2017 Summer Assignments
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2021)
- Freshmen in CC level read Saving CeeCee Honneycutt by Beth Hoffman.
- Freshmen in CP and Honors English read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.
An assessment will be administered the second week of school.
Incoming Sophomores (Class of 2020)
Incoming Juniors (Class of 2019)
- All Juniors read Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza for their Theology class and complete a summer assignment on Schoology. A copy of the assignment can also be found here. For questions, please contact Kate Romolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AP® US History students read chapters 1, 3, 4, and 6 of Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen and Chapters 1 to 5 in Alan Brinkley,
The Unfinished Nation.
- AP® Language students read chapters 1, 6, and 10 of Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen.
Incoming Seniors (Class of 2018)
- AP® Government students read and answer questions for Chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook Government in America. Click here for a copy of the questions that were distributed at the end of the school year.
- AP® Literature students read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Students should take notes and focus on the significance
of setting as they read.
- AP® Psychology students choose one of the following units from the course textbook Myers Psychology: Unit V "States of Consciousness"
or Unit VI "Learning" and develop a class presentation by creating a one page hard copy handout and a power point (approximately
ten minutes). The assignment is due on the Monday following Labor Day (September 11).
- AP® Calculus AB students complete the summer work packet. Please click here for a copy of the assignment.
- AP® Biology students are expected to read and comment on articles uploaded to Schoology and take occasional quizzes over the readings. Students
should log in at least every other week to check for new articles/discussions/quizzes. The access code for the class is 4JVJB-JPQQ7. For questions, please contact Mr. Kyle Monahan at email@example.com.