to be a part of it! Plates, forks, silly girls, a candle stick, tea pot, napkins and more…the
Drama Guild is looking for students to audition for their production of Beauty and the Beast and no drama production would
ever be successful without a strong crew. If you would like to audition for the cast or apply to be on crew, come to the informational meetings on either December 13th after school at 3:00 pm OR December 14th during Flex.
You will find out what is required for the audition or how to apply. Please see Ms. Murray with any questions!
- Every Friday during Flex, there will be rotating spiritual opportunities for all grades in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Art, rosary, Lectio Divina, faith sharing and yoga meditation are just a few of the opportunities. Can't wait to see you there!
Kroger Community Rewards
- Visit https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- Sign in or create your FREE online account
- New users – enter in all information including Kroger Plus Card # OR Alternate ID and under community rewards enter our “Organization Number” = 81504
OR enter Roger Bacon Athletic Association under the “Organization Name”
- Existing users – go to account summary in your profile and follow the information above in #3
Thank you for your support of Roger Bacon Athletics!
Breakfast with Santa Claus
The Roger Bacon High School Alumni Association cordially invites your family to attend Breakfast with Santa Claus on Saturday, December 9, 2017. Doors open at 9:00 am with crafts and interactive train display. Cost is $10.00 per person (Children 2 and under are free). Mail reservations to: Roger Bacon High School – 4320 Vine Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217, Attention: Breakfast with Santa. Please RSVP by December 4, 2017. Questions? Call Sue Huerkamp at (513) 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Baldricks Day. “Brave the Shave – Embrace the Cut” line the halls of our school. Roger Bacon is kicking off our first ever childhood
cancer awareness project – Saint Baldricks Day. We have 54 students who will bravely undergo being shorn to help conquer childhood
cancer. When a Spartan signs up they commit to selling tickets to have their head shaved (men, and some women) or eight inches cut (women’s hair will
be donated to Hair We Share program). Those who buy tickets from these Hairless Heroes are placed into a lottery for that Hero. Ticket sales
continue through January, culminating in our drawing at the end of January. As shaving day nears, (January 29, 2018) students who
purchased tickets from particular Heroes are drawn. Winners will be able to shave/cut the hair of their Heroes (alongside of licensed barbers/stylists).
These Hairless Heroes will serve as an awareness of those youth fighting cancer. Tickets from Hairless Heroes are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00.
Monthly RB Community Outreach Opportunities
- St. Francis Ministries Soup Kitchen. Interested in serving hungry families, the young, and old? Spartans join other volunteers to feed people in Over-the-Rhine. Service may include serving food, filling drinks, and cleaning dishes. Service is from 4:15 - 5:30 pm on designated Mondays.
- Bacon Buddies. RB Spartans mentor 3rd - 5th graders from different schools to help them grow in character and faith. This is done with "Conversations that Matter" which focuses on a character value (i.e., trust, respect, gratitude) and enjoyable fun activities. Service is from 3:10 - 4:10 pm on the following Mondays: December 11th; January 22nd; February 12th; March 12th; April 16th.
- Archbishop Leibold Home. Spartans spend time with the elderly socializing and enjoying snacks over a lively game of bingo. New students are paired with experienced Spartans to "learn the ropes" and become comfortable with the environment. Service is from 7:00 - 9:00 pm on the following Mondays: December 4th; January 8th; February 5th; March 5th; April 9th; May 3rd (Thursday Senior Citizen Prom).
From the Guidance Office
Scholarship Opportunities: There are many scholarship opportunities for seniors as well as underclassmen. Check the Guidance website for details.
College Visits. As fall visits are winding down, be on the lookout for more visits in the Spring! Be sure to take advantage of these visits. Sign-up sheets will be posted outside of Guidance.
|Monday||Dec 04||Regular Schedule
Senior Cap and Gown Measurements
Service Opportunity: Archbishop Leibold Home
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Cincinnati Country Day
Varsity Swimming vs St. Bernard/Purcell @ St. Bernard
|Tuesday||Dec 05||Mass Schedule - Sacrament of Reconciliation Service
Varsity Bowling vs Badin @ Northwest Lanes
|Wednesday||Dec 06||Regular Schedule
Varsity Girls Basketball @ Chaminade Julienne
Varsity Bowling vs Northwest @ Northwest Lanes
|Thursday||Dec 07||Regular Schedule
College Visit: Siena Heights University (Flex)
Varsity Bowling vs Chaminade Julienne @ Colerain Bowl
|Friday||Dec 08||No School - Staff Professional Development
Varsity Boys Basketball vs Fenwick
|Saturday||Dec 09||Varsity Girls Basketball @ Newport
Varsity Girls Bowling (Holiday Classic) @ Western Bowl
|Sunday||Dec 10||Breakfast With Santa
Varsity Boys Bowling (Holiday Classic) @ Western Bowl
December 21 - January 02: Christmas Break
January 05: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
January 09: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
January 11: Science Fair
January 12: End of 2nd Quarter
January 15: No School - Martin Luther King Day
January 17: Celebration of Success (Fine Arts Center)
January 17 - 19: Kairos
January 18: Sports Stag - Early Dismissal
January 18 - 21: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
January 19: No School - Staff Professional Development
January 24: Freshmen Registration Begins
January 28 - February 03: Catholic Schools Week
January 31: Mass Schedule - Catholic Schools Week
February 01: Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
February 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in Fine Arts Center)
February 08: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
February 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
February 14: Mass Schedule - Ash Wednesday
February 15: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 16: No School - Staff Professional Development
February 19: No School - Presidents' Day
February 21: Board of Trustees Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Talent Show (Fine Arts Center)
February 24: St. Vincent de Paul Resource Fair (Fine Arts Center)
March 02: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
March 13: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
March 15: Band/Choir Concert
March 16: End of 3rd Quarter
March 20: ACT
March 21 - 23: Assisi Scholars Capstone Presentations
March 28: Fashion Show
March 29: No School - Staff Professional Development
March 29 - April 06: No School - Easter Break
April 10: PTA Meeting (7:00 pm in cafeteria)
April 12: Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
April 19 - 22: Spring Musical - Beauty and the Beast
April 25: Joseph Kneip Award Ceremony
April 27: No School - Staff Professional Development
April 28: Alumni Awards Ceremony (FAC)
May 04: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 07: AP Psychology Test
May 08: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Physics I Test
May 09: AP English Literature and Composition Test
AP Physics II Test
May 10: AP US Government Test
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 11: Senior Picnic
AP US History Test
May 14: AP Biology Test
May 15: AP Calculus AB Test
AP Computer Science Test
May 16: High School & Elementary School Band Concert (FAC)
AP English Language and Composition Test
AP Macroeconomics Test
May 17: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Statistics Test
May 18: Seniors Last Day
May 21 - 22: Senior Final Exams
May 25: Last Day of Class - Early Dismissal
May 28: No School - Memorial Day
May 29 - 30: Underclass Final Exams
May 31: End of 4th Quarter
Graduation Mass / Breakfast
June 01: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
June 04 - 12: Jamaica Mission Trip
June 05 - 07: Kairos
June 09: ACT Testing
August 05 - 13: New Orleans Mission Trip