Click to View the Week of December 3
|Monday||Dec 03||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: St. Anthony Center
Archbishop Liebold Home
Varsity Girls Basketball @ Cincinnati Country Day
|Tuesday||Dec 04||Regular Schedule
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Woodward
Varsity Bowling vs Alter @ Stones Lanes
|Wednesday||Dec 05||Regular Schedule|
|Thursday||Dec 06||Regular Schedule
Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Varsity Bowling vs Purcell @ Stones Lanes
|Friday||Dec 07||Regular Schedule
Dress Down Day
First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Junior J.O.Y. Retreat
Varsity Boys Basketball @ Fenwick
|Saturday||Dec 08||Varsity Girls Basketball vs Chaminade Julienne
|Sunday||Dec 09||Varsity Bowling (Holiday Classic) @ Western Bowl|
- The link for the 2019/20 FACTS financial aid application is https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3XDR5.
- Principal Steve Schad will be working at the People Working Cooperatively Ramp it Up for Veterans 4th Annual Telethon on Thursday, December 6th from 7:00 - 8:00 pm.
You can donate to this worthy cause by either calling 513-719-4929 (only valid on December 6th) or online at secure.pwchomerepairs.org/vet.
No donation is too small and every dollar donated will be matched dollar for dollar!!
- RB Christmas Concert. Join Concert Band, Chamber Choir and RB3 for this year’s Christmas Concert. On Thursday, Dec. 13th at 7:30 pm,
come see the beautifully decorated Fine Arts Center and hear wonderful Christmas music. What better way to get ready for the Holiday Season
than with everyone’s favorite Christmas songs. We will feature a wide variety of traditional classics and contemporary hits – beautiful choral
ballads and upbeat rock numbers. In one of our biggest concerts of the year featuring individual group songs and full combined pieces, this will
be performance neither you – or Santa – will want to miss!
Thursday, Dec. 13th - Free Admission!
- Assist-a-Family is collecting needed item and monetary donations until December 13th. Please be generous!
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From Community Outreach
Roger Bacon is in its second to last week of our annual Assist-A-Family drive, concluding on December 13th. Knowing that our faith invites us into action,
we are seeking to help struggling families preparing for Christmas. We will do this in two ways. (1) All monetary donations will be used to purchase
Kroger gift cards so families can buy needed food. (2) We are seeking new items for gifts. The wish list of most needed items can be found below.
All donations will be distributed via the Church of the Resurrection (Bond Hill) and St. George Food Pantry (Clifton). May our Franciscan value of
generosity shine forth as we joyfully await the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Warm Hats; Scarves; Gloves; Adult Socks
- New Sweatshirts and/or Sweatpants (S, L, XLG)
- Jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, earrings)
- Nail Care Kit
- Deodorant; Toothpaste; Shampoo
- Body Lotion; Bath Soap; Body Wash
- Female Hygiene Items
(Note: We are not collecting canned or boxed food at this time).
From the Guidance Office
- Grand Canyon University will be here to visit with students on December 12th during Flex. Sign-up on the Guidance bulletin
- Applications for spring and summer internships in Senator Portman’s Cincinnati office are now being accepted. Internships in Senator
Rob Portman’s offices offer students an exciting introduction to the U.S. Senate and the workings of a Senate office. Interns are assigned to work
alongside staff responsible for the Senator’s legislative, press, and administrative operations. Applications will be reviewed for 2019 internships on a rolling basis. Please email a completed application packet including: 1) high school transcript; 2) one page explanation of interest in the internship; and 3) two letters of recommendation to
email@example.com. Please contact the senator's office at 513-684-3265 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if
you have any questions regarding internships in Senator Portman’s office.
- Kings Island is seeking talented musicians, singers, dancers, actors, variety artists, costumers, character cohorts and technicians
for the 2019 summer and WinterFest seasons. Auditions will be held at Kings Island on Thursday-Saturday, December 20th - 22nd from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- The Richard E. Lindner YMCA in Norwood is seeking part-time class instructors for their gymnastics program. Experience in gymnastics is preferred but not required. The YMCA is a great place for high school students to gain work and leadership experience. Employee hours are flexible and limited to only after school or weekends. Contact Stephanie Pollock at SPollock@cincinnatiymca.org for more information.
From the Director of Academics
1st Semester Exam Schedule
Please note . . .
Behavior Expectations . . .
From the Drama Guild
- "Prepare Ye" for Godspell is headed to the RB stage for the fourth time! The Drama Guild is holding two informational meetings for those
interested in being in the cast and crew of this spring 2019 production. Students may come to either meeting on December 12th at 3:00 pm or December 13th during Flex to
hear about the audition and crew application process.
- Important upcoming events include the following:
- December 14th: Dance Workshop from 3:00 - 5:00 pm in the Music Room
- January 4th: Vocal Workshop from 3:00 - 5:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center
- January 4th: Crew applications for "Godspell" due
- January 7th & 8th: Cast auditions for "Godspell"
- January 9th: Crew interviews
- January 10th: Final cast callbacks
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at email@example.com . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Dec 10: No School - Staff Professional Development
Dec 12: All School Mass - Reconciliation
Dec 13: Alumni Association Meeting
Dec 15: Christmas Dance
Dec 19: Christmas Assembly
Dec 20 - 21: 1st Semester Exams
Dec 22 - Jan 02: No School - Christmas Break
Jan 04: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jan 08: PTA Meeting
Jan 09: Alumni Association Meeting
Jan 10: Science Fair
Jan 11: End of 2nd Quarter
Jan 17: Early Dismissal - Athletic Sports Stag
Jan 17 - 20: March for Life (Washington D.C.)
Jan 18: No School - Staff Religious In-Service
Jan 21: No School - Martin Luther King Day
Jan 27 - Feb 02: Catholic Schools Week
Jan 29: Talent Show
Jan 30: All School Mass - Catholic Schools Week
Jan 30 - Feb 01: Kairos
Feb 12: PTA Meeting
Feb 13: Alumni Association Meeting
Feb 14: Early Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Feb 15: No School - Staff Professional Development
Feb 18: No School - Presidents' Day
Mar 01: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 06: All School Mass - Ash Wednesday
Mar 11: No School - Staff Professional Development
Mar 12: ACT - Junior Class
Mar 14: Alumni Association Meeting
Mar 15: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Mar 22: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 28: Reconciliation
Mar 29: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 02: Sophomore Retreat Day - Girls
Apr 03: Sophomore Retreat Day - Boys
Apr 04 - 07: Spring Musical
Apr 05: Sophomore Service Day (1/4 class)
Apr 08: No School - Staff Professional Development Day
Apr 09: PTA Meeting
Apr 11: Alumni Association Meeting
Apr 12: No School - Prom
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: Fine Arts Festival
May 06 - 17: AP Testing
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
May 13: All School Mass
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: Graduation Mass/Awards Ceremony
End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos