Click to View the Week of April 8
|Monday||Apr 08||No School - Staff Professional Development
Service Opportunity: Food Pantry @ St. Clement
Varsity Softball vs Alter @ Vine St. Park
Varsity Baseball vs Alter @ Wright State Baseball Stadium
|Tuesday||Apr 09||Regular Schedule
Class of 2023 Registration Night (6:30 pm in Fine Arts Center)
PTO Meeting (7:00 pm in ITC)
Varsity Boys Volleyball @ Chaminade Julienne
Varsity Softball vs Wyoming @ Vine St. Park
Varsity Baseball vs Walnut Hills @ Roselawn Sports Complex
Varsity Track @ Deer Park (Deer Park Invitational)
|Wednesday||Apr 10||Modified Block Schedule
Varsity Boys Volleyball @ Carroll
Varsity Softball vs Carroll @ Vine St. Park
Varsity Baseball @ Carroll
Varsity Track @ Norwood (Norwood Invitational)
|Thursday||Apr 11||Modified Block Schedule
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
Catholic Schools Banquet
Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Badin
Varsity Softball @ Winton Woods
|Friday||Apr 12||No School
Prom (8:00 - 11:30 pm @ Newport Aquarium)
After-Prom (11:00 pm - 2:30 am at GameOn!)
|Saturday||Apr 13||Alumni Awards Dinner
Varsity Softball @ Norwood
Varsity Baseball @ Taylor
|Sunday||Apr 14||No Activities Scheduled|
- The April PTO meeting will be held Tuesday, April 9th at 7:00 pm in the Information & Technology Center. Please attend so
you can be up-to-date on all the exciting upcoming events as we head towards the end of the school year. Look forward to seeing you there!
- The 2019 Junior/Senior Prom will be held at the Newport Aquarium on Friday, April 12th from 8:00 - 11:30 pm. In addition
to a dance hall, we will have full access to all the aquarium exhibits as well as the opportunity to interact with several of the aquarium’s animal
residents. The theme this year is a Mardi Gras Masquerade.
After-prom will be on April 12th from 11:00 pm – 3:00 am at Game On! (6630 Hamilton Ave. in North College Hill). Roger Bacon's PTO is providing lots of fun activities including inflatables to climb on, soccer and volleyball space, a photo booth to get some great pictures with friends. games to play, snacks and a coffee bar to enjoy. Students must arrive by 12:00 am and need to stay until at least 2:30 am unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian for early departure.
- Roger Bacon's PTO presents the 2019 Senior Showcase: FRIENDS...RB There for You. It will be held on Wednesday, April 17th.
Doors open at 7:00 pm and the show begins at 8:00 pm. There will be basket raffles, split-the-pot and a grand prize raffle. Cost of a ticket is $20 per person and includes a coffee bar, desserts and beverages. Pre-sale tickets will also include one ticket for the grand prize raffle. Proceeds from the
Senior Showcase fund After-Prom, which provides a fun and safe place for our students to go when prom is over. Please see the PTO website for a
link to the invitation. Thank you for your generous support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Driver education classes start on Monday, April 29th. Please stop by the Main Office to sign-up and pick-up a packet of information.
Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 weeks. This will be the last class offered this school year.
- Welcome Sisi! We are excited to welcome the newest member of our Spartan Family – a five-month old Australian Labradoodle named Sisi.
She will be joining us in late April as a fully trained, hypo-allergenic therapy dog. Sisi is currently going
through twelve weeks of training at “Ultimate Canine” in Indiana. After that, select members of Roger Bacon’s faculty and staff will have three
days of training as handlers. Sisi will spend her days at school, as well as attending games, assemblies, retreats, etc. The trained handlers will
instruct students on how to best interact with and behave around Sisi so the experience is both enjoyable and productive. We look forward to you
meeting Sisi when you visit Roger Bacon! If you would like to contribute to her ongoing care (food, vet bills, supplies) please
contact Principal Steve Schad at (email@example.com).
- Attention Senior Parents: Each year, the Roger Bacon yearbook staff offers parents the opportunity to honor their son or daughter
with a PDA (Public Display of Affection) ad in the yearbook. These ads support the production of the yearbook and are a wonderful way to preserve
your senior's memories for years to come. For more information and a copy of the order form, visit http://bit.ly/rbyearbook19.
- Registration for the 2019/20 school year is due to the Business Office. Please contact the Business Manager if you
need paperwork or have questions. BE A SPARTAN!
- Save the Date! The Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course.
Tee times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org for
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Drama Guild
- Thank you to everyone associated with the production of Godspell - GREAT JOB!!
- Rehearsal Schedule - Week of April 8th
- Tuesday, April 9th: 3:00 - 5:00 pm - Set Strike
From the Guidance Office
- Sophomores: The Paul and Naomi Thomas Scholarship has just opened. This is a FULL TUITION scholarship for current sophomores. Applications are in the Guidance Office.
- Remember to bring in all of the scholarships you have been offered! We will announce all of the scholarships at the Graduation Awards Ceremony.
- There are several scholarship opportunities for seniors listed on the guidance web page. Now is the time to apply! Applications are available online and in the guidance office.
Roger Bacon High School Underwater Hockey Summer Camp
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at email@example.com . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Apr 17: Senior Showcase
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Apr 18 - 28: No School - Easter Break
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Studio Art 2D / Studio Art 3D/ Studio Art Drawing
May 13: All School Mass
AP Testing - Biology
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - World History
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip
Aug 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
Aug 21: First Day of Classes
Sept 2: No School (Labor Day)
Sept 6: Grandparents' Day
Sept 12: Meet the Teacher Night
Sept 13: No School (Religious In-service)
Sept 19-27: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage to Italy
Oct 18: Homecoming
Oct 27: Open House
Oct 28: No School (Professional Development)
Nov 7: Veterans' Assembly / Parent-Teacher Conferences
Nov 8: No School (Professional Development)
Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
Nov 27 - Dec 2: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Dec 23- Jan 5: No School (Christmas Break)
Jan 16: Sports Stag
Jan 17: No School (Professional Development)
Jan 20: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
Feb 14: No School (Professional Development)
Feb 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
Mar 20: No School (Professional Development)
Apr 9-19: No School (Easter Break)
Apr 24: No School (Professional Development) / Prom
Apr 25: Evening for Excellence
Apr 28: Academic Awards Ceremony
May 1: Fine Arts Festival
May 25: No School (Memorial Day)
Jun 2: Graduation Mass and Awards
Jun 3: Graduation