2017 Science Fair Winners and Superior Ratings
Congratulations to all the Spartans who participated in the 2017 Science Fair. There was a great turnout of Roger Bacon students and participation of students from St. Ignatius and Cardinal Pacelli was outstanding. The projects were judged by 18 volunteers from various locations including the EPA, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Xavier University and Duke Energy. There were a total of 61 projects presented and 6 projects received the rating of 'Superior' and are eligible to move on to the regional level Science Fair at University of Cincinnati.
- Bacteria Growing on Money – Patrick Murray '17, Tyler Frechette '17, and Christopher Childers '17
- Bottle, Sink, Fountain Filtered…What’s the difference? - Josiah McGee '20
- Wave Energy – Christine Hoffmann '19, Emma Sauer '19, Anna Perry '19 and Meggie Suffoletta '19
- Magnetic Linear Accelerator – Jacob Beyer '19
- Pedal Power – Zac Howell '19
- Sugar Rocket Test – George Vieth '18
The winners for each of the 4 categories, having the highest scores, received a $250 prize.
Biology: Bacteria Growing on Money -- Patrick Murray, Tyler Frechette, Christopher Childers
Chemistry: Bottle, Sink, Fountain, Filtered... What's The Difference? - Josiah McGee
Engineering: Pedal Power - Zac Howell*Grand Prize winner $500 and highest overall score*
Physics: Sugar Rocket Test - George Vieth