Click to View the Period April 15 - 28
|Monday||Apr 15||Regular Schedule
Service Opportunity: Bacon Buddies
Varsity Softball vs Purcell @ Vine St. Park
Varsity Baseball vs Purcell @ Brandon Phillips Field
|Tuesday||Apr 16||Regular Schedule
Varsity Track @ Finneytown (Finneytown Invitational)
Varsity Boys Volleyball vs Walnut Hills
Varsity Baseball @ St. Xavier
|Wednesday||Apr 17||Regular Schedule
Dress Down Day
Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Senior Showcase (7:00 pm in Fine Arts Center)
Varsity Softball @ Purcell
Varsity Baseball vs Purcell @ Roselawn Sports Complex
|Thursday||Apr 18||No School - Easter Break
|Friday||Apr 19||No School - Easter Break
|Saturday||Apr 20||Varsity Track @ Cardinal Park, University of Louisville (Eastern Relays)
Varsity Baseball vs Goshen @ Brandon Phillips Field
No Activities Scheduled
|Monday||Apr 22||No School - Easter Break
Varsity Softball vs Fenwick @ Vine St. Park
Varsity Baseball vs Fenwick @ Brandon Phillips Field
|Tuesday||Apr 23||No School - Easter Break
Varsity Softball @ Princeton
|Wednesday||Apr 24||No School - Easter Break
Varsity Track @Taylor (Taylor Invitational)
Varsity Baseball @ Fenwick
Varsity Softball @ Fenwick
|Thursday||Apr 25||No School - Easter Break|
|Friday||Apr 26||No School - Easter Break
Varsity Softball @ McNicholas
|Saturday||Apr 27||Varsity Track @ Kings (Kings Field Event Invitational)|
|Sunday||Apr 28||No Activities Scheduled|
- Easter Break begins Thursday, April 18th and runs through Sunday, April 28th. Have a safe and blessed Easter break!!
- Roger Bacon's PTO presents the 2019 Senior Showcase: FRIENDS...RB There for You. It will be held on Wednesday, April 17th.
Doors open at 7:00 pm and the show begins at 8:00 pm. There will be basket raffles, split-the-pot and a grand prize raffle. Cost of a ticket is $20 per person and includes a coffee bar, desserts and beverages. Pre-sale tickets will also include one ticket for the grand prize raffle. Proceeds from the
Senior Showcase fund After-Prom, which provides a fun and safe place for our students to go when prom is over. Please see our website for a link
to the invitation. Thank you for your generous support. Email email@example.com with questions.
- Driver education classes start on Monday, April 29th. Please stop by the Main Office to sign-up and pick-up a packet of information.
Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 weeks. This will be the last class offered this school year.
- The Drama Guild's last meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, May 1st at 3:00 pm in the Music Room.
We will be discussing Thespian Honor Society inductions, the Cappies Gala, officer elections, voting on the Thespian of the Year, and much more!
Please see Ms. Murray in room 56 with any questions.
- Roger Bacon is hosting our 2019 Fine Arts Festival on May 3rd in the Fine Arts Center from 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
- Welcome Sisi! We are excited to welcome the newest member of our Spartan Family – a five-month old Australian Labradoodle named Sisi. She will be joining us on May 1st as a fully trained, hypo-allergenic therapy dog. Sisi is currently going
through twelve weeks of training at “Ultimate Canine” in Indiana. After that, select members of Roger Bacon’s faculty and staff will have three
days of training as handlers. Sisi will spend her days at school, as well as attending games, assemblies, retreats, etc. The trained handlers will
instruct students on how to best interact with and behave around Sisi so the experience is both enjoyable and productive. We look forward to you
meeting Sisi when you visit Roger Bacon! If you would like to contribute to her ongoing care (food, vet bills, supplies) please
contact Principal Steve Schad at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Attention Senior Parents: Each year, the Roger Bacon yearbook staff offers parents the opportunity to honor their son or daughter
with a PDA (Public Display of Affection) ad in the yearbook. These ads support the production of the yearbook and are a wonderful way to preserve
your senior's memories for years to come. For more information and a copy of the order form, visit http://bit.ly/rbyearbook19.
- Registration for the 2019/20 school year is due to the Business Office. Please contact the Business Manager if you
need paperwork or have questions. BE A SPARTAN!
- Save the Date! The Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble will be held on Friday, May 17th at the Glenview Golf Course.
Tee times are 1:30 pm. Cost is $100 for men and & $75 for women. Contact Rick Sollmann at 641-1313 or email@example.com for
- Did you know you can help raise funds for RB Athletics every time you use your Kroger Plus card? Please take 5 minutes of your time and sign up to benefit our student athletes! Follow these simple instructions at https://rogerbaconspartans.org/kroger-community-rewards/
From the Guidance Office
- Sophomores: The Paul and Naomi Thomas Scholarship is a FULL TUITION scholarship for current
sophomores. Applications are due back to the Guidance Office by Tuesday, April 16th.
- Remember to bring in all of the scholarships you have been offered! We will announce all of the scholarships at the Graduation Awards Ceremony.
- There are several scholarship opportunities for seniors listed on the guidance web page. Now is the time to apply! Applications
are available online and in the guidance office.
- St. Clement School is hiring students for the summer. Please contact Mr. Vonder Muelen at St. Clement or by phone at 673-2808. Stop in the guidance office for more information.
Roger Bacon High School Underwater Hockey Summer Camp
Attention Veterans and Families of Veterans
We are looking for information on graduates from either Roger Bacon or Our Lady of Angels who have served in the military after World War II. If you are or know someone who has served, would you please provide the following information:
- Graduation Year
- Branch of Service
- Years of Service (i.e., 1975 - 1980)
We are recognizing our veterans and current servicemen and women in our Honors Hallway and sincerely appreciate your assistance in identifying all our alum who have or are serving in our armed forces. Please send the information to Principal Steve Schad at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you very much!
Important Upcoming Dates:
May 03: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in ITC)
Fine Arts Festival
May 06: AP Testing - U.S. Government
May 08: AP Testing - English Literature & Composition
Womens' Hall of Fame Dinner (FAC)
May 09: Academic Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - Chemistry / Psychology
May 10: AP Testing - U.S. History / Studio Art 2D / Studio Art 3D/ Studio Art Drawing
May 13: All School Mass
AP Testing - Biology
May 14: AP Testing - Calculus
May 15: AP Testing - English Language & Composition
Alumni Association Meeting (6:30 pm in ITC)
May 16: Service Awards Ceremony
AP Testing - World History
AP Testing - Statistics
May 17: Seniors Last Day / Senior Assembly
Roger Bacon Golf Outing Scramble
May 20 - 21: Senior Exams
May 22: Music Awards (FAC)
May 24: Early Dismissal - Underclass Last Day of Classes
May 27: No School - Memorial Day
May 28 - 29: Underclass Exams
May 30: End of 4th Quarter
Underclass Make-up Exams
May 31: Graduation
Jun 04 - 06: Kairos
Jun 07: First Friday Mass (8:15 am in FAC)
Jun 08: ACT
Jun 19: Board of Directors Meeting (4:30 pm in ITC)
Jul 13 - 28: School Closed for Maintenance
Aug 04 - 11: New Orleans Mission Trip
Aug 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
Aug 21: First Day of Classes
Sept 2: No School (Labor Day)
Sept 6: Grandparents' Day
Sept 12: Meet the Teacher Night
Sept 13: No School (Religious In-service)
Sept 19-27: Assisi Scholars Pilgrimage to Italy
Oct 18: Homecoming
Oct 27: Open House
Oct 28: No School (Professional Development)
Nov 7: Veterans' Assembly / Parent-Teacher Conferences
Nov 8: No School (Professional Development)
Nov 11: No School (Veterans' Day)
Nov 27 - Dec 2: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Dec 23- Jan 5: No School (Christmas Break)
Jan 16: Sports Stag
Jan 17: No School (Professional Development)
Jan 20: No School (Martin Luther King Day)
Feb 14: No School (Professional Development)
Feb 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
Mar 20: No School (Professional Development)
Apr 9-19: No School (Easter Break)
Apr 24: No School (Professional Development) / Prom
Apr 25: Evening for Excellence
Apr 28: Academic Awards Ceremony
May 1: Fine Arts Festival
May 25: No School (Memorial Day)
Jun 2: Graduation Mass and Awards
Jun 3: Graduation